Forza AudioWorks Impressions Thread
Aug 31, 2017 at 11:13 AM Post #1,684 of 4,782
got my forza cable today. the cables are built quite well. No complaints. I ordered the Claire Hybrid HPC for the ZMF and the Noir HPC MK2 for the EMU. For those who are looking for a custom cable for the EMU I would definitely recommend Forza.

Matt always replied to my email and answered any questions and concerns in a very professional manner. For potential customers please have some patience if you are ordering. Since these are built to order it took about 2.5 weeks for me to get them. But the wait is worth it.

How do the jacks on your new Noir HPC MK2 fit the E-Mu Teaks?

I heard from other comments that some after-market cables didn't fit these headphones (which I own, and plan on getting new cables for)--so am curious.

BTW, I have Noir HPC MK2 balanced cables + pigtail for my ZMF Ori. Very nice-sounding, substantial cables.

Aug 31, 2017 at 6:35 PM Post #1,685 of 4,782
How do the jacks on your new Noir HPC MK2 fit the E-Mu Teaks?

I heard from other comments that some after-market cables didn't fit these headphones (which I own, and plan on getting new cables for)--so am curious.

The connectors click in to place and are flush. It's early days. Listened to couple of hours no issues. Better comfort than the stock stable + nice sounding.

I too had concerns. Matt assured me that they would work and they do.

Aug 31, 2017 at 7:17 PM Post #1,686 of 4,782
The connectors click in to place and are flush. It's early days. Listened to couple of hours no issues. Better comfort than the stock stable + nice sounding.

I too had concerns. Matt assured me that they would work and they do.

Very interesting to hear this. I'll mention it to Matt when I contact him about a cable.

I have a lot more experimentation to do w/ear pads before I commit to an aftermarket cable. Still not 100% sure I'll be keeping the Teaks.

Sep 6, 2017 at 3:58 PM Post #1,687 of 4,782
Here are my Forzadynamic Custom 1770 Pro. Matt not only was kind enough to make this lovely looking cable for me, he also installed DT 1770 Pro drivers in my COP and rewired them. In return I ordered a custom shield for my COP with Forza logo to serve as free advertisment wherever I go.

Whoa, that's a very nice mod you did there! Good work!

iFi audio Stay updated on iFi audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/people/IFi-audio/61558986775162/ https://twitter.com/ifiaudio https://www.instagram.com/ifiaudio/ https://ifi-audio.com/ https://www.youtube.com/@iFiaudiochannel comms@ifi-audio.com
Sep 18, 2017 at 9:25 PM Post #1,690 of 4,782
Took package for my Forza Audioworks Noir Mk2 for my HD 650 last week & been burning them in for some time. Now i have another hd 650 cable called Lavricables Ultimate ehich i will be comparing them.

The forza audioworks Noir MK2 definity does need some cable burn in time. The First 10hr i felt the cable sounded a bit disjointed and lacking clarity compared to my Lavricables however as time went on the clarity and soundstage have nearly matched them that it is quite difficult to say which has more clarity. The Noir Mk2 has a warm balanced sound, while the Lavricables have much more reference sound. Now moving onto the bass the Noir MK2 has much more texture to it while the Lavricables feels more articulate but with slightly less body to it. The Noir MK2 Also bass sounds a bit much fun.

Now the midrange of the Noir Mk2 is much more forward with some depth added to it. Compared to the lavricables the midrange felt more neutral to it both cables midrange are not lean sounding nor do i feel they are overly thick sounding. Moving on to the treble the Noir MK2 is darker sounding, while the Lavricables treble is extended but still smooth sounding there is no hint of ear piercing silver treble.

Surprisingly i found out the cable also fits perfectly right into my fostex th 610 which had a slightly more difference than my hd 650 the lavricable connecter is slightly larger that it doesn't fit in securely which makes the noir mk2 a added bonus. Both cables are keepers to me.

Last edited:
Sep 27, 2017 at 11:50 AM Post #1,691 of 4,782
Hi there folks.
This is my first post here so be gentle. I've been meaning to join this site for a good while now but somehow never got around to it (I've been cooking a lot lately).

Anyways I ordered a new cable for my Hifiman HE-400 as the old vacuum cleaner one had disintegrated before my eyes. I don't understand why any headphone company would use such a cable but then again what do I know? Maybe some audiophiles have a developed a fondness for skipping. It is certainly a great substitute for a jumprope.

The new cable I got from Matt is brilliant. I went with the cheap option as I don't belive cables have any sort of noticeable impact on sound quality...as long as they work. My friend has spent thousands of bucks on silver cables and other such tomfoolery and I can honestly say, after having a/b tested for a couple of hours, that I couldn't detect any difference between his silver darling and a stock cable.
To me buying such a cable is comparable to the fireman spending all of his money on spices for the water. The fire is better subdued with cumin scented liquids y'know:p
I love the feel of it and opposed to the old stock cable it is pliable and drapes naturally on the floor (I ordered the long boa ie 3 meter big boy as I love to lie in bed whilst spinning my records) plus the blue nylon coating is really nice to the touch

With my sentiments on cables being what they are I'd still buy any of the more expensive cables Matt has to offer based purely on looks, because man do they look sweet.
Hell I would recommend Matt's cables to just about anyone looking for a replacement or just better quality. The service is top notch too.

Cheers David

Sep 27, 2017 at 2:26 PM Post #1,692 of 4,782
I have 2 Forza cables at 1.5 metres. I will contact Matt to make an extension for 3 metres so I can use in the lounge with my Primaluna Dialogue Premium HP.

Oct 2, 2017 at 5:49 AM Post #1,693 of 4,782
Anybody knows what happen with matt? I was writting to him for the past 2 weeks with no response at all... it´s really strange due matt usually is so focus on work and mails... Anybody knows anything about him?

Oct 4, 2017 at 12:32 PM Post #1,695 of 4,782
Good Day Ladies & Gents!

Really am looking to try out of Forza cable (possibly others... :wink: on my pair of the newer versions of the Hifiman HE-400i. The slightly newer versions being the 2.5mm connectors each side. I am looking for a 2-meter cable with a Neutrik 4 pin XLR Balanced termination as after using these cans on my Schiit Jotunheim in a SE configuration, I can just tell there is plenty more to give so getting a balanced cable seems the way to go. No point spending £400 on headphones and £400 on the cable (not quite anyhow) so am looking for good quality for the money spent?

HE-400i - Which cable do you feel makes these headphones shine? 2-meter cable with a Neutrik 4 pin XLR Balanced
Sennheiser HD6XX & HD580 - The regular 2 pin connectors as ever! THe HD580 Precision is my first ever half decent pair for my 16th birthday! Looking for a 2 Meter cable with 4pin balanced termination.
AKG 7XX - Reasonably cheap upgrade from this mini xlr connector.

THANK YOU!!

:)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back