Fostex T60RP
Feb 21, 2019 at 11:32 PM Post #961 of 1,451
OK, so FOSTEX replied quickly:

"[...]
Please kindly contact with our UK distributor as below for replacement.

Company: SCV Distribution
Region: Europe | Country: UK

Address:
Unit C1 Belcon Industrial Estate, Geddings Road, Hoddesdon, Hertfordshire, EN11 0NT, UK

Tel: +44 (0)3301 222500
Fax: +44 (0)1992 44 9171

Email: fostex@scvdistribution.co.uk

[...]"

Isn't funny @sbtourist? :) I wanted to call them myself anyway, now I'm sure I will.

Feb 23, 2019 at 6:44 AM Post #962 of 1,451
Amazon gave up, manufacturer's number from the internal database was unavailable anymore. :frowning2: Instead, they can swap or fully refund me. I'll make up my mind these days what is going to be.

Also, I had an email sent to info_sales@fostex.jp, maybe others could email them as well and hare their own experience.

return them while you can
you can always buy them better or cheaper
or better yet get the stock T20 or the Mayflower V3 or the Argon
and with the newly released software that I will present here
shortly have a by far better system than the T60 for less money.

Do not try to fix your set yourself you may forego the Phase Regular feature in the process.

People are so hung up on Frequency Response it has gotten to be ridiculous.
Flat frequency response that is not accompanied by flat phase response
is totally useless. And the software I am talking about addresses this
very crucial issue.

In addition you will save enough money to buy the ifi USB 3.0 Nano to clean up that
sewer coming out of your USB DAC and that is one hell of a major improvement
on the final outcome.

Wood is just cosmetics my flagship now is the Mayflower V3 slightly and easily modified but
much much much more better with the software.

The software greatly improves any Headphone and at the same time greatly reveals the differences between their signatures.

I am waiting in a few weeks to receive my Verum 1 to decide what I keep and what goes from all these expensive headphones I have.

I did talk to my distributor in Greece. They still do not stock the T60!
They gave me the same email address above to contact Fostex Japan.

Last edited:
Feb 23, 2019 at 7:44 AM Post #963 of 1,451
return them while you can
you can always buy them better or cheaper
or better yet get the stock T20 or the Mayflower V3 or the Argon
and with the newly released software that I will present here
shortly have a by far better system than the T60 for less money.

Do not try to fix your set yourself you may forego the Phase Regular feature in the process.

People are so hung up on Frequency Response it has gotten to be ridiculous.
Flat frequency response that is not accompanied by flat phase response
is totally useless. And the software I am talking about addresses this
very crucial issue.

In addition you will save enough money to buy the ifi USB 3.0 Nano to clean up that
sewer coming out of your USB DAC and that is one hell of a major improvement
on the final outcome.

Wood is just cosmetics my flagship now is the Mayflower V3 slightly and easily modified but
much much much more better with the software.

The software greatly improves any Headphone and at the same time greatly reveals the differences between their signatures.

I am waiting in a few weeks to receive my Verum 1 to decide what I keep and what goes from all these expensive headphones I have.

I did talk to my distributor in Greece. They still do not stock the T60!
They gave me the same email address above to contact Fostex Japan.
Very interested on the software you say, even I totally have no idea what it is.

I've got my Verum last week. I can understand why people praise its sound but not my cup of tea. I will use one word to describe: compress.
However it has a natural timbre(the most important factor for me) that next to my T20 mod and the Lambda Signature.

Looking forward to see your Verum review kintsaki.

Feb 24, 2019 at 3:05 AM Post #964 of 1,451
I saw these today when looking at T50RP mods, I though "ooo" those look interesting, similar to ZMF ori etc. BUT then I look on head-fi and see a lot of talk about "rattling problems", do they all have this problem or is it a QC problem? Also is there any way to fix it? Sounds like a "deal breaker" to me otherwise.

