Fostex T60RP
Jun 7, 2018 at 12:58 PM Post #346 of 1,468
Anyone know why the T60rp is nowhere to be found in the US? It seems to be on back order everywhere. Perhaps demand or backlog in production, who knows.

They are available on amazon Canada but had an etr of July.

Amazon japan has them in stock, I may bite the bullet and order from there.

I also didn’t realize that Zeos had a comparison of these vs the argons, was an interesting watch even if he is difficult to take serious.

Jun 7, 2018 at 1:17 PM Post #348 of 1,468
So are these substantially improved from the T50rp? Seems like they are given the new design of the ear pads. I didn't care for the T50rp too much. The T60rp looks very nice from a design and build standpoint.

I read a review that this headphone is more appropriate from studio monitoring. So how is it for causal music listening?

Jun 7, 2018 at 8:34 PM Post #351 of 1,468
Without the ifi usb 3.0 you have mid to low fi due to the sewer coming out of usb. It is unbearable with other phones but livable with Fostex. Forget all about price and what other people say either they don't know what they are talking about or they are trying to sell what they are being paid to sell. Listen to me that I now have to get rid of the Hifiman, FOCAL and Mr. Speaker Pieces of s*** that I paid a fortune on their top of line and that I have a 50 year experience a PHD in EE and have spent upwards of a million dollars starting with Stax at the age of 20. Fostex does not pay to advertise that is why it is not on the hall of "shame" of that greedy man that pushed Focal and Hifiman. I mean people stop and think. Hifiman comes up with a new version every month because they are all listenable.. They raise the price then come up with the same stuff at half price. Fostex is detailed but not as "analytical" or "detailed" as they others that amplify noise and artifacts and hide timbre and real music. The Hawaian guy when he used the purifier he could not tell the 800est from the E1000 (Sony IEM's) because the purifier cut all that noise that the 1000 was leting through.which the EST was filtering out. I cried laughing when I heard him saying that. And he was listening through a Walkman not a computer.

Man, here we go again, im going to stop after this but....Sony ex1000 and hifiman he4 both destroy anything the t50/t60 driver could ever hope to be, IMHO. It's a cheap driver, that is capable of greatness but let's not pretend it's the king of all kings here. And don't pretend Fostex doesnt over price their gear, this t60 is overpriced for what it is, and the th900, well, it's overpriced. Hifiman is on a different level of over charging the last few years, I'll agree on that, and would not buy anything new from them personally. Focal is obviously doing similar strategy charging 4k for the utopia, which is insane. But, still, Theres a good chunk of hifiman phones that will best the t50/t60 all day. And it's not them "noising" up the signal to fake resolution. The he4 literally demolishes everything the t50 driver is capable of, on the right setup. That's a $300 hp, cheaper than this t60. Open vs closed so there's an apples for oranges issue here but still. Fostex has also steadily resold the t50rp driver over the last decade increasingly charging more without doing much, they are no different. They have never drastically redisigned the driver past what alot of us have done on our own modding. Not sure why I'm even on this thread responding to hype train comments anymore but I am, going to leave after this one though. We all like what we like and I'll chalk this one up to agreeing to disagree.

Jun 7, 2018 at 9:35 PM Post #352 of 1,468
Didn’t Fostex (or Foster) design and manufacture Apple ear buds? They had to have made a ton off of that deal.

I wonder what the appropriate price would be for the TH900 if not for those hand crafted cups. Not sure if they have special acoustic properties though.

Jun 7, 2018 at 9:59 PM Post #353 of 1,468
I also didn’t realize that Zeos had a comparison of these vs the argons, was an interesting watch even if he is difficult to take serious.

Yeah that's my problem... can't take him or his word seriously at all. I'd love to see more comparisons between the two out of sheer curiosity.

Jun 7, 2018 at 10:49 PM Post #354 of 1,468
Man, here we go again, im going to stop after this but....Sony ex1000 and hifiman he4 both destroy anything the t50/t60 driver could ever hope to be, IMHO. It's a cheap driver, that is capable of greatness but let's not pretend it's the king of all kings here. And don't pretend Fostex doesnt over price their gear, this t60 is overpriced for what it is, and the th900, well, it's overpriced. Hifiman is on a different level of over charging the last few years, I'll agree on that, and would not buy anything new from them personally. Focal is obviously doing similar strategy charging 4k for the utopia, which is insane. But, still, Theres a good chunk of hifiman phones that will best the t50/t60 all day. And it's not them "noising" up the signal to fake resolution. The he4 literally demolishes everything the t50 driver is capable of, on the right setup. That's a $300 hp, cheaper than this t60. Open vs closed so there's an apples for oranges issue here but still. Fostex has also steadily resold the t50rp driver over the last decade increasingly charging more without doing much, they are no different. They have never drastically redisigned the driver past what alot of us have done on our own modding. Not sure why I'm even on this thread responding to hype train comments anymore but I am, going to leave after this one though. We all like what we like and I'll chalk this one up to agreeing to disagree.

To each their own I suppose, I couldn't count the number of things wrong with the stock HE400i's on one hand ...

Jun 7, 2018 at 10:51 PM Post #355 of 1,468
Yeah that's my problem... can't take him or his word seriously at all. I'd love to see more comparisons between the two out of sheer curiosity.

He is very entertaining and great to hype up product, to be completely honest I'm surprised he's not sponsored to some extent.

That being said I dont think I've found anyone that is spot on when it comes to reviews, this hobby is very unique in that sense as you have to try everything to get an accurate sense.

Jun 7, 2018 at 11:12 PM Post #356 of 1,468
He is very entertaining and great to hype up product, to be completely honest I'm surprised he's not sponsored to some extent.

That being said I dont think I've found anyone that is spot on when it comes to reviews, this hobby is very unique in that sense as you have to try everything to get an accurate sense.
This. I've gone from listening to reviews for facts to listening to them for opinions. It only took me hearing how great a certain headphone was the greatest thing on earth from almost everyone, then buying it and finding out I didn't agree with them. I watch/read reviews to get a feel for what the reviewer likes and doesn't like, and then using that templet deciding if I think I would like them or not. Because ultimately it's all about opinions. I own the T60RP and can appreciate it for what it is. Same for the TH900.

Jun 8, 2018 at 4:22 AM Post #357 of 1,468
giphy.gif

Guys, I have not heard anyone mention how squeaky the T60 is???!!!............................. (What)

It is my first experience with Fostex and it has a decent sound but is not anything special, just another hype train trip. :smile_phones:

I have had a good look inside it and don't think that HiFiMan will be shaking in their boots.

Early days but as things stand this squeak-fest will be finding its way back to Amazon.

Have taken some photos and will post them at the weekend (if I can be bothered)

Jun 8, 2018 at 6:50 AM Post #359 of 1,468
To each their own I suppose, I couldn't count the number of things wrong with the stock HE400i's on one hand ...

Yup, it's one thing to have a larger driver with thinner diaphragms, but if the headphone is still tuned poorly then it's not going to sound good.

I own an LCD-4 and have owned a Stax SR-007A, HiFiMan HE-560, and many others and I have listened to even more. The ZMF Blackwood is still one of the better headphones I've heard. Best technically? No, but probably my favorite overall frequency response/sound signature (either that or the SR-007),

Jun 8, 2018 at 7:15 AM Post #360 of 1,468
giphy.gif

Guys, I have not heard anyone mention how squeaky the T60 is???!!!............................. (What)

It is my first experience with Fostex and it has a decent sound but is not anything special, just another hype train trip. :smile_phones:

I have had a good look inside it and don't think that HiFiMan will be shaking in their boots.

Early days but as things stand this squeak-fest will be finding its way back to Amazon.

Have taken some photos and will post them at the weekend (if I can be bothered)
I sent my first one back as the squeak was awful, the second one has no squeak at all

Users who are viewing this thread

Back