Fostex T50RP vs m-50?
Sep 29, 2011 at 6:52 PM Post #16 of 30
It depends. If you go out a lot I would recommend having them separate. A small dedicated amp like the fiio e6 or e11 would be easier to carry than a amp/dac combo. If you plan to use it mostly at home while going out occasionally a combo might suit you better.

Sep 29, 2011 at 7:58 PM Post #20 of 30
It would be correct in that the e7 is both a amp and dac, but the e6 was released after the e7 and as a standalone amp probably better. If you already have your eye on the e6 then I suggest getting it and then save up for a better amp/dac combo

*I dont know if the e6 can drive the t50rp, if you decide to get it. Best to go in the e6 thread in Portable amps and ask

Oct 2, 2011 at 1:33 PM Post #21 of 30
KRK 6400 and an E7 would be my recommendation.  Or possibly a better DAC.  If you do that, though, you might as well just go with the E6, though the warmer E7 amp is still probably a better match with the KRK.  My Emu 0204 + E7 as the amp is a nice neutral match for the KRK.  The T50RP needs a lot of work.  Wearing it for a while and then switch to the KRK is amazing.  Not because the KRK should be selling for 10 times the price, or anything, but because the Fostex is so bad.  The KRK 6400 does beat the HD280, MDR-V6, MDR-7506, HN7506, O one, O2, Ixos 1001, PHX, Fostex, and all the versions of the EX-29.  I also like my modified HD25 and the ER4S, so consider the KRK in good company.

Oct 2, 2011 at 1:39 PM Post #23 of 30
Only if you have someone do it who you are certain knows what they are doing.  But at those prices, you have open headphones that compete with them, some for lower price.  I would say get the KRK and proper dac and amp (near-zero-ohm only!) issues cleared away first.  Then get used to what a balanced, extended, fairly low distortion headphone actually sounds like and go from there.  You need the dac and amp situation covered regardless of what you get later and the KRK is the same price as the Fostex, which in my opinion is garbage stock.  Buy it modified by someone later if the KRK isn't enough, but the KRK is a good reference point to start from and compare anything else to.

Oct 3, 2011 at 9:43 PM Post #26 of 30
I kind of feel like if you're asking this question, you should just go with the M50's.  Modding the T50rp's will take research and time investment that you don't seem to be interested in if you don't already know the answer to all these questions (that you could learn with research or time spent reading this site).  No offense of course there's nothing wrong with that.

Oct 4, 2011 at 9:12 PM Post #28 of 30

Quote:
Yeah, You are probably right .How do the m-80's compare to the m-50's?

The new M80's eat the M50's for lunch. I have a pair of custom Head-Fi M80's. They have the bass, the mids, the smooth treble, oh man they're sounding great. Their only fault is being on-ear. My god I wish the crossfade LP was the M80 instead.

Very best,

Aug 15, 2012 at 7:21 AM Post #30 of 30
I have the Fostex T50RP and the audio-technica ATH-M50. The only mod I made to the Fostex is replace the pads with Shure SRH840 pads. All I can say is that I almost never use my M50 anymore. The Fostex is much better and natural to my ears.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back