1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

Fostex x Massdrop TH-X00 Review

Discussion in 'Headphones (full-size)' started by jude, Nov 24, 2015.
First

Back
113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122
124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133
Next

Last
  1. 45longcolt

5 p.m. EST Monday, no email, no tracking # - Massdrop hates me...[​IMG]

2. audiobot
    Boom! These sound great. The bass thumps hard on these.

ibs63 likes this.
  3. jamor

I like your cups the best so far.  Very cool.

ibs63 likes this.
  4. JohnYang

Same....

5. YtseJamer

X2.  I have the feeling that it's going to cost me at least $125 of duties because of DHL. [​IMG]

At the end of the day, the total will be very close to $700 CAD.

6. MannerPylon
    2015-12-0717.17.57.jpg

2015-12-0717.18.05.jpg

Just got mine in!

Edit 1: Initial impressions, they sound surprisingly good right out of the box, comparing to a pair of D2000's with the Lawton mods/purpleheart cups. Will continue to listen and see how it goes. So far so good

Edit 2: Btw I'm currently running it through an M3 amp and using a gungnir as source, will try it on the BHA-1 later

ibs63 likes this.
  7. jamor

Now that's what I like to hear   [​IMG] 

8. Barra
    Heard @Soundsgoodtome 's demo set at the Seattle meet and can say that I am very happy. While waiting for the X00 to be available I listened to the Denon D5000s that they are being compared to and can easily say the X99 kicks the snot out of the 5000s with the X00 way better for my tastes. In fact, I really didn't like the 5000s with the recessed mids and sloppy bass. It gave me panic until I finally heard the X00 and was treated to a nice fun signature that fits well into my HP stable. It is flat providing nice meaty mids while the Bass was the star of the show. Rather than always on, it comes on like thunder when called upon. What I really liked was directly out of my AK100ii when my bass head song rattled my molars. No external amping, just right out of my AK. Don't worry, when I say flat I mean that we have treble as well, but it is nicely smoothed and integrated into the signature rather than being bright and screechy. I was worried that having the bass king LCD2.2 would negate the need, but it is significantly different in flavor so it is complementary. However, the X00 is an easy to drive, semi closed HP that I can use at night out of an easy source. I cannot wait to get mine Friday so that I can play more.

ibs63 and Hi-Fi EDU like this.
  9. MattTCG
    Velour hm5 pads are a fail. Kills the bass completely. 

Hi-Fi EDU likes this.
  10. Whitigir

They are cloth and highly absorbent or are they not ? I think anything that is not pleather or leather will kill the bass on any headphones :D

11. intlsubband

Really? good to know, was considering those...

Did anyone try their hybrid pads on the X00?

12. intlsubband

My HE-500 begs to differ... [​IMG]

13. inseconds99
    Any chance you have the non velour or lawton/audeze angles laying around and can give some impressions.

I said this in an earlier post but something feels off about these headphones. I feel like they got so much praise from reviewers but I have only seen 1 person who actually bought theirs from massdrop give a positive review, everyone else's opinions aren't very positive.

14. MattTCG

Yes, but it will be tomorrow before I can try them. Will report back for sure. 

15. Soundsgoodtome
    Which hm5 pads in particular?

Also great news, I was a little worried not getting an email from Massdrop but logging in shows I'm getting mine on Thursday. If I can keep the tour unit til Fri, I can A/B burn in vs fresh out of the box.

Barra check the actual shipping, some packages moved up to sooner delivery dates by a day.

First

Back
113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122
124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133
Next

Last