Forza AudioWorks Impressions Thread
Feb 13, 2017 at 2:07 PM Post #1,441 of 4,760
I did indeed. I purchased the Noir HPC Mk2, mostly because I wanted a black cable to match the Utopias, and didn't want to do them a disservice even If I don't neccesarily believe in cables affecting sound that much. It took about 3 weeks to be made and 3 weeks for shipping to me here in Canada (but this was during the holidays.) I can't really comment on any sonic differences (again because I don't really believe it, and because I went from single ended to balanced out on my amp, so if there were differences I wouldn't know if it was my amp or the cable).

Build quality wise it's beutiful and well worth it. Solid connectors, light weight and braided with a hefty splitter and Matt's nice logo work. It was also just the right length I needed, as opposed to the long ass one Focal gives you.

All in all, I'd say his cables are worth the price given his hospitality and care he puts into them. In the future, I'd probably go for a cheaper FAW cable though.

Awesome! Congrats on receiving such a nice cable 
beerchug.gif
 I'm also thinking of getting a cable since I also want to go balanced. How much extra did you pay for the utopia connectors? There seems to be a price differences on the same connectors between the Noir and Copper series    Matt just answered that question through email, it is because the Noir is more complicated and hence more time consuming to mount the connectors than the copper series! Hence the price difference.

Feb 15, 2017 at 5:01 AM Post #1,442 of 4,760
hi guys, i recently got a rhapsodio pandora occ copper for my 64 audio V6S and i am missing the fast bass the extension and some details compared to the stock cable, would you recommend the hybrid from forza ?

i am already in touch with matt but he seems real busy already ordered an interconnect and might ask for th hybrid trial unit.

Feb 15, 2017 at 11:58 AM Post #1,443 of 4,760
I've ordered the Noir Hybrid HPC and a silver LOD and am still awaiting shipment. I ordered on January 29th, US PST. Custom cables take awhile, but Matt's pretty good in comparison to other companies in general regarding wait times. The consensus, after reading this whole thread, is there strikes a great balance (in regards to the F.A.W. cables) between the copper and silver benefits in one cable. Warmth, musicality etc. of copper alongside the PRAT, tight bass, etc. of silver. I venture to say, on balance, the F.A.W. cables are among the top tier in performance with this. I'll leave the rest to those whom actually have more experience with this cable. Of course, the performance potential also depends on ones' headphones and connected equipment. Your weakest link is your best sound.

Again, I'm using my cable with the Akg K812's for mixing / mastering first and foremost, then 'audiophile' listening second. Reference listening was my goal (as much as possible), and I wanted the cable not to detract from, but merely expand on the K812's potential. Matt concurred the Noir Hybrid HPC was the best for this. Also, whether snake oil or not, I ordered the Furutech CF 763 (R-rhodium) vs. the (G-gold). Apparently, the connector metal-type makes a bit of a difference, too. Aren't cables snake oil to some, as well? (lol-good grief, help us all, it never ends).

I'll post when I've received mine. Good luck and hope this helps.

Best Regards-
Tim

Feb 16, 2017 at 6:46 AM Post #1,444 of 4,760
  Anyone know what the lead times is for an iem cable from order to delivery? Thinking of getting a copper series iem mk2 

I don't know. I'm at a little over a month since placing an order, the cable's apparently shipping today. I did want weird connectors on both ends, though, so can't expect lightning quick service. Forza's generally one of the quicker options for nice custom cables, though. I suspect that the pressure of orders is higher now- which is both good and bad.

It also depends on where you are- if you're American, there's customs clearance to take into account too.

Feb 17, 2017 at 1:28 PM Post #1,445 of 4,760
I don't mind waiting for my own order but the estimated delivery time on their website is false advertising. In my case it said "in stock" and 6 working days.

EDIT:
I take that back, but it's misleading afterall, explanation 2 posts below

Feb 17, 2017 at 1:44 PM Post #1,446 of 4,760
I don't mind waiting for my own order but the estimated delivery time on their website is false advertising. In my case it said "in stock" and 6 working days.

Check my post above regarding my order. (I do know what you're saying regarding what's in stock. It's a little confusing.) But as others have said, though, it's WORTH the wait! If you've already ordered from him, hang in there!

Feb 17, 2017 at 6:12 PM Post #1,447 of 4,760

I'd bet it's just the web software they use.

http://forzaaudioworks.com/en/cms.php?id_cms=1 says items take up to 14 days to be made. Then 3-10 days for the shipping depending on your carrier, not including customs.

Feb 17, 2017 at 7:22 PM Post #1,448 of 4,760
Check my post above regarding my order. (I do know what you're saying regarding what's in stock. It's a little confusing.) But as others have said, though, it's WORTH the wait! If you've already ordered from him, hang in there!

While configuring a cable on their site it says "in stock". I guess  the part you are looking at is meant, not the timeframe for assembling the whole product. The estimated times for the different postal services kind of implicated that would be the delivery time since I always read "in stock" on every page before. My fault at that part, allthough i still claim it to be misleading cause it is misunderstood easily.

A lot of manufacturers claim to make great cables and I don't doubt that in the least. But to be honest I don't care about marketing texts. I chose between manufacturers in regard to a fast delivery. I guess I wasn't informed well enough or should have set a date myself if I'm that eager.

Feb 18, 2017 at 6:41 AM Post #1,450 of 4,760
Hi,

does anyone knews when the new FAW IEMatch cables will be ready to buy?

I have seen October last year a short information on FAW facebook page, but since then now news yet :frowning2:

Feb 22, 2017 at 5:24 AM Post #1,451 of 4,760
I´m new in this Forum and just like to share my happiness after the just received second shipment from Matt!

The overall feel and look of their products is just fantastic. They match really perfectly to high end headphones
if you compare them just from their sweet look to the standard cable. Sure headphone companies know about
the existance of aftermarket cables and they know that music lovers like to change until they have the feeling
they are happy with the look and sound. I just wonder why they invest so little on that area to let the product
look better (I don´t want to talk about cable sound - I believe in it - so many don´t).
I think JH Audio made it right they use Moon Audio to create good cables to their perfect IEM´s. Why no other? 
But if all would do a great job on this segment we would not need great guys like Matt - who loves musik himself,
understand the needs and create beautiful products for us. Thanks so much for this!

I just received today the Noir HPC Mk2 for the Focal Elear - so much looking forward to test it later today. :)

As I have today my HD800 here in the office I can show as well the previous ordered Noir Hybrid HPC.

The feeling is a little nicer as this one is thicker, but I think to carry it with the DAP the Noir HPC is the better
choice. Will test and see it later tonight.
Can not send pictures yet, but will do this later.

Feb 22, 2017 at 5:03 PM Post #1,452 of 4,760
Well i just started with an Interconnect, looks, feels and sounds great. 

1. The wire being used is very flexible and the texture makes it is very comfortable to hold and use.
2. I love the color of the copper inside the pu coating looks so pure, dark.

the above 2 points really stand out for me.

and it does not degrade the sound quality at all , tested with 3 other interconnects, no coloration all frequencies are well extended.

Feb 23, 2017 at 3:15 PM Post #1,455 of 4,760
  Is there a way to not pay VAT when ordering? I will be charged VAT when the cable is in customs in my country, so there should be no need to be double charged, is there? 

From what I understand, if you pick FedEx shipping you can avoid VAT charges, but if you use Polish Post, they will charge you. Verify with Matt via email.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back