Fostex HP-P1 Portable Amplifier and DAC for iPod/iPhone (Short REVIEW and Impressions Thread)
Apr 25, 2013 at 8:51 AM Post #991 of 1,448
Fostex hp_p1 line out.

I am thinking of using my headphones connected to the line out of the Fostex instead of the headphone out.

Any pluses or minuses to this idea?

Would it bypass the Fostex amp?

If I use Flacplayer app I can turn down the gain as a volume adjuster.(tested it with my cheap tester headphones first).

Apr 25, 2013 at 10:00 PM Post #992 of 1,448
Fostex hp_p1 line out.

I am thinking of using my headphones connected to the line out of the Fostex instead of the headphone out.

Any pluses or minuses to this idea?

Would it bypass the Fostex amp?

If I use Flacplayer app I can turn down the gain as a volume adjuster.(tested it with my cheap tester headphones first).
If you have a way of controlling the volume, why not.

I've read some DX100 & VentureCraft DD folks do the same. In the DD case though, it's fixed (no volume control via iPhone or iPad).

Apr 25, 2013 at 10:17 PM Post #993 of 1,448
I tried it with a few different phones.

I couldn`t tell a lot of difference from the headphone out, I suspect the 10ohms impedance may be in effect via the line out also(would that be possible?).

Using the headphone out of my iphone 4 is surprisingly good, perhaps a result of its 1ohm impedance?

hmm.

*Come on Hifi-m8!

Apr 25, 2013 at 11:30 PM Post #995 of 1,448
Has HP-PV already been released on the market? The last time i read review was anakchan using it (demo unit?) with hpp1 and th600. I too was expecting M8 landed in my country couple months back but they don't show up till now. I think the delay caused by the various front panels they will apply.

Apr 25, 2013 at 11:52 PM Post #996 of 1,448
Quote:
Has HP-PV already been released on the market? The last time i read review was anakchan using it (demo unit?) with hpp1 and th600. I too was expecting M8 landed in my country couple months back but they don't show up till now. I think the delay caused by the various front panels they will apply.

No HP-PV release yet. I'm waiting! I hope there will be a 3.5mm output and the portable ethos is maintained with the HP-PV.

Apr 26, 2013 at 7:23 PM Post #998 of 1,448
I ended up getting the HP-P1. I am loving it.

When I put my headphone cable into the line out it sounds louder than anything else. I like turning up the volume on gain 1 or low on gain 2. Depends on the song. I don't know why the line out is so loud. I thought the line out bypasses the amp, am I wrong?

Also, this might be just me being very paranoid, the serial number for the unit when I look at it on my iPod starts with beta. Should I be worried?

Apr 27, 2013 at 5:15 AM Post #1,003 of 1,448
Quote:
It says Version 1.1.1

Why!

Because then you will know If you have the latest software or not (see below), and wont worry about the beta info showing up.
(Thats why!)
Quote:

You have the latest software version. There were two versions and the earlier ones naturally had the first. And mine say Beta before the set# too.

There you go. Thanks Saraguie.

Apr 27, 2013 at 2:07 PM Post #1,005 of 1,448
Because then you will know If you have the latest software or not (see below), and wont worry about the beta info showing up.
(Thats why!)
There you go. Thanks Saraguie.

Thank you both! I have a thing with using "!" A lot apparently haha.

Any one of you guys have used a UM Merlin with HP-P1? I narrowed down my first CIEM to a Merlin.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back