Forza AudioWorks Impressions Thread
Feb 26, 2017 at 4:39 AM Post #1,472 of 4,769
You have the copper mk2 4 wire 26 awg that is cheaper. I bought the 20 awg.more bass from my headphone

Feb 27, 2017 at 2:25 AM Post #1,474 of 4,769
Hi, a different cable can change the sound ? I hear a little hiss with my oppo with the original cable , witch one to forza can be the better ? thanks you :) !

Depends from the.combination of headphone, cable and amplifier.
For example:i had two jvc dx-1000 balanced, one with stock cable and the other with norseaudio cable. The first was better

Feb 27, 2017 at 7:12 AM Post #1,476 of 4,769
Hi, a different cable can change the sound ? I hear a little hiss with my oppo with the original cable , witch one to forza can be the better ? thanks you
smily_headphones1.gif
!

Cables does not eliminate hiss at all. It would only eliminate hiss if a high resistance is built-in in the cable, but this would alter the sound signature of your head phones (mostly in a bad way), so it's a bad idea.

So in this case to eliminate hiