1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

Fostex x Massdrop TH-X00 Review

Discussion in 'Headphones (full-size)' started by jude, Nov 24, 2015.
First

Back
117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126
128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137
Next

Last
  1. fjrabon

The "I have never even heard this, but I'm going to give a strong opinion on it based on "educated" guesses I'm making" is by far the most annoying aspect of head-fi.  Well, except the whole making me spend thousands of dollars on things I don't really need part.

Hansotek likes this.
  2. MannerPylon
    What's your audio chain?

3. inseconds99
    (Mac min, Burson soloist SL, wyred 4 sound DAC2)

4. MannerPylon
    Haha depending how long you've hung around here you've probably left the "things I don't really need" stratosphere years ago. The earbuds that are included with an ipod technically do play sound. :)

5. JamieCole

I'm quite jealous of this picture at the moment! Do you have to wait for a listening session or can you jam out to your heart's (or ear's) content? If you can't, damn, that's rough. 

[​IMG]

6. fjrabon
    So, I'm going to pick these up before work wednesday.  I have access to some of the gear I've sold off to friends (and some that is theirs), and they're going to let me borrow it to do some impressions with different setups.  I've taken thursday off work already, but part of me is considering lugging the following in to work on wednesday:

THX00
    HiFiMan HE400i
    Shure SRH840
    AudioTechnica M50X
    AudioTechnica ESW9
    Grace 9XX
    Schiit Modi uber2
    Schiit Magni
    Schiit bitfrost
    Schiit Lyr
    JDS ODAC
    JDS 02
    Millett SSMH
    AudioEngine D1

I can't even imagine how people are going to look at me lugging this all in to work.  It's my slow time of year, and I've basically finished everything I need to do before Christmas, but this is clearly unreasonably pushing it.

If I get fired, just know I did it for Head-Fi

Hi-Fi EDU likes this.
  7. Whitigir

Thank you! Now still waiting lol! Gotta wait for my adapter from 1/4 to 3.5mm tomorrow. Now I can only listen through my large rig which my kids are enjoying atm :D

8. MannerPylon
    You'll be the envy of all your coworkers. Nothing quite like getting your coworkers addicted to spending thousands on audio equipment that will send your office into a spiral of addicts who audition each other's equipment all day.

9. JamieCole

"What, this stuff? Oh, it's for an experiment I'm conducting...."

[​IMG]

10. fjrabon

I counted it up earlier today.  I've owned:

34 headphones (not counting headphones that came with stuff)
    10 amps
    7 DACs
    5 combo units

and I'm sure Im not even on the high end there.  

Hi-Fi EDU likes this.
  11. inseconds99
    Also have to decide on the MATRIX M-Stage HPA-3U  or a iFi Micro iDSD for my combo dac/amp for these. My girl will buy me one of the 2 for Christmas, unless someone can convince me otherwise with some other combo unit that is better.

12. audiobot
    My niece's pair is up for grabs in the sale section here at head-fi ($350 + free UPS ground shipping). I am keeping my pair. She's bugging mann. 

13. thekorsen
    And with that, I regret nothing. Getting mine Tuesday, so pumped! Now to secure a nice ODAC and Vali combo. HM5 pads seem very attractive too, but the question is angled or flat.

14. Soundsgoodtome
    Hi-Phi were you looking for a set?

15. TWerk
    It sold in minutes.

First

Back
117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126
128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137
Next

Last