Forza AudioWorks Impressions Thread
Jan 30, 2022 at 4:43 AM Post #3,886 of 4,764
Hi I recently purchased the Meze PCUHD copper cable for my Empy. It looks and sounds fantastic - the upgrade in overall music fidelity is quite remarkable. This experience has me looking at an upgraded cable for my Susvara. I don't want silver as I prefer the warmth and musicality that high quality copper delivers.

My chain is plenty resolving as it is, striking a healthy balance between resolution and musicality (Audio GD R7HE DAC and Kinki EX-M1+ amp using the HiFiMan HE XLR adapter), so I believe the headphone cable is now the weak link - as the upgrade of my Empy cable has clearly proven.

Would the FAW Noir HPC MK2 be a good purchase with potential to show significant gains over the stock Susvara cable? -- as was my experience with the upgraded Empy cable. Edit: Also how is the weight and flexibility of this Noir HPC MK2? I really enjoy the light weight and flexibility of the Meze upgraded cable.
The cable in itself is very light. The weight that comes is mostly from that splitter

Jan 30, 2022 at 8:46 AM Post #3,887 of 4,764
Is it possible to order the Noir HPC MK2 in a different colour sleeving, specifically red (this would be my first choice) or something similar to that copper look that the Meze is finished with?

Jan 30, 2022 at 12:31 PM Post #3,888 of 4,764
Sadly no.
But you can take the Clair Hybrid instead. :wink:

Well, the braiding on the Clair isn't as convenient as the Noir one, but it's quite good.

Jan 31, 2022 at 5:30 PM Post #3,889 of 4,764
If we are still in business again... Matt, we are still intrested?

The GOOD stuff is coming and it's nearly here. Really. I honestly can't wait when I can finally reveal what we did. It's been two years in the works so I'm really looking forward to landing some teasers.

Focal Clear MG + Forza Noir Hybrid HPC. A match made in heaven

b5l7iuJ.jpg
Id9bJQs.jpg
qCT27F4.jpg

Glorious! Can I borrow for my FB please?

Would the FAW Noir HPC MK2 be a good purchase with potential to show significant gains over the stock Susvara cable?

It would, I have Susvara nearby and I don't see myself going back to its stock cable. So much potential in these cans.

Is it possible to order the Noir HPC MK2 in a different colour sleeving, specifically red (this would be my first choice) or something similar to that copper look that the Meze is finished with?

Sadly no, black is the only option available :)

Forza AudioWorks Stay updated on Forza AudioWorks at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://forzaaudioworks.com/en
Jan 31, 2022 at 5:44 PM Post #3,890 of 4,764
@Matez

Of course man. Id be honored if you post my pics on fb.

Jan 31, 2022 at 5:55 PM Post #3,891 of 4,764
The GOOD stuff is coming and it's nearly here. Really. I honestly can't wait when I can finally reveal what we did. It's been two years in the works so I'm really looking forward to landing some teasers.
We are looking forward to it!

Feb 1, 2022 at 4:10 PM Post #3,892 of 4,764
How long time does it take before a cable is shipped? I ordered and can't wait to try the copper on my hd800s :)

Feb 1, 2022 at 6:17 PM Post #3,893 of 4,764
How long time does it take before a cable is shipped? I ordered and can't wait to try the copper on my hd800s :)

Although the shipping time depends on amount of wok in the pipeline, usually it takes up to three working days or so.

We are looking forward to it!

I'm glad to hear it and can't wait to finally reveal my latest development!

Of course man. Id be honored if you post my pics on fb.

Thank you!

Forza AudioWorks Stay updated on Forza AudioWorks at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

Feb 6, 2022 at 3:25 AM Post #3,894 of 4,764
Received my Noir HPC MK2 today, thanks so much Matt! It looks and feels great! Shipping to Australia was super fast. In terms of looks/build quality, it's everything i was hoping for. I really like the substantial nature of the cable and how hefty it looks, yet it doesn't weigh too much at the same time. I'm a very visual person and i feel the look/heft of the cable will add to the whole listening experience.
Unfortunately i don't have anything to connect it to on either end quite yet.. I am still waiting for the rest of my first setup to arrive (LCD3 + Soloist 3X + Bifrost 2). Very curious and excited to see how it all jives together, given I'm upgrading from Fidelio X2 with onboard sound.

