Fostex x Massdrop TH-X00 Review
Dec 7, 2015 at 6:36 PM Post #1,861 of 12,086

The first 250 orders are guaranteed a random serial number between 1 and 300. The rest of the orders get a random serial number from the rest of the batch. It may even be theoretically possible for a later order to get a number below 300, but it's at least not guaranteed.

Forgot to even check my number. 267...
rolleyes.gif

I ordered within the first minute. I feel that you should be assigned random numbers. First come first serve, right? No biggie though. Just a number. 

Dec 7, 2015 at 6:43 PM Post #1,863 of 12,086
Yea my order number lined me up in the 500s but got serial 1683. Really don't care either way. I actually probably prefer to be out of the first 250 if that meant they didn't need to sort and shipped mine fater. Looks like there was no delay on the 0-300's though which is nice to see.

Another hour of listening and I'm still pretty impressed with these, especially considering the price they went for. Plus, wood cups always make me smile.

Dec 7, 2015 at 6:59 PM Post #1,864 of 12,086
In keeping with this thread, I NEED to tell you ALL that my headphones are slated for EARLY DELIVERY on Thursday instead of friday! This is MONUMENTAL NEWS! 
basshead.gif

I think I deserve an internet for letting you guys know my tracking status. 
wink.gif

Dec 7, 2015 at 7:03 PM Post #1,865 of 12,086
  In keeping with this thread, I NEED to tell you ALL that my headphones are slated for EARLY DELIVERY on Thursday instead of friday! This is MONUMENTAL NEWS! 
basshead.gif

I think I deserve an internet for letting you guys know my tracking status. 
wink.gif

LOL, I have to admit I was apart of this tracking thing myself. I have to say though, I am literally 1 hour from the warehouse as I am in NY. I got the tracking info on Friday and it was slated to be at my door today and it has been in a facility near my house in NY since 2am. Instead, they updated the shipping and changed it tomorrow when I am working late. I have no idea why my package is in a ups center near my house for the last 15 hours and it hasn't moved but it is annoying me to no end.
wink.gif

Dec 7, 2015 at 7:04 PM Post #1,866 of 12,086
Shipping was just excellent for me. Tracking on Friday, early delivery today. Waived the signature release on line and couldn't be happier with the experience. Great job MD!!

Dec 7, 2015 at 7:05 PM Post #1,867 of 12,086
  LOL, I have to admit I was apart of this tracking thing myself. I have to say though, I am literally 1 hour from the warehouse as I am in NY. I got the tracking info on Friday and it was slated to be at my door today and it has been in a facility near my house in NY since 2am. Instead, they updated the shipping and changed it tomorrow when I am working late. I have no idea why my package is in a ups center near my house for the last 15 hours and it hasn't moved but it is annoying me to no end.
wink.gif

:/ that sucks. At least I'm literally across the country. What I'm wondering is why is massdrop is SF, but their warehouse in NJ. Lol. I'm sure they could have got a warehouse in Oakland or in the central valley. 
tongue.gif

Dec 7, 2015 at 7:06 PM Post #1,869 of 12,086
Shipping was just excellent for me. Tracking on Friday, early delivery today. Waived the signature release on line and couldn't be happier with the experience. Great job MD!!

Well mine is here, but I wasn't there to take delivery, and tomorrow it will arrive. Then I will ship immediately to the next fortunate buyer :wink:. In the mean time, mine arrived today

Dec 7, 2015 at 7:09 PM Post #1,870 of 12,086
Well mine is here, but I wasn't there to take delivery, and tomorrow it will arrive. Then I will ship immediately to the next fortunate buyer
wink.gif
. In the mean time, mine arrived today

Well that was a short lived experience. 
smily_headphones1.gif

I feel like massdrop just enables the impulse buyer in all of us. 
rolleyes.gif

Dec 7, 2015 at 7:09 PM Post #1,872 of 12,086
  Yea my order number lined me up in the 500s but got serial 1683. Really don't care either way. I actually probably prefer to be out of the first 250 if that meant they didn't need to sort and shipped mine fater. Looks like there was no delay on the 0-300's though which is nice to see.

Another hour of listening and I'm still pretty impressed with these, especially considering the price they went for. Plus, wood cups always make me smile.

Another Pittsburger in on the drop! 
beerchug.gif

I receive mine on Wednesday and I'm super excited to give them a listen. Everyone keep the reviews, impressions, opinions, and pictures coming. On that note... I'm not sure why some continue to insist that, seemingly, nobody has given the x00 a favorable review or opinion besides the 'experienced' reviewers? Most of what I'm seeing is positive at this early stage. Perhaps, like sound, we all interpret or see the same text differently? It seems to me that we humans are adept at seeing what they're looking for, and hearing what we're listening for. World views and mental models extend beyond our cultural and sociological contexts to the audible experience everyone here is so fond of. Listen on everyone, listen on.

Cheers! 

Dec 7, 2015 at 7:10 PM Post #1,873 of 12,086
  My only thought would be that the bulk shipping/warehouse space might be cheaper in NJ? Saves on taxes too.

What blows for me is THEY STILL CHARGE CA TAX when they are shipping from NJ. Weird process dude.... And yeah cali land is expensive, but all that farm land in the central valley tho..... 
confused_face.gif

Dec 7, 2015 at 7:13 PM Post #1,874 of 12,086

Another Pittsburger in on the drop! 
beerchug.gif

I receive mine on Wednesday and I'm super excited to give them a listen. Everyone keep the reviews, impressions, opinions, and pictures coming. On that note... I'm not sure why some continue to insist that, seemingly, nobody has given the x00 a favorable review or opinion besides the 'experienced' reviewers? Most of what I'm seeing is positive at this early stage. Perhaps, like sound, we all interpret or see the same text differently? It seems to me that we humans are adept at seeing what they're looking for, and hearing what we're listening for. World views and mental models extend beyond our cultural and sociological contexts to the audible experience everyone here is so fond of. Listen on everyone, listen on.

Cheers! 

Yessir! Too bad yours got pushed to Wednesday. Mine were originally supposed to arrive Tuesday but then got moved up to today.

It's not a "reference" sound signature and it doesn't much to drive this HPs so it makes sense that opinions within the community are going to be mixed. I'm certainly enjoying what I've been hearing form it so far. It's pretty fun and energetic to my ears.

Dec 7, 2015 at 7:17 PM Post #1,875 of 12,086
Well that was a short lived experience. :)  

I feel like massdrop just enables the impulse buyer in all of us. :rolleyes:

Impulsed purchase on thx00 yes. Short lived ? Nah, this is 900 :wink: my Christmas gift and the reason why I sold thx00 sealed. It comes tomorrow and I will ship on the same day as well

Users who are viewing this thread

Back