1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

Fostex x Massdrop TH-X00 Review

Discussion in 'Headphones (full-size)' started by jude, Nov 24, 2015.
First

Back
544 545 546 547 548 549 550 551 552 553
555 556 557 558 559 560 561 562 563 564
Next

Last
  1. fjrabon

you will need to buy some kind of amp, as the Modi multibit (or any Schiit DAC for that matter) can't directly power headphones.

2. WayTooCrazy
    From what I've been reading, the Modi Multibit is a serious piece of kit that not many other DACs can touch for under $500+ If you are willing to get one, then I'd say go for it.  I'm looking into Integrated myself, as I'd like my unit to power my headphones and speakers.

3. VRacer-111
    I have been thinking of picking up a Schiit Bifrost for a laptop based system since I already have a Meier Audio JAZZ-ff headphone amp that is used with my SACD player. Digital files are much more convenient compared to CD's, and with no loss in quality. Everything I've been listening to with the Purplehearts with has been FLAC files off from my tablet output via DFR USB DAC/amp.

4. slex
    Thats properbly more layer of coats on the W3000ANV.

5. Liu Junyuan

Nice amp. I would choose the Modi Multibit over any iteration of the Bifrost currently available. Schiit is going to announce something big this month, so even better, perhaps just be patient to see what it is.

6. WayTooCrazy
    Ok, try this out... makes your ears jiggle!

7. Change is Good
    Perfect match

IMG_20160821_245025347_HDR.jpg

8. Change is Good

It is.

9. slex

Nice any sound improvement? Im deciding to put more coats on it to a weigth level of PH or Ebony.

10. marts30
    My PH are in perfect condition, no imperfections that I can see.

11. ATau
    we've been hearing a lot of complaints about the PH's build quality and aesthetics, and not so many people have received a perfect condition headphone and commented about it.
    I wonder what the real proportions are... horrible vs. perfect finish

12. WayTooCrazy
    I like these enough, that I'd be interested in doing some of the Lawton mods (maybe even cups). I'm definitely going to do the SMC mod at some point. I just wish someone would post the part numbers...so I don't buy the wrong stuff. haha.

13. Halexx
    Ok, so i have my Purple Heart TH-X00 for some days now, here are my observations:

-Mine don't have cosmetics problem. Maybe i didn't check enough, but the only 'bubble wrap' mark i can see is when i check them with a flashlight, and even then, i didn't  wipe them, so maybe they are only exterior. Those head phone are gorgeous in my own opinion.

-They are , probably like most headphone, subject to good instalation on the head. If the headband is not on top of my head, there is some  loss in bass, wich, i admit, in some circumstance could be a good thing as...

-..they are bass monster. I come from AKG 601 and Shure SE425, my brain still have some burn in to do to process those in your face sub bass. Does are realy 'fun' headphones, as the frequency is like a smile in an EQ. I love them for engaging beats, and movies with sound effects(WOW!) For critical listening...they do miss the mids a little compare to my others headphones, but i did  buyed those headphones for bass and fun, not for detailed mids.

Over all, i'm realy happy with my purchase. I did my listening mostly on my Grace Desing/Massdrop M9xx and on Fiio X3(the two where realy good), and on Samsung S5(as with others headphone, just ok, but lack  of bass/overall substance).

I propose to you some bass intensive music(the real bassy part begin at 1m20s):

https://youtu.be/bwmSjveL3Lc

14. DavidA
    here are the SMC connectors: http://www.vetco.net/catalog/product_info.php?products_id=7368&keywords=smc
    Just remember that you will need to file down the center pin a little

WayTooCrazy likes this.
First

Back
544 545 546 547 548 549 550 551 552 553
555 556 557 558 559 560 561 562 563 564
Next

Last