Forza AudioWorks Impressions Thread
Jan 26, 2022 at 10:47 AM Post #3,871 of 4,779
Just completed the final piece of my Noir Hybrid & Furutech set with a Noir Hybrid interconnect terminating in Furutech 4.4mm each way. Below you can see the complete set, including:

1. A Noir Hybrid with Furutech FT-610mF mini-xlr on the headphone side and CF-7445 (R) on the plug side.
2. A Noir Hybrid female 4.4mm to Furutech CT-763 (R) 6.35mm male adaptor.
3. A Noir Hybrid Furutech CT-763 (R) to Furutech CT-763 (R) interconnect.

The result: endgame.

I've been switching between using this set-up on my ZMF VC and my Kennerton Rognir. I have a parallel set of headphone cables with matching interconnect and adaptor in Plussound's X8 series. I ended up settling on using the Noir Hybrid for the VC, as I feel the VC benefits from the Hybrid's silver whereas the Rognir is basically way less fussy in terms of what it's paired with.

P1100812.jpg
I have been thinking about adding the same 4.4->4.4 IC to my setup. I also have a PlusSound X8 IC currently, haha. Similar tastes. Looks great!

Jan 28, 2022 at 12:16 PM Post #3,875 of 4,779
I just got the Noir Hybrid HPC, custom made for TH900MK2. The build quality is impressive, and so are, right off the box, the result.
I have chosen the cable with the 4.4 plug, as it is on my iDSD pro dac. The immediate feeling that I have, is that the cable is making my TH900 really less "shining", and by that I mean tiring in the high. I'll go on and test more songs to not make any hasty conclusions:)

Jan 28, 2022 at 5:42 PM Post #3,877 of 4,779
Folks, we weren't around for several weeks but now we're back as Head-fi.org's sponsor :)

I think the only discount you will get from FAW is Black Friday % off :wink: and even then, it isnt on all products anymore. but if I am honest, msrp pricing is very good for what you get without a doubt.

Thanks and yes, Black Friday is the only time in a year when we discount, which is mandatory to keep our prices as low as possible.

https://imgur.com/a/v5innMZ

Noir Hybrid Review:

to start things off I'll go on to say I didnt insert the jack properly on the amp so only one side was playing. after inserting it properly I gradually noticed what this cable offers. Immediately the sharp/ear piercing treble of the HD800 is tolerable for the first time yet still retains a moderate amount of detail. if the stock 4.4 cable of SH gives it the amazing soundstage, very crisp detailed yet piercing highs this cable tones it down perfectly! heavily bodied- think of a bacteria being enveloped with an outer protective layer. that's how I would describe it. with that said, the treble isnt piercing anymore in exchange the soundstage is reduced. signature crisp details reduced but not to the extent that it isnt recognizable anymore and I HONESTLY THINK this is what makes it beautiful.

this review is only for HD800S thanks for reading.

Thanks a lot!

That is true because the Noir HPC Mk2 is copper while the Noir Hybrid HPC is silver/copper.

Yes, that's the difference between them.

Just completed the final piece of my Noir Hybrid & Furutech set with a Noir Hybrid interconnect terminating in Furutech 4.4mm each way. Below you can see the complete set, including:

1. A Noir Hybrid with Furutech FT-610mF mini-xlr on the headphone side and CF-7445 (R) on the plug side.
2. A Noir Hybrid female 4.4mm to Furutech CT-763 (R) 6.35mm male adaptor.
3. A Noir Hybrid Furutech CT-763 (R) to Furutech CT-763 (R) interconnect.

The result: endgame.

I've been switching between using this set-up on my ZMF VC and my Kennerton Rognir. I have a parallel set of headphone cables with matching interconnect and adaptor in Plussound's X8 series. I ended up settling on using the Noir Hybrid for the VC, as I feel the VC benefits from the Hybrid's silver whereas the Rognir is basically way less fussy in terms of what it's paired with.

