Fostex T60RP
Jun 28, 2018 at 3:29 PM Post #377 of 1,468
Hi Guys

Has anyone tried ZMF lambskins and protein leathers on these?

Jun 28, 2018 at 6:28 PM Post #378 of 1,468
perfect description and you can easily & cheaply apply a mild tame on the treble and greatly increase the bass slam or in other words Argonize it.
I may be banned for releasing these secrets. Order the 20$ Mayflower kit for V1 T50 mod and use the enhanced felt ring to replace the thin (left) foam ring with the kits enhanced one (right) see pictures on my previous post. If you are brave open and remove the screen for the three slits for maximum soundstage or cover two for maximum loudness and slam. And tell that monkey that he ever calls me c*** I will have his a** banned.

Sorry I dont follow, how is applying the Mayflower kit releasing a secret?

Do you recommend the full kit or just the baffle?

Jun 28, 2018 at 6:53 PM Post #379 of 1,468
perfect description and you can easily & cheaply apply a mild tame on the treble and greatly increase the bass slam or in other words Argonize it.
I may be banned for releasing these secrets. Order the 20$ Mayflower kit for V1 T50 mod and use the enhanced felt ring to replace the thin (left) foam ring with the kits enhanced one (right) see pictures on my previous post. If you are brave open and remove the screen for the three slits for maximum soundstage or cover two for maximum loudness and slam. And tell that monkey that he ever calls me c*** I will have his a** banned.

So are you telling me that the mayflower is the same as an Argon? From my understanding it is a different beast.

Who called you what, where, when?

Last edited:
Jun 28, 2018 at 10:56 PM Post #381 of 1,468
First impressions ...

Best headphone I have ever heard ... I am completely blown away by the fact that I prefer these to my EMU-Teaks. The thing I have always admired about closed back headphones is that the isolation seems to keep the midrange more detailed ... comparing these to my HD600's is downright embarrassing given the fact that they are more expensive.

Treble seems a tad hot but its not fatiguing.

Bass does not slam like the Teaks but its so damn controlled ... listening to Polaris by Deadmau5 was nothing short of perfection.

Build quality is top notch, much heavier than what I am used to but it feels more solid this way.

Clamping force is a bit tight but I have a huge head :frowning2:

Trade EMU for my TH610?
yes, lambskin is better.

I amconsidering selling my Argons and getting them, how would you rate them?

Jun 28, 2018 at 10:58 PM Post #382 of 1,468
Sorry I dont follow, how is applying the Mayflower kit releasing a secret?

Do you recommend the full kit or just the baffle?

just remove pads and replace the thin ring with the thick. Nothing else needed. If you remove the baffle in order to take the 3 slit screens out be very careful with the wires they are hair thin and break very easily you will have to re solder them risking to damage the membrane. the secret is informing you how to make it sound like an Argon moded T60 which has a completely different signature without spending more than 20 $.

Jun 28, 2018 at 11:41 PM Post #383 of 1,468
So are you telling me that the mayflower is the same as an Argon? From my understanding it is a different beast.

Who called you what, where, when?

No i am telling you all how to Argonize your T60 using the thicker ring on the baffle by buying the 20$ May flower kit and just using its thicker ring to replace the thin T60 ring. Any body can do this without risking damage and he can decide which of the 2 signatures (stock or Argon moded) he likes to keep by only spending 20 dollars.

There was a new member with 6 posts only that called all the moders and in particular me c***s and morons and the admins did not remove him and his post because I cost them money.

You must learn that price in no way is an indication of quality. Senn's are plain old dynamics that used to be popular 15 years ago along with Grados. I run 10 hour marathon sessions but it only takes me 15 minutes to fall asleep with the Senns. The EMU's quite similar to Denons D2k and 5k and TH900 were by far better than the Senns and Grados in fact I sold my STAX OMEGA II rig that was inferior to them. Now the Fostex RP is blowing away the Dennons and the TH-900 (1700$) the same way it does with the top of line Hifiman, Mr. Speaker and Audeze because it is designed and manufactured by a genuine company with 50 years experience for professionals not for audio fools. So trust your ears and don't be ashamed that you like well a very designed and engineered and manufactured product. Companies intentionally overprice their inferior products to attract sales. I own them for a long time and I know what I am talking about. Nothing does justice to music except the RP's. This is my opinion just like any statement in this forum here by anyone is his opinion. there are people that challenged me before and will challenge me again but they are not pro's do not own the products do not have a PHD in EE and Informatics have not mixed or mastered and produced smash hits or were involved in commercial circles and do not have 45 years experience like i do i respect their opinion and I want them to respect mine.

