Forza AudioWorks Impressions Thread
Jan 20, 2022 at 8:55 AM Post #3,856 of 4,755
Received my Noir HPC Mk2 for my Sundara a few weeks after i got a Noir Hybrid HPC.
I will say (IMO) that the Noir HPC plays on the "weeknesses" of the Sundara (make it a bit less bright - warmer - and basses thicker).
By contrast the Noir Hybrid plays on the "strenghs" of the Sundara (reveal details up there without making things brighter and make the bass tighter).
The Noir HPC is less fatiguing but i miss the add air and upper details of the Noir Hybrid. If basses are more important for you the Noir HPC wins, but i prefer the Noir Hybrid.

Jan 21, 2022 at 9:36 AM Post #3,858 of 4,755
Does anyone know what the waiting times are for a Noir Hybrid HPC currently (or on average), I tried to write to Forza Audioworks both from the form on the site and via the Facebook page but I have not received a reply.

Has anyone tried the Noir Hybrid HPC with the Hifiman Ananda?

Jan 22, 2022 at 12:21 PM Post #3,859 of 4,755
Does anyone know what the waiting times are for a Noir Hybrid HPC currently (or on average), I tried to write to Forza Audioworks both from the form on the site and via the Facebook page but I have not received a reply.

Has anyone tried the Noir Hybrid HPC with the Hifiman Ananda?
…also still awaiting a reply to a website inquiry regarding a non-standard length and connector…

Jan 22, 2022 at 12:55 PM Post #3,860 of 4,755
…also still awaiting a reply to a website inquiry regarding a non-standard length and connector…

Same here...this isn't typical of my past experiences with Forza....I wonder what's going on

Jan 22, 2022 at 4:44 PM Post #3,862 of 4,755
Forza is good, I have ordered a special cable for the Fostex TH900 (Noir HPC with TH900 connectors), and Matt is communicating via email to explain why it's taking so long. With the situation raging around the globe with shipping, shortage etc etc, it's frustrating but no surprise that I have to wait.
Needed to say I'm really looking forward to experience what this cable will do to the TH900:)

Jan 24, 2022 at 11:19 AM Post #3,863 of 4,755
I'm however comparing the Noir Hybrid with this generic silver cable that came with the He6se. Verdict after Christmas. :wink:

IMG_3617.jpg
Were you able to compare the Noir Hybrid with the Generic Silver cable? Sorry, just wondering, as i'm also trying to decide the whole hybrid vs silver decision in getting cables. Thanks!

Jan 24, 2022 at 12:33 PM Post #3,864 of 4,755
Were you able to compare the Noir Hybrid with the Generic Silver cable? Sorry, just wondering, as i'm also trying to decide the whole hybrid vs silver decision in getting cables. Thanks!

The silver cable is brighter and tighter in tone while the Noir Hybrid has better texture and still reveal details exceedingly well. I stop using the the silver cable because it is very stiff and coils awkwardly.

I also got 2 Noir HPC Mk2 which is a copper cable and to my surprise, they sounded great. Not the overly warm sound but just smooth and clear. So I've been using that with LCD4 and He1000se with very pleasing results.

Jan 24, 2022 at 7:45 PM Post #3,865 of 4,755
It's Forza day. :) Left and middle are Noir HPC Mk2 and right is Noir Hybrid HPC. HD800 with Noir Hybrid HPC not in the picture and there is a spare Claire Hybrid HPC for Audeze.

IMG_3885.jpg

Jan 24, 2022 at 8:25 PM Post #3,866 of 4,755
Did you make it to the Wall of Fame at Forza? :ksc75smile:

And if so, is there a special discount for you now? ^^

Like my Noir Hybrid too. :wink:
It fits my Era-1, D9200 and SEM5, so one to rule them all.

Last edited:
Jan 24, 2022 at 10:57 PM Post #3,868 of 4,755
It's Forza day. :) Left and middle are Noir HPC Mk2 and right is Noir Hybrid HPC. HD800 with Noir Hybrid HPC not in the picture and there is a spare Claire Hybrid HPC for Audeze.

IMG_3885.jpg
That’s fiveza….

Jan 25, 2022 at 2:54 PM Post #3,870 of 4,755
Just completed the final piece of my Noir Hybrid & Furutech set with a Noir Hybrid interconnect terminating in Furutech 4.4mm each way. Below you can see the complete set, including:

1. A Noir Hybrid with Furutech FT-610mF mini-xlr on the headphone side and CF-7445 (R) on the plug side.
2. A Noir Hybrid female 4.4mm to Furutech CT-763 (R) 6.35mm male adaptor.
3. A Noir Hybrid Furutech CT-763 (R) to Furutech CT-763 (R) interconnect.

The result: endgame.

I've been switching between using this set-up on my ZMF VC and my Kennerton Rognir. I have a parallel set of headphone cables with matching interconnect and adaptor in Plussound's X8 series. I ended up settling on using the Noir Hybrid for the VC, as I feel the VC benefits from the Hybrid's silver whereas the Rognir is basically way less fussy in terms of what it's paired with.

P1100812.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back