Yes, that setup of yours looks like a transportable endgame to me too :wink:

It's Forza day. :) Left and middle are Noir HPC Mk2 and right is Noir Hybrid HPC. HD800 with Noir Hybrid HPC not in the picture and there is a spare Claire Hybrid HPC for Audeze.

A sight to behold and we trust there are some amps and DACs nearby :wink:

Can we borrow that shot to post on our FB please?

Forza AudioWorks Stay updated on Forza AudioWorks at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://forzaaudioworks.com/en
Jan 28, 2022 at 8:05 PM Post #3,879 of 4,779
@Matez will the new release be ready for announcement soon?
Or are there some delays?
I hope ThanatosVI do not mind for re-posting :wink:
If we are still in business again... Matt, we are still intrested?

Jan 29, 2022 at 5:25 AM Post #3,880 of 4,779
Mine are here too, and they fit the TH900mk2 like the sun wedding the moon :)
It is a bit too early to comment on impact vs the stock cable, especially since the 4.4mm connection offers quite a different sound on my iDSD dac vs the origine fostex cable. But the result is postive, that I am sure, things have not been less good on the 10 songs that I keep on rotating when I test music..
IMG_1279.jpg

Jan 29, 2022 at 5:34 PM Post #3,882 of 4,779
Focal Clear MG + Forza Noir Hybrid HPC. A match made in heaven

b5l7iuJ.jpg
Id9bJQs.jpg
qCT27F4.jpg

Jan 29, 2022 at 9:09 PM Post #3,883 of 4,779
Furutech rhodium plated α 4-pin XLR vs Neutrik 4-pin gold XLR ?
Are there any differences in sound sig or just brand and HQ connector?

Jan 29, 2022 at 9:12 PM Post #3,884 of 4,779
Furutech rhodium plated α 4-pin XLR vs Neutrik 4-pin gold XLR ?
Are there any differences in sound sig or just brand and HQ connector?
That is one of the great audiophile mysteries being argued to this day.

Edit: There doesn't seem to be consensus based on what camp you fall under. If you are into the camp of subjective impression that cables do make a difference in SQ, then many people claim that Rhodium increases clarity, maybe soundstage, and overall seems better. What isn't certain is does the Rhodium really attribute to that, or if it's plating the connectors made of tellurium copper, and it's really the copper pins that affect the SQ more, versus the neutrik pins - i forgot because some are just gold-plated brass. All in all, Furutech Rhodium plated copper pins, seem to garner better/different SQ versus gold plated brass pins (assuming that is the neutrik connector). But its subjective. And even to the fact that if there is an actual difference, it's also system dependent, and some people can hear it, and others, the difference is slight, if at all between the connectors.

I think needless to say, no matter what connector you choose, the Forza cable is going to sound great. Ultimately, I've heard from peers who have a noir hybrid HPC, one with the premium connectors (furutech), the other with the neutrik/viablue, and both are satisfied reporting very significant improvements over their stock OFC, or regular SPC cable.

Last edited:
Jan 30, 2022 at 2:56 AM Post #3,885 of 4,779
Hi I recently purchased the Meze PCUHD copper cable for my Empy. It looks and sounds fantastic - the upgrade in overall music fidelity is quite remarkable. This experience has me looking at an upgraded cable for my Susvara. I don't want silver as I prefer the warmth and musicality that high quality copper delivers.

My chain is plenty resolving as it is, striking a healthy balance between resolution and musicality (Audio GD R7HE DAC and Kinki EX-M1+ amp using the HiFiMan HE XLR adapter), so I believe the headphone cable is now the weak link - as the upgrade of my Empy cable has clearly proven.

Would the FAW Noir HPC MK2 be a good purchase with potential to show significant gains over the stock Susvara cable? -- as was my experience with the upgraded Empy cable. Edit: Also how is the weight and flexibility of this Noir HPC MK2? I really enjoy the light weight and flexibility of the Meze upgraded cable.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back