Feb 6, 2022 at 4:52 AM Post #3,895 of 4,764
Hello,
I am new here.

At present I use a DENON AH-D7200 and an Audio Technica ATH-R70x with a McIntosh MHA-200 amp.
For both headphones I exchanged the stock cables with ForzaAudioWorks cables, shorter ones.

For the DENON it is the 1.25 m Hybrid Series HPC which works very well - to my ears it sounds a bit brighter, offers a bit more "sparkle".
For the ATH-R70x I chose the 1.5 m Claire HPC Mk2. This one I could not listen to yet, as it initially did not work correctly (sound only on one side).
I sent it back to get it fixed, and I will write on its sound quality with the ATH as soon as I get it back....

The source I am feeding into the McIntosh amp is an older Esoteric CD/SACD-player, the X-05 (slightly modded with OPA627 opamps in the analog output stage instead of the stock 5534).
A Mutec MC3+USB is sending a clean clock signal to the X-05.
Greetings from Germany,
Alexander

Last edited:
Feb 7, 2022 at 6:00 PM Post #3,896 of 4,764
Received my Noir HPC MK2 today, thanks so much Matt! It looks and feels great! Shipping to Australia was super fast. In terms of looks/build quality, it's everything i was hoping for. I really like the substantial nature of the cable and how hefty it looks, yet it doesn't weigh too much at the same time. I'm a very visual person and i feel the look/heft of the cable will add to the whole listening experience.
Unfortunately i don't have anything to connect it to on either end quite yet.. I am still waiting for the rest of my first setup to arrive (LCD3 + Soloist 3X + Bifrost 2). Very curious and excited to see how it all jives together, given I'm upgrading from Fidelio X2 with onboard sound.

Hi there and thanks for your feedback even though your setup isn't yet ready. Please feel free to update us about the experience once you have everything!

Hello,
I am new here.

At present I use a DENON AH-D7200 and an Audio Technica ATH-R70x with a McIntosh MHA-200 amp.
For both headphones I exchanged the stock cables with ForzaAudioWorks cables, shorter ones.

For the DENON it is the 1.25 m Hybrid Series HPC which works very well - to my ears it sounds a bit brighter, offers a bit more "sparkle".
For the ATH-R70x I chose the 1.5 m Claire HPC Mk2. This one I could not listen to yet, as it initially did not work correctly (sound only on one side).
I sent it back to get it fixed, and I will write on its sound quality with the ATH as soon as I get it back....

The source I am feeding into the McIntosh amp is an older Esoteric CD/SACD-player, the X-05 (slightly modded with OPA627 opamps in the analog output stage instead of the stock 5534).
A Mutec MC3+USB is sending a clean clock signal to the X-05.
Greetings from Germany,
Alexander

Those Danons are lovely cans for what they are and they're quite popular here on HF. Older Esoteric devices are known for their sound quality and most aged really well. I don't know that Mac amp, bu if it sounds at least half as good as it looks like, you have a winner there :wink:

Feb 8, 2022 at 9:06 AM Post #3,897 of 4,764
Ordered a Noir Hybrid for my Susvaras, looking forward to hearing them. I wondered if anyone had a comparison of the Noir Hybrid (or the Claire Hybrid) vs. the ZMF Verite Silver?

Also, what's the difference between the Meze 99 terminations and the Hifiman terminations? The Hifiman is $20 more, but aren't they both mono 3.5mm jacks?

Feb 8, 2022 at 11:13 AM Post #3,898 of 4,764
What cable would me most pleasing with the hd800s? I ordered 31 january. Still not shipped :)

Feb 10, 2022 at 2:16 PM Post #3,900 of 4,764
Noir Hybrid, for sure.

That would be my pick for these cans as well :)

Also, what's the difference between the Meze 99 terminations and the Hifiman terminations? The Hifiman is $20 more, but aren't they both mono 3.5mm jacks?

Plugs for HifiMan are more expensive and more difficult to work with, hence the price difference.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back