Feb 24, 2019 at 10:41 AM Post #965 of 1,451
Hi folks,
So, I just wanted to update on my rattling left earcup:
I contacted the US distributor for Fostex and they have issued an RMA. I will be sending them in to see what they can do. This situation is pretty screwed if you ask me... obviously, other people are having similar problems. I absolutely LOVE the sound signature of this set of headphones, but they have obviously screwed up somewhere and aren't owning up to it publically, all while charging people 300 bucks a pair. If they don't fix the issue on these cans, I will be returning and buying from a different company permanently.

These are issues you have with a pair of $10 headphones from Walmart... NOT what's supposed to, and advertised to be a top-tier, audiophile quality pair of headphones.

IF YOU HAVE STUMBLED ACROSS THIS THREAD WHILE RESEARCHING FOR A POTENTIAL PURCHASE OF THE FOSTEX T60RP, DO NOT BUY THEM.

Last edited:
Feb 28, 2019 at 2:51 PM Post #968 of 1,451
I am not willing to wait anymore for the UK dealer to reply back to me, so I contacted amazon.co.uk again. They accepted my return for the T60RP and, funny thing...they will also refund my postage too. This is what I call customer obsession and customer satisfaction. Will get back here when I'll see my money back into my bank account.

BTW, part of me is somehow happy, but another part is kinda sad because I couldn't find a good match in my home for these pair of headphones. Very good looking cans and very comfortable, too bad of its rattling drivers...both of them. :frowning2:

Feb 28, 2019 at 3:01 PM Post #969 of 1,451
I am not willing to wait anymore for the UK dealer to reply back to me, so I contacted amazon.co.uk again. They accepted my return for the T60RP and, funny thing...they will also refund my postage too. This is what I call customer obsession and customer satisfaction. Will get back here when I'll see my money back into my bank account.
BTW, part of me is somehow happy, but another part is kinda sad because I couldn't find a good match in my home for these pair of headphones. Very good looking cans and very comfortable, too bad of its rattling drivers...both of them. :frowning2:

I've just received them back from the UK service dealer, and they couldn't unfortunately fix them, nor replace them because they tested two other pairs and all had the same issue!

I'm now returning them to Amazon as defective. I'm very sad as well as I can't see many other options in the same price range (200-500), I'll probably go with the Final Sonorous 3 or Denon AH-D5200.

Feb 28, 2019 at 10:59 PM Post #970 of 1,451
Same SCV Distribution, right? I spoke with them on the phone...they seem nice guys, trying to help, but I was pretty sure it will happen like in your case (all cans rattling), so...after all I guess I did a good choice to return them myself too.
I will see later what other headphones I'll buy, maybe the same AH-D5200...who knows. :)

Last edited:
Mar 6, 2019 at 6:56 PM Post #972 of 1,451
Hello,

I just created an account to post in this thread regarding the rattling driver issue being discussed.

I recently purchased a pair of T60's and I haven't run into any problems with rattling (or creaking). I ran the bass shaker test at this site and everything was smooth with no rattling. The serial number on the box is A0943.

So.. I just wanted to say that not all new pairs are affected by the rattling issue and I think they sound quite nice.

Mar 7, 2019 at 1:05 AM Post #974 of 1,451
I purchased from digitaldjgear on eBay via this listing.

I'm glad you all are able to return your units that have problems.

I mostly posted in response to the post up above warning potential buyers to stay away from these headphones. I wanted to provide a counter point that I have had a good experience with them so far.

Maybe it is an issue with US vs. European distribution/manufacturing?

Mar 7, 2019 at 4:22 AM Post #975 of 1,451
Hello,

I just created an account to post in this thread regarding the rattling driver issue being discussed.

I recently purchased a pair of T60's and I haven't run into any problems with rattling (or creaking). I ran the bass shaker test at this site and everything was smooth with no rattling. The serial number on the box is A0943.

So.. I just wanted to say that not all new pairs are affected by the rattling issue and I think they sound quite nice.

In order to be sure the drivers are not defective I'd suggest the following procedure:
1) Connect the Fostex to a decent headphone amp.
2) Use a tone generator such as https://www.szynalski.com/tone-generator/ to run a 40hz sine tone continuosly.
3) Increase the amp volume while the tone is playing until it either buzzes (in which case it means it's defective) or it get uncomfortable (in which case it means it's good).

I really hope you find out all is good!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back