Fostex x Massdrop TH-X00 Review
Dec 5, 2015 at 7:48 AM Post #1,486 of 12,086
At least one DHL truck/van/whatever has left the warehouse
smile.gif

11:54PM GMT
En route to DHL eCommerce Distribution Center

Dec 5, 2015 at 9:22 AM Post #1,488 of 12,086
Agreed, do what you think is best.

My only concern is if the upgrade is not sufficient, you may decide to dismiss the entire Head-Fi world - that would make me sad, because there are ways to effectively upgrade. No need to just throw money at the problem. My opinion in general - some of the more accessible and easy to purchase Chinese products may not have a terribly good design or good audio quality. And definitely be sure to get opinions from the people who have heard the product. You may find a rare gem, at much lower cost from a boutique, which perhaps takes a little more effort to write to the designer/developer and then wait a few more weeks for them to ship.

I think this MassDrop offering is an example of that - all the legwork has been done for us. We just need to be patient and wait. But we also have good reviews of what we are expecting to hear. Probably best to do as you plan to, listen to how it sounds off your existing equipment. And do homework to try to find the next gem, if you're in the market for an upgrade.

Dec 5, 2015 at 11:03 AM Post #1,489 of 12,086
  I found myself in the same situation, and went through the same moves, and got a similar response from Hillary.  After providing her with an alternative physical address, I received an acknowledgement of the new address from her, and a
pre-shipping notification

Yeah, I posted just to assure any others in my situation. Sadly, I'm in CA along with Massdrop HQ, so I get charged sales tax while my phones go from China to NJ and back to Cali. Sigh.

Dec 5, 2015 at 12:40 PM Post #1,493 of 12,086
My pair just arrived.  Giving them a listen now.  I will post unboxing photos and a comparison to my modded D7000's (J$ pads + dynamat mod) in a bit.  Giving my ears some break-in time with the TH-X00's then going to switch to the D7k's

What's your serial number?

Dec 5, 2015 at 12:41 PM Post #1,494 of 12,086
Photos:

They included a monoprice 3.5mm adapter.  Not bad, but I will use my own.

Packaging is pretty low-end, but I don't really care about that.  I'm not planning on storing these in the packaging since they also included a pouch.  

TH-X00 cable and plug on the left, D7000 plug on the right

Dec 5, 2015 at 12:42 PM Post #1,496 of 12,086
What's your serial number?

My order # was 773994 and I got serial # 370.  I must have been right at the cutoff.  I ordered as soon as I possibly could, but I had to re-enter my CC expiration since I got a new card since my last drop :frowning2:  

Not that I really care about the serial #, lol.  Only reason I went for the low # is because it was an option and I knew I was buying them regardless.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back