Forza AudioWorks Impressions Thread
Feb 10, 2022 at 4:04 PM Post #3,901 of 4,769
Just got the noir hpc mk2 copper cable for my hd800s. But it's just as bright as the original cable. Shouldn't it tame the hights just a tiny bit?

Guess it needs burn in. Does it need to play on normal volume? Or could I let I run for very low volume? 100hrs?

Last edited:
Feb 11, 2022 at 4:48 PM Post #3,903 of 4,769
Just got the noir hpc mk2 copper cable for my hd800s. But it's just as bright as the original cable. Shouldn't it tame the hights just a tiny bit?

Guess it needs burn in. Does it need to play on normal volume? Or could I let I run for very low volume? 100hrs?
Tad higher volume than your usual listening level,150h+ and you will get what you are looking for. Personally im lazy and I leave it 24h for 7 days. Does magic.
Need some help please !
Do the dual 3.5mm termination for the Sundara works for the dual 3.5mm for the Denon D5200 ?
Yep, it is pretty much the same cable.

Forza AudioWorks Stay updated on Forza AudioWorks at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://forzaaudioworks.com/en
Feb 11, 2022 at 5:18 PM Post #3,904 of 4,769
Hi Matez,

Sent an email and Facebook message but seems you are active here so perhaps a better place to ask.

I wish to buy the noir hybrid cable specifically for my T1 with 4pin XLR end into my Amp. I understand the T1 cable will also suit my Focal Elex or you can make it that way. Is this correct ?

What I was also wondering is could you make a 3.5mm female to 2.5mm male adaptor on the headphone end as well? This is so I can use it for my Nighthawks / Nightowl headphones also.

Feb 11, 2022 at 5:31 PM Post #3,905 of 4,769
Hi Matez,

Sent an email and Facebook message but seems you are active here so perhaps a better place to ask.

I wish to buy the noir hybrid cable specifically for my T1 with 4pin XLR end into my Amp. I understand the T1 cable will also suit my Focal Elex or you can make it that way. Is this correct ?

What I was also wondering is could you make a 3.5mm female to 2.5mm male adaptor on the headphone end as well? This is so I can use it for my Nighthawks / Nightowl headphones also.

Emails can be a bit delayed last next few days - it is is a bit of a short holiday time for part of the team these days. Yes, T1 cable will fit Elex, but Elex cable won't fit T1, simply because the Elex cable uses fatter connectors to perfectly ill the wide socket opening at Focal earcups (just to be as neat fit as possible).

About a pair of such pigtail connector, yes it is possible. I will give you all the info needed and pricing as soon as i will be answering emails tomorrow.

Forza AudioWorks Stay updated on Forza AudioWorks at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://forzaaudioworks.com/en
Feb 11, 2022 at 5:49 PM Post #3,906 of 4,769
Emails can be a bit delayed last next few days - it is is a bit of a short holiday time for part of the team these days. Yes, T1 cable will fit Elex, but Elex cable won't fit T1, simply because the Elex cable uses fatter connectors to perfectly ill the wide socket opening at Focal earcups (just to be as neat fit as possible).

About a pair of such pigtail connector, yes it is possible. I will give you all the info needed and pricing as soon as i will be answering emails tomorrow.
That’s great. Thank you. What’s your estimated time it will take to get the above cable to me ? My T1 yearns for a decent balanced cable :)

Feb 11, 2022 at 6:21 PM Post #3,907 of 4,769
my headphones have pretty much not left my head since i got my noir in early jan :)

Attachments

• faw_noir.jpeg
    faw_noir.jpeg
    382 KB · Views: 0
Feb 12, 2022 at 3:51 AM Post #3,908 of 4,769
Tad higher volume than your usual listening level,150h+ and you will get what you are looking for. Personally im lazy and I leave it 24h for 7 days. Does magic.

Dumb question but, do I have to keep my headphones plugged in?

Feb 12, 2022 at 2:24 PM Post #3,909 of 4,769
Yes, certainly. If not the electric circuit is not complete/closed, and then no current flows. So the headphones need to be plugged in.

Feb 12, 2022 at 7:44 PM Post #3,912 of 4,769
Does anyone have any experience using these with Audeze LCD planars? Wondering about the difference between the hybrid and straight copper. I went for the HPC noir for my lcd-3 but wondering if the hybrid may have been a better choice.
What are you listening from? Makes a difference if it’s bright sounding or warm.

Feb 12, 2022 at 8:56 PM Post #3,914 of 4,769
Schiit Bifrost 2 through Burson Soloist 3x

Both are said to be neutral with the slightest tinge towards warm.
OK. Therefore, noir if you wish to keep it warm but high grade or Noir Hybrid HPC if you want to sharpen things up a bit. Both cables are great for Bass but the Hybrid controls it more so and is a dry but rounded bass. Noir is a very slightly beefier sounding cable. If by chance you are using LCD-2's the Hybrid is ideal. If LCD-5's the normal Noir is good.

Last edited:
Feb 15, 2022 at 1:06 AM Post #3,915 of 4,769
Delete

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back