Forza AudioWorks Impressions Thread
Jan 31, 2017 at 3:47 PM Post #1,426 of 4,769
Hi Guys, looking for any recommended balanced Oppo PM3 proposal and sound impressions, claire hpc mk2 keeps popping up but not hearing much about any sound improvements with the Oppos, just need you guys to justify it for me 
wink.gif

Feb 3, 2017 at 9:09 AM Post #1,427 of 4,769

Just arrived. 20 AWG copper for oppo pm-3
Very light and flexible.
I had in the past norse and moon-audio cable.
I.bought from FAW because i read a lot of positive review, is located in europe so no custom and most important the price

Feb 8, 2017 at 5:21 AM Post #1,429 of 4,769
I have FAW Color Series for akg q701 and was hugely impressed with the build quality for the price. Matez was easy to deal with when I wanted to change to Furutech 6.3mm jacks after ordering.

I also have a Claire FAW cable for my Hifiman HE-500s. Immediate and noticeable improvement in sound and the quality was evident. No microphone noise which was a huge issue with Hifiman stock silver cables. Not to mention it is beautiful!

I couldn't be happier and will go back to Matez for every cable I need in the future.

Feb 8, 2017 at 6:59 AM Post #1,430 of 4,769
from a first contact with this cable, the impression is positive. now the opo pm-3 has bass, probably too much
biggrin.gif

the refinement in the sound is evident. for the retail price, this is in first position between cables that i had.

Feb 9, 2017 at 3:59 PM Post #1,431 of 4,769
I am looking for a aftermarket cable for my HD800s. Should I consider the Noir HPC Mk2 or Claire HPC Mk2? I can only see that one is 8x1 braid and the other is 4x2 braid. What is the difference in sound between the two? I don't mind if it is sleeved at all. Thanks! 

Feb 9, 2017 at 8:21 PM Post #1,434 of 4,769
None. Buy aftermarket cables for their increased build quality and customizable length. Matt makes very nice cables.

Would it be right to say that the only difference between Noir and Claire is that Noir is wrapped in black braid, so there is so sonic difference between them? If this is the case, i would go for the Claire. I think it looks better.
biggrin.gif

Feb 9, 2017 at 8:52 PM Post #1,435 of 4,769
  Would it be right to say that the only difference between Noir and Claire is that Noir is wrapped in black braid, so there is so sonic difference between them? If this is the case, i would go for the Claire. I think it looks better.
biggrin.gif

The cable geometry is slightly different, other than that it's the braiding, sleeve, and aluminum splitter that account for the added cost.

Feb 10, 2017 at 3:54 PM Post #1,437 of 4,769
To give you an idea, I sent Matez money (I transferred money through PayPal because of a custom order) on January 30th. He told me a few days ago it would be sent in about a few more days. I'm a hundred percent positive in dealing with F.A.W. it's totally worth whatever time it would take to receive the cables. It's been an absolute please in dealing with Matez. I'll post when the shipping info is received
to help give you an estimate (in my case, of course.) However, I requested FedEx which came to $46.00 for added assurance and speedier service (worth it imo.)

Feb 10, 2017 at 4:27 PM Post #1,438 of 4,769
if i´m right, from the order, i received after three week with normal registered box

Feb 12, 2017 at 8:42 PM Post #1,440 of 4,769
Have you received your cable yet? Which one did you order? Waiting for your impressions :popcorn:

I did indeed. I purchased the Noir HPC Mk2, mostly because I wanted a black cable to match the Utopias, and didn't want to do them a disservice even If I don't neccesarily believe in cables affecting sound that much. It took about 3 weeks to be made and 3 weeks for shipping to me here in Canada (but this was during the holidays.) I can't really comment on any sonic differences (again because I don't really believe it, and because I went from single ended to balanced out on my amp, so if there were differences I wouldn't know if it was my amp or the cable).

Build quality wise it's beutiful and well worth it. Solid connectors, light weight and braided with a hefty splitter and Matt's nice logo work. It was also just the right length I needed, as opposed to the long ass one Focal gives you.

All in all, I'd say his cables are worth the price given his hospitality and care he puts into them. In the future, I'd probably go for a cheaper FAW cable though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back