Jun 29, 2018 at 12:02 AM Post #384 of 1,468
No i am telling you all how to Argonize your T60 using the thicker ring on the baffle by buying the 20$ May flower kit and just using its thicker ring to replace the thin T60 ring. Any body can do this without risking damage and he can decide which of the 2 signatures (stock or Argon moded) he likes to keep by only spending 20 dollars.

There was a new member with 6 posts only that called all the moders and in particular me c***s and morons and the admins did not remove him and his post because I cost them money.

You must learn that price in no way is an indication of quality. Senn's are plain old dynamics that used to be popular 15 years ago along with Grados. I run 10 hour marathon sessions but it only takes me 15 minutes to fall asleep with the Senns. The EMU's quite similar to Denons D2k and 5k and TH900 were by far better than the Senns and Grados in fact I sold my STAX OMEGA II rig that was inferior to them. Now the Fostex RP is blowing away the Dennons and the TH-900 (1700$) the same way it does with the top of line Hifiman, Mr. Speaker and Audeze because it is designed and manufactured by a genuine company with 50 years experience for professionals not for audio fools. So trust your ears and don't be ashamed that you like well a very designed and engineered and manufactured product. Companies intentionally overprice their inferior products to attract sales. I own them for a long time and I know what I am talking about. Nothing does justice to music except the RP's. This is my opinion just like any statement in this forum here by anyone is his opinion. there are people that challenged me before and will challenge me again but they are not pro's do not own the products do not have a PHD in EE and Informatics have not mixed or mastered and produced smash hits or were involved in commercial circles and do not have 45 years experience like i do i respect their opinion and I want them to respect mine.

So you had a person get angry and have a go at you for explaining how to mod a T50RP or because you said a cheaper headphone is better?

Have you opened an Argon or Mayflower and are they the same? My T50 modding knowledge is limited. MrSpeakers, ZMF and Modhouse are the companies I know who sell them.

My understanding is that the T60RP has great mids/highs but not as much bass as say an Argon. I'd love to just bring the bass up a bit and retain what it is good at. I noted Z also never pad rolled so obviously the wider pads would add width and bass.
Its amazing how much the pads make a difference on the T50RP.

I was contemplating sending it to get the Argon mods, what do you think of that and what modification config did you find the best?

Last edited:
Jun 29, 2018 at 12:33 AM Post #385 of 1,468
So you had a person get angry and have a go at you for explaining how to mod a T50RP or because you said a cheaper headphone is better?

Have you opened an Argon or Mayflower and are they the same? My T50 modding knowledge is limited. MrSpeakers, ZMF and Modhouse are the companies I know who sell them.

My understanding is that the T60RP has great mids/highs but not as much bass as say an Argon. I'd love to just bring the bass up a bit and retain what it is good at. I noted Z also never pad rolled so obviously the wider pads would add width and bass.

I was contemplating sending it to get the Argon mods, what do you think of that and what modification config did you find the best?

Yes someone said anyone that mods any headphone is an idiot and should just let the hp be, because the manufacturer/engineer knows best. Me and kintsaki had our differences but it's all good, we all have different views. I honestly have never heard my t50 mod the same as driven by my new Sony zx300, and that's off a ton of different setups, so maybe he is onto something afterall. The newbie with 6 posts that called all us moders morons hasn't showed back up, so dismiss the troll.

Jun 29, 2018 at 6:51 AM Post #386 of 1,468
just remove pads and replace the thin ring with the thick. Nothing else needed. If you remove the baffle in order to take the 3 slit screens out be very careful with the wires they are hair thin and break very easily you will have to re solder them risking to damage the membrane. the secret is informing you how to make it sound like an Argon moded T60 which has a completely different signature without spending more than 20 $.

The baffles are $10 then another $15 shipping ... $25USD for something I could probably make :/

Their shipping rates are laughable, I had a dampening kit for my DT770's shipped from the UK for a 1/3rd of the price.

Jun 29, 2018 at 8:00 AM Post #388 of 1,468
The baffles are $10 then another $15 shipping ... $25USD for something I could probably make :/

Their shipping rates are laughable, I had a dampening kit for my DT770's shipped from the UK for a 1/3rd of the price.

yes shipping is a joke, you may try and if you succeed you will send bass to the roof retaining mids and only taming ever so slightly the hot top.
If you succeed let me know i tried very many materials and failed only the ring from the t20 or the mayflower kit worked.
genuine leather ZMF is tops for pads. The phones do justice to music unlike others with old Walkmans and new like zx300 never come close to ifi micro DSD though and with the Crown XTI completely destroy all other orthos regardless of price in every aspect and have a soundstage extending 2 feet all around, thunderous bass liquid highs and focused attention retention mids you will never go to sleep with them these are not Sennhisers.

Jun 29, 2018 at 9:02 AM Post #389 of 1,468

I will not reveal info on the insides Argon, Mayflower. Trust me if you follow my instructions you will have an Argonized T60 with clean thunderous bass as well as terrific mids and highs. it will only cost you 25 and if you don't like it you can reverse it or by cutting some of the extra width fine tune it to your own personal taste. I have the full width but remember that I also have the XTI with its phase linear DSP that does not affect timbre. That was my PHD desertion by the way (how to built equalizer filters to tune frequency response without affecting phase response) Fostex has proprietary technology to retain phase linear response just like Sony in their DACs and Walkman. Frequency response without linear phase will never do justice to music. The Sony DAC without the ifi usb 3.0 Nano is useless just like any other DAC, if you can afford it use the Walkman. Any old Sony Walkman with the s- master and DSEE is as good as the ZX300.(almost) . The smaller one is my favorite easiest to carry, to us has keys that always work and is the sweetest sounding while the ZX300 is the loudest but not as sweet.

20180418_025838_HDR.jpg

Jun 29, 2018 at 10:26 AM Post #390 of 1,468
Yes someone said anyone that mods any headphone is an idiot and should just let the hp be, because the manufacturer/engineer knows best. Me and kintsaki had our differences but it's all good, we all have different views. I honestly have never heard my t50 mod the same as driven by my new Sony zx300, and that's off a ton of different setups, so maybe he is onto something afterall. The newbie with 6 posts that called all us moders morons hasn't showed back up, so dismiss the troll.

I can vouch for Argons being an enjoyable headphone but they are on the dark side of things.

I will not reveal info on the insides Argon, Mayflower. Trust me if you follow my instructions you will have an Argonized T60 with clean thunderous bass as well as terrific mids and highs. it will only cost you 25 and if you don't like it you can reverse it or by cutting some of the extra width fine tune it to your own personal taste. I have the full width but remember that I also have the XTI with its phase linear DSP that does not affect timbre. That was my PHD desertion by the way (how to built equalizer filters to tune frequency response without affecting phase response) Fostex has proprietary technology to retain phase linear response just like Sony in their DACs and Walkman. Frequency response without linear phase will never do justice to music. The Sony DAC without the ifi usb 3.0 Nano is useless just like any other DAC, if you can afford it use the Walkman. Any old Sony Walkman with the s- master and DSEE is as good as the ZX300.(almost) . The smaller one is my favorite easiest to carry, to us has keys that always work and is the sweetest sounding while the ZX300 is the loudest but not as sweet.

Could you link me to to the guide and should I get the mayflower kit with the baffles?

I assume the ZMF lambskins have a part to play, Eikon pads bring the mids forward but reduces the bass a bit, not bad at all. I found Alpha pads were also more neutral.

As it happens the TH-610 is my new fave, even overall a better headphone than the expensive heirloom style cans. It got a mixed overview from Tyll but I like it a lot.
It has these pads though and they are amazing with a dekoni ring. https://imgur.com/a/lATKwlw

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back