Forza AudioWorks Impressions Thread
Jan 14, 2017 at 2:10 PM Post #1,412 of 4,769
I just thought I'd chime in here, as well, in praise of F.A.W. It's true of all that's been said here of the company (and Matt). There are just a small handfull of companies, imo, that seem to have that 'it' factor of combining all the right ingredients in making the whole experience such a joy to deal with. Somehow, you just know this is an awesome company. I will definitely be passing the word around. I've not seen one bad complaint, anywhere! Wow! I own the Akg K812's and will be using the cables I'm purchasing with the Grace Design M920 and the Oppo HA-2. I'm going to purchase the Noir Hybrid HPC and the LOD (Silver) Lightning to USB-A, respectively. I can't wait to test these cables out! Thanks F.A.W. (Matez!)

Jan 15, 2017 at 5:13 PM Post #1,413 of 4,769
  Received my Hybrid Series IEM - Cable : Quad hybrid semi-Litz UPOCC Cryo 7N wire today.

MMCX connection to my SE846 is perfect! Good start. Cable feels very well made, supple but strong. The Neutrik 3.5mm right angled connector is built like a tank! Good stuff :)

How flexible is this cable ? was looking for one like this for my SE846, but with 2.5mm TRRS balances for my AK DAP.
is the cable really flexible ? wan we forget it when listening to music as it is written ?
I'm want a very very supple, flexible cable..
thanks

Jan 18, 2017 at 10:23 PM Post #1,416 of 4,769
Is Matez still around? I've emailed him at F.A.W. and he hasn't responded. Should I just lay low until he responds? I'm not quite sure how he handles customer service inquiries, compared to others more familiar in dealing with him. Don't get me wrong, though. He's responded quickly to a few emails already regarding an order, but the next and last question I needed, he then disappeared for over a week. Just curious.

Jan 25, 2017 at 6:47 AM Post #1,422 of 4,769
Just wanted to add a quick note that I'm really happy with the Claire HPC Mk2 cable I received a bit ago from FAW.  Beautiful, well-made, quickly delivered.  I've only been able to compare the FAW balanced cable to SE, so not reliable due to amp differences, but I like it!

Jan 27, 2017 at 10:31 PM Post #1,423 of 4,769
I will tell you about my impressions of my new Forza Noir Hybrid cable to AKG K812. The listening scene is broader. Listening to acoustic instruments is very realistic and you can hear all details in the whole tonal register. You have a rapid and deep bass, and the treble is very clean. I mostly listen to jazz and classical music. If you have music in a high class recording and listen now you can hear the difference from the standard cable easy.
I listen through Schiit LYR 2 headamp and TEAC UD-503 DAC.

Hey, Benke, if your still around: I also have the K812's and would love to hear more impressions of the Noir Hybrid HPC, as I'm ordering the same cable (with the Furutech). How much improvement over the stock cable is there? Is there even more improvement with time?

Jan 30, 2017 at 5:17 AM Post #1,425 of 4,769
  How much has changed the sound?

Lars,
I can not compare with a stock 3.5 mm SE cable since they use different outputs.
it’s not that bright as Silver Dragon but reproduces all the details as well,  the low end is more prominent and it gives more body.
So  I would say this is a really good compromise between analytically sounding Silver Dragon and pure copper cables.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back