Fostex x Massdrop TH-X00 Review
Nov 27, 2015 at 5:05 PM Post #526 of 12,086
Totally not worth not having warranty to save $20 or not wait for the next drop which will probably be months .

Forgive my naivaté, but are warranties not transferable for items purchased through Massdrop?

Nov 27, 2015 at 5:09 PM Post #527 of 12,086
Thanks Will. Last question - do these require an amp? I plan on using em with my AK Jr. 

Nov 27, 2015 at 5:16 PM Post #528 of 12,086
1. Do these wrap around the average neck decently for portability?

2. Is it foolish to consider these even remotely portable? I would like to use em in library/starbucks settings 

1. Not too bad, but the earpads do touch my chin when the TH-X00 is hanging on my neck, though. It can in intrusive, but I'm not bothered by it at all.

Here's how it looks on my neck, for a point of reference:

My chin is raised for the picture below

2. With the current cable configuration it can be a challenge to make it portable, but it wasn't terribly bad when walking around stores with the TH-X00 on my head. I had to carry the coiled cable around, though. My solution will be to make the TH-X00 detachable with an immaculate, beautifully created cable. I am very grateful to have had a company offer to create a custom cable for me for the TH-X00 for the blessed occasion in my life, my daughter's birth.

Nov 27, 2015 at 5:28 PM Post #529 of 12,086

TBH, biggest challenge you'll have with trying to use these as portables will be managing the cable and connector. Keep the twist ties it comes with and you should be good, or find some other solution. Either way, it's ~10ft and thicker than most headphone cables so IMO that's the real challenge to overcome. 

Thanks Will, 

10ft cable, time for cable mod with 4 ft length and 3.5mm connector. =)

Nov 27, 2015 at 5:42 PM Post #532 of 12,086
What was your rig when using em? i really dont want to use an amp

Nov 27, 2015 at 6:16 PM Post #540 of 12,086
If I were prudent, I wouldn't order these....but I wanna
blink.gif

Anyone know how these compare to Beyerdynamic DT770pro 80 ohm? I just bought those last month.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back