Fostex to release revolutionary DAC/amp combo!
May 13, 2010 at 3:24 AM Post #46 of 173
hey cooperpwc,

yeah, after thinking through I assume its in the unit...
I think I prefer the in-built unit, as you don't have to deal with cables. and would come in handy in a fight!

May 13, 2010 at 3:26 AM Post #47 of 173

Quote:
hey cooperpwc,

yeah, after thinking through I assume its in the unit...
I think I prefer the in-built unit, as you don't have to deal with cables. and would come in handy in a fight!

lol. Never underestimate the importance of this. Especially if they are fighting to steal your portable stereo!

May 13, 2010 at 3:31 AM Post #48 of 173
not to mention it will be easier to justify the price to your better half, instead of showing her matchbox size boxes...
"...and you paid how much for this tiny thing??!%&*$"...... LOL

May 14, 2010 at 7:01 PM Post #50 of 173
dont know... to keep it portable ?

i never got the ipad usb dac joke, so you´re replacing the audio hardware which is actually half decent, but keeping all the software component which is the bad part, you know?,  that closed propritary system with limited format suport and the crap EQ software that makes a player thats actually built with decent parts sound like ass ?

"yea, the engine on my car is a piece of sh... so im going to replace the transmision" heh ?

May 15, 2010 at 2:28 AM Post #52 of 173
no, my complaint is you´re bypassing the entire hardware sound circuit and sticking with the software when the main problem with ipods and ipads is the other way around, its the software thats failing you, not the hardware, i really hate ipods, not becuase i hate apple (which i do, but thats another story), its becuase i´ve allways seen how they pick out some of the best hardware componentes in terms of amps, dacs and general build, and then put them togather in such a piss poor way, and then slap on a closed proprietary system that cripples it even further, its like going to the market, buying the freshest veggies, the best quality meats, then letting a 5 year old cook the stew with playdoe, and then letting him take a crap inside the pot, the USB dac on the ipad is a joke, you´re replacing the hardware component when the real problem is caused by the software,

May 15, 2010 at 4:12 AM Post #53 of 173
Of course, there is a room for different opinions on whether the iPod Touch/iPhone music player is an exquisite interface, lousy interface or somewhere in-between. But when you elevate your own tastes to deeming the USB DAC out (and by extension therefore the Fostex) a "joke", well...

Let's just say that we agree to disagree. Cheers.

Aug 1, 2010 at 9:07 PM Post #56 of 173
Very interesting. I might have to consider getting an 5.5g iPod if the Fostex DAC/Amp doesn't become too expensive.

Aug 1, 2010 at 9:50 PM Post #57 of 173
For a moment I thought I was looking at a steel plated HiFiMAN that swallowed an iPod.  So, is this meant to compete with the upcoming Cypher Labs Algorithm Solo transport+ ALO RX Mk2 combo?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back