1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

Fostex x Massdrop TH-X00 Review

Discussion in 'Headphones (full-size)' started by jude, Nov 24, 2015.
First

Back
90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99
101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110
Next

Last
  1. dmr72
    At least one DHL truck/van/whatever has left the warehouse [​IMG]

11:54PM GMT
    En route to DHL eCommerce Distribution Center

2. sabloke
    I haven't got my email yet...

3. sheldaze
    Agreed, do what you think is best.

My only concern is if the upgrade is not sufficient, you may decide to dismiss the entire Head-Fi world - that would make me sad, because there are ways to effectively upgrade. No need to just throw money at the problem. My opinion in general - some of the more accessible and easy to purchase Chinese products may not have a terribly good design or good audio quality. And definitely be sure to get opinions from the people who have heard the product. You may find a rare gem, at much lower cost from a boutique, which perhaps takes a little more effort to write to the designer/developer and then wait a few more weeks for them to ship.

I think this MassDrop offering is an example of that - all the legwork has been done for us. We just need to be patient and wait. But we also have good reviews of what we are expecting to hear. Probably best to do as you plan to, listen to how it sounds off your existing equipment. And do homework to try to find the next gem, if you're in the market for an upgrade.

4. 45longcolt

Yeah, I posted just to assure any others in my situation. Sadly, I'm in CA along with Massdrop HQ, so I get charged sales tax while my phones go from China to NJ and back to Cali. Sigh.

5. Whitigir

May be you can sponsor MD a free capital for the warehouse in California. :wink:

6. onefatsurfer
    My pair just arrived.  Giving them a listen now.  I will post unboxing photos and a comparison to my modded D7000's (J$ pads + dynamat mod) in a bit.  Giving my ears some break-in time with the TH-X00's then going to switch to the D7k's

JungleApe and Whitigir like this.
  7. xingfei
    Do please.

8. BB 808
    What's your serial number?

9. onefatsurfer
    Photos:

DSC_1402.jpg

DSC_1404.jpg

DSC_1405.jpg

They included a monoprice 3.5mm adapter.  Not bad, but I will use my own.

DSC_1406.jpg

Packaging is pretty low-end, but I don't really care about that.  I'm not planning on storing these in the packaging since they also included a pouch.  

DSC_1407.jpg

DSC_1408.jpg

DSC_1409.jpg

TH-X00 cable and plug on the left, D7000 plug on the right

DSC_1411.jpg

DSC_1412.jpg

qsk78 and Aplle like this.
  10. Whitigir
    Lol I knew it...somebody is going to ask lol

And darn....look good in real life ! I think it look even better than Denon lol

11. onefatsurfer
    My order # was 773994 and I got serial # 370.  I must have been right at the cutoff.  I ordered as soon as I possibly could, but I had to re-enter my CC expiration since I got a new card since my last drop :frowning2:  

Not that I really care about the serial #, lol.  Only reason I went for the low # is because it was an option and I knew I was buying them regardless.

12. Whitigir

Nice!, but 3+7+0= 10 which is 0 in Asian 3 cards gamble game :D. You would lose every hand with number 0 :wink:

13. wwmhf
    Thank a lot for these pictures, especially those with Denon 7000

14. onefatsurfer
    On first listen, I prefer the D7k's to these

15. Whitigir

What mods is on the Denon ? I would like to know very much. Is the driver in the Denon the same as this, or is it in fact the th900 one ? Thank u

First

Back
90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99
101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110
Next

Last