Forza AudioWorks Impressions Thread
Feb 23, 2017 at 3:18 PM Post #1,456 of 4,769
  From what I understand, if you pick FedEx shipping you can avoid VAT charges, but if you use Polish Post, they will charge you. Verify with Matt via email.

Mate, thank you for the quick answer. I do not have the option to chose FedEx, only EMS and Polish post. Anyway, that should not make any difference in whether VAT is calculated or not. Where can I find Matt's e-mail?

Feb 23, 2017 at 3:25 PM Post #1,457 of 4,769
Mate, thank you for the quick answer. I do not have the option to chose FedEx, only EMS and Polish post. Anyway, that should not make any difference in whether VAT is calculated or not. Where can I find Matt's e-mail?

Yes, exactly. i have basically 3 options

1) Shipping by courier like UPS/DHL or so. The courier takes care of all the export documents for 0% VAT  (BTW. The official textbook for how to fill it in has around 100 pages and the export documents are like usually just 2-3 pages :) ), but its on expensive side - around 50-60Eur worldwide.
2) Shipping by EMS. The 0% VAT export documents can be prepared by 3rd party company for around 30Eur plus EMS itself is 39Eur. Kind of crappy option....
3) Shipping by Polish Post Registered Letter. Cheap, cheap and once again cheap - 6Eur, but in that case cannot be shipped with 0% VAT option, even with export docs from 3rd party company. Good deal for small orders when the VAT amount makes it not worth upgrading to courier service.

In a civilized EU country the authorities are not treating your company as a potential criminal and they have MUCH, MUCH simpler 0% VAT export procedures.and they can ship the package with simple registered letter mail with tracking  with 0% VAT rate. Unfortunately due to bureaucracy in Poland everything is more complicated.

I am sure that Peter from Custom Art is sending all his packages using courier services, hence 0% VAT rate :)

I hope it will clear some things up :wink:

http://forzaaudioworks.com/en/contact-form.php

Feb 23, 2017 at 4:32 PM Post #1,458 of 4,769
Exidrion, thank you for posting that. Coming from that part of Europe myself, I can understand the situation Matez is in. I guess even with VAT the price is competitive compared to other cables out there. Well, ordering my first ever aftermarket cable from FAW!

Feb 24, 2017 at 6:46 AM Post #1,459 of 4,769
  Exidrion, thank you for posting that. Coming from that part of Europe myself, I can understand the situation Matez is in. I guess even with VAT the price is competitive compared to other cables out there. Well, ordering my first ever aftermarket cable from FAW!

It´s the same situation when we bought products from states or another country outside EU: double vat plus custom.
The only manufacturer, that i know, that send outside EU without Vat is rudistor
In every case, from my humble experience, with or without Vat the faw cables are terrific Q/P relationship

Feb 24, 2017 at 8:56 AM Post #1,460 of 4,769
Sometimes courier help to survive the VAT, but the exta amount for the courier charges eating up the benefit again.
Had just received a special connection cable from the US (Moon Audio) and the price of the cable was close to the shipping and double VAT with tax. :frowning2:. But still better than no cable/ connection :)

Feb 24, 2017 at 9:18 AM Post #1,461 of 4,769
  FAW full copper arrived and mounted on my Utopia. too early to say anything, but this seems really a very good match

Is this the 20 awg extended bass version? How does it sound pairing with the utopia? 
popcorn.gif
 I'm still deciding between the hybrid and this! Looking forward to your thoughts!

Feb 24, 2017 at 9:58 AM Post #1,462 of 4,769
Is this the 20 awg extended bass version? How does it sound pairing with the utopia? :popcorn:  I'm still deciding between the hybrid and this! Looking forward to your thoughts!

I think that it's the noire or claire.
Isn't 20 awg for sure

Feb 24, 2017 at 10:04 PM Post #1,463 of 4,769
Hey guys, anyone have any trouble with this company? After numerous delays, and no active communication from their side, my package seems to have arrived safely in Austria, which would be cool except I'm in Australia...

Feb 25, 2017 at 1:35 AM Post #1,465 of 4,769
To those whom were curious regarding the order to shipping timeframes, I placed my order on January 29th, and the item (which is on the way) is scheduled to arrive March 1st. This includes xxx waiting time for an additional Furutech 1/4" to 1/8" headphone adapter, purchased separately, which was being shipped to F.A.W. first before everything in its entirety was then shipped to me (while the cables were probably already finished.) I shipped FedEx Priority International (1-3 days) to Hawaii.

YMMV (pun included)!
Best Regards-
T.

Feb 25, 2017 at 12:42 PM Post #1,467 of 4,769
  Ordered cable over a few weeks ago. Sent message asking when the expected shipping date is, but received no reply. Is this usual from this seller? 

May want to send another email. Matez gets a ton of them, and some of them get lost on the way there due to Poland being weird.

Feb 25, 2017 at 7:47 PM Post #1,470 of 4,769
I want get a balanced cable for my HE-560. The Claire HPC mk2 and the Copper Series HPC mk2 (with sleeves) both run about the same amount (~$140), however, Claire is 8 strands of AWG26, while the Copper Series is 4 strands of AWG20 copper wire. Any thoughts on which one is preferable? More strands or fatter wire?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back