Fostex new RP headphones - T50RPmk3, T40RPmk3 and T20RPmk3
Apr 1, 2016 at 3:50 AM Post #766 of 2,017
do any of you, experience crackling sounds on higher volumes?

is it probably because my gear, doesnt produce enough of power?

does any of you get some bad clipping or such, or any mistreated sound, even with good gear?

anyone recommending a tube amp? or is it too much of a hassle?

are there any really good audiophile amplifiers for speakers rca, and headphones that can be bought around 250 euro's(or a bit more)?

It could be the input on the T50's it is a well known weak spot that can ruin the experience. I had mine changed to dual entry almost as son as I got them, it is now much better.

Apr 1, 2016 at 4:31 AM Post #768 of 2,017

It could be the input on the T50's it is a well known weak spot that can ruin the experience. I had mine changed to dual entry almost as son as I got them, it is now much better.

one thing is for sure, the cables included are really bad soundwise

any one has come up with some good cables, to replace the stock ones with yet?

Apr 1, 2016 at 5:34 AM Post #769 of 2,017
  how does it sound on speakers, and with the Fostex you have?

is it possible to use a software equalizer in a good manner to get a little more treble and bass annunciation

the Elise looks nice for 499$ til june

I think that was June 2015 not 16...
frown.gif

Apr 1, 2016 at 5:37 AM Post #770 of 2,017
  how does it sound on speakers, and with the Fostex you have?

is it possible to use a software equalizer in a good manner to get a little more treble and bass annunciation

the Elise looks nice for 499$ til june

It doesn't power speakers as such, but can be used as a pre-amp.

Works wonders with most of my headphones, it's not too warm for a valve amp which I like.

Apr 1, 2016 at 7:18 AM Post #771 of 2,017
  one thing is for sure, the cables included are really bad soundwise

any one has come up with some good cables, to replace the stock ones with yet?

These are often recommended or used with the T50RP http://v-moda.com/audio-only-cable/

Apr 1, 2016 at 7:27 PM Post #775 of 2,017
Anyone getting a bit of harshness in vocals with the T50RP? On quite a few tracks words with S and T sounds get pretty harsh and to sharp for my liking, I've checked that it isnt just the songs Im playing as the harshness is not present when using my X2s. Lowering 10KHz frequencies a few notches in foobar seems to help a bit.

Apr 1, 2016 at 8:59 PM Post #777 of 2,017
Yeah, I need to do something about the pads, dont have anything that fits the T50s currently. Been trying to stick toilet paper and some foam under the pads to improve comfort but then the bass just loses alot of impact. Did you experience any major changes to the sound with the ZMFs?

Apr 1, 2016 at 9:24 PM Post #778 of 2,017
  Yeah, I need to do something about the pads, dont have anything that fits the T50s currently. Been trying to stick toilet paper and some foam under the pads to improve comfort but then the bass just loses alot of impact. Did you experience any major changes to the sound with the ZMFs?

yes, they are ultra comfortable, increase Bass and Soundstage as well.

Apr 1, 2016 at 10:20 PM Post #779 of 2,017
  Anyone getting a bit of harshness in vocals with the T50RP? On quite a few tracks words with S and T sounds get pretty harsh and to sharp for my liking, I've checked that it isnt just the songs Im playing as the harshness is not present when using my X2s. Lowering 10KHz frequencies a few notches in foobar seems to help a bit.

What DAC are you using ?

Apr 1, 2016 at 11:08 PM Post #780 of 2,017

What DAC are you using ?

Currently a uDac-3, I know it isnt that well regarded over here but it sounds fine to my ears. I tried hooking them up to my Xonar soundcard aswell with the same "issues". Dont know if it could be an issue with amplification as I need to crank up the uDac quite a bit for the T50RPs. I have pretty limited experience with headphone amps so Im not sure if bad amplification could be the problem.

yes, they are ultra comfortable, increase Bass and Soundstage as well.

That might actually be right up my alley, Ill probably end up ordering a pair of cowhide or lambskin pads.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back