Fostex new RP headphones - T50RPmk3, T40RPmk3 and T20RPmk3
Mar 31, 2016 at 3:49 AM Post #754 of 2,017

Thanks, I will keep that in mind.

But that only in case, you have back vents closed. If you do modding and you leave them open, jack sealing doesn't have that influence anymore of course. But for sake of 100% balanced air compression, i still recommend sealing the jack, but is not necessary like in case with sealed cups.

Mar 31, 2016 at 12:06 PM Post #758 of 2,017
anyone know where to buy Shure 1540 Pads in europe, for a good price?

any other recommendation for ear pads?

AFAIK, and I looked in multiple forums, IRC channels and IRC communities it appears that they aren't available on any Shure reseller/partner in Europe that sells them. I personally checked all the resellers/partners mentioned on Shure's site in the UK, Germany and Spain and I couldn't find any that had it so I guess the only way would be to import them from the US website or Amazon.

I ended up settling for buying the Brainwavz hybrid pads from amazon.co.uk since they're readily available, come from a reliable source and are much cheaper and easier to obtain. If you want a link straight to the pads click here.

Mar 31, 2016 at 12:15 PM Post #759 of 2,017

AFAIK, and I looked in multiple forums, IRC channels and IRC communities it appears that they aren't available on any Shure reseller/partner in Europe that sells them. I personally checked all the resellers/partners mentioned on Shure's site in the UK, Germany and Spain and I couldn't find any that had it so I guess the only way would be to import them from the US website or Amazon.

I ended up settling for buying the Brainwavz hybrid pads from amazon.co.uk since they're readily available, come from a reliable source and are much cheaper and easier to obtain. If you want a link straight to the pads click here.

How does it sound with Brainwavz Hybrid ? 

Mar 31, 2016 at 12:19 PM Post #760 of 2,017
How does it sound with Brainwavz Hybrid ? 

I don't have the Fostex or the pads yet. The Fostex are scheduled for delivery some time today, though I haven't received a phone call yet, and the hybrid pads are also on their way but they should arrive only next week the earliest. If I get the Fostex today I can tell you how they sound with the Fischer Audio Velour pads, the leather ones and the default ones, but as of yet I can't give an opinion.

Note: The Fischer Audio Velour and Leather pads should be very similar or identical to the Brainwavz ones, as Brainwavz licensed the HM5 design from Fischer Audio.

Mar 31, 2016 at 5:05 PM Post #761 of 2,017
do any of you, experience crackling sounds on higher volumes?

is it probably because my gear, doesnt produce enough of power?

does any of you get some bad clipping or such, or any mistreated sound, even with good gear?

anyone recommending a tube amp? or is it too much of a hassle?

are there any really good audiophile amplifiers for speakers rca, and headphones that can be bought around 250 euro's(or a bit more)?

Mar 31, 2016 at 5:12 PM Post #762 of 2,017

does any of you get some bad clipping or such, or any mistreated sound, even with good gear?

I think that if you didn't have enough power you'd experience low volume, not crackling sounds.

Mar 31, 2016 at 6:09 PM Post #763 of 2,017
have you got any, bass not reproducing well, or the drivers diaphragma not handling a decent amount of volume, that most headphones, normally can reproduce?

as it says about 92 db/mW with 3000 mW

Apr 1, 2016 at 1:14 AM Post #764 of 2,017
Apr 1, 2016 at 3:22 AM Post #765 of 2,017

anyone recommending a tube amp? or is it too much of a hassle?

are there any really good audiophile amplifiers for speakers rca, and headphones that can be bought around 250 euro's(or a bit more)?

Feliks Audio Espressivo, fantastic valve amp at an excellent price.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back