Fostex x Massdrop TH-X00 Review
Dec 7, 2015 at 6:09 PM Post #1,846 of 12,086
Which hm5 pads in particular?

Also great news, I was a little worried not getting an email from Massdrop but logging in shows I'm getting mine on Thursday. If I can keep the tour unit til Fri, I can A/B burn in vs fresh out of the box.

@Barra check the actual shipping, some packages moved up to sooner delivery dates by a day.

http://www.amazon.com/Brainwavz-Velor-Memory-Replacements-Earpads/dp/B00MFDX4YO/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1449529745&sr=8-1&keywords=brainwavz+hm5

Dec 7, 2015 at 6:10 PM Post #1,847 of 12,086

Yes, but it will be tomorrow before I can try them. Will report back for sure. 

Sweet, thanks Matt. I should have my headphones tomorrow as well but I don't have any pads laying around. I know that I will be 100% replacing these pads as they for sure will be too small. Even the th900's pads just barley hit my earlobe and caused some annoying discomfort. I need a pad that is slightly taller then the stock th900 pads. Width wasn't even close to an issue but apparently I have longer then normal ears.

Dec 7, 2015 at 6:12 PM Post #1,850 of 12,086
  Sweet, thanks Matt. I should have my headphones tomorrow as well but I don't have any pads laying around. I know that I will be 100% replacing these pads as they for sure will be too small. Even the th900's pads just barley hit my earlobe and caused some annoying discomfort. I need a pad that is slightly taller then the stock th900 pads. Width wasn't even close to an issue but apparently I have longer then normal ears.

These pads are not as small as I imagined. They are not as small as Momentum 2 over ear or pm-3. Maybe close to pm-3, but my ears are not touching. 

Dec 7, 2015 at 6:17 PM Post #1,852 of 12,086

These pads are not as small as I imagined. They are not as small as Momentum 2 over ear or pm-3. Maybe close to pm-3, but my ears are not touching. 

Hey Matt, if you get a chance can you take a close up pic of the stock pads next to say the audeze/lawton/something else. If they don't fit my ears, I'd just like a visual of which ones would have the biggest opening from top to bottom for my long ears. Doesn't have to be tonight, just whenever you get around to it.

For reference, my ears fit perfectly inside the SHP9500 earpads though these pads are to shallow and my ears touch the drivers. The height and width are perfect size.

Dec 7, 2015 at 6:17 PM Post #1,853 of 12,086
I don't want to try it on the review unit so it'll be awhile. Also won't change things on my unit until i've had at least 100 hrs in but I'll definitely update.
Yes there is. And I'd like to know what you think. I damaged my pair so I can't try them out. 

Dec 7, 2015 at 6:19 PM Post #1,854 of 12,086

Velour hm5 pads are a fail. Kills the bass completely. 

Which hm5 pads in particular?

Also great news, I was a little worried not getting an email from Massdrop but logging in shows I'm getting mine on Thursday. If I can keep the tour unit til Fri, I can A/B burn in vs fresh out of the box.

@Barra check the actual shipping, some packages moved up to sooner delivery dates by a day.

Very cool, you are right Andrew, it is Thursday now.

Dec 7, 2015 at 6:27 PM Post #1,858 of 12,086
Or with TH600/900 pads and see if they sound identical to the TH600
very_evil_smiley.gif

Dec 7, 2015 at 6:30 PM Post #1,859 of 12,086
Mine arrived. I was like 12xx order but my S/N is 1910. After the 1st 250 The order sequence does not appear to be relevant.

The first 250 orders are guaranteed a random serial number between 1 and 300. The rest of the orders get a random serial number from the rest of the batch. It may even be theoretically possible for a later order to get a number below 300, but it's at least not guaranteed.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back