Fostex TH900 Impressions & Discussion Thread
Sep 15, 2013 at 1:28 PM Post #5,431 of 18,761
+1 on the Soloist combo from another owner. I LOVE the th900  -soloist combo. To me it offers the perfect balance between detail & 'fun' sound that works across all genres.

According to the reviewer at Headfonia, the Soloist is average with TH-900 (not the case at all). He swears by the Bakoon headphone amp.

I'd like to have heard my Fostex with the Graham Slee Solo Ultra Linear, which is reputedly a great match for them too. Shame I sold mine.

I think they'd sound great out of most compatible amps though.

Sep 15, 2013 at 2:08 PM Post #5,432 of 18,761
I found that the Audeze hard travel case is a perfect match for the TH900.

Sep 15, 2013 at 2:10 PM Post #5,433 of 18,761
triportsad.gif
Quote:
  I found that the Audeze hard travel case is a perfect match for the TH900.

But your Audeze will be homeless 
triportsad.gif

Sep 15, 2013 at 9:18 PM Post #5,438 of 18,761
Just ordered them from Sonic Sense on Amazon at $1499. They were the last pair in stock and it was tax free from them so I saved quite a bit there.

Also, it seems like Amazon.com will be selling these directly soon? I see a pair selling for $1519 and starting to ship in 2 to 3 weeks. shipping and sold from Amazon.com.

Anyways, pretty excited for them to arrive. Will be my first foray into the high-end side
biggrin.gif

Sep 15, 2013 at 10:47 PM Post #5,439 of 18,761
  Just ordered them from Sonic Sense on Amazon at $1499. They were the last pair in stock and it was tax free from them so I saved quite a bit there.

Also, it seems like Amazon.com will be selling these directly soon? I see a pair selling for $1519 and starting to ship in 2 to 3 weeks. shipping and sold from Amazon.com.

Anyways, pretty excited for them to arrive. Will be my first foray into the high-end side
biggrin.gif

I got mine on Amazon through Gear Tree which is located in Michigan so no tax.  Here in California if it's sold directly from Amazon we get taxed.

Sep 15, 2013 at 11:01 PM Post #5,440 of 18,761

I got mine on Amazon through Gear Tree which is located in Michigan so no tax.  Here in California if it's sold directly from Amazon we get taxed.

Yeah, Amazon taxes Washington too (where I get my stuff shipped to). I'm actually in Canada so I just drive across the border to pick up my stuff.

Sep 16, 2013 at 2:59 AM Post #5,441 of 18,761

Sep 16, 2013 at 3:38 AM Post #5,442 of 18,761
According to the reviewer at Headfonia, the Soloist is average with TH-900 (not the case at all). He swears by the Bakoon headphone amp.

I'd like to have heard my Fostex with the Graham Slee Solo Ultra Linear, which is reputedly a great match for them too. Shame I sold mine.

I think they'd sound great out of most compatible amps though.

I have the bakoon amp and it is very good. It's a very classy amp for sure. For me with the HE-500, there is a difference between like a WOW moment with well recorded material that yo udont get with lesser amplification. This probably has to do with a lot of factors including the unknown power variable(it's hard to say how exactly power effects the he-500). So with that said, the HDA-5210mk3 is the most resolving amp I've heard. To me, it is a class above the taboo, which is said to be average with the th900. I really, really want to borrow a th900 and HE-6 from someone to try with this amp at some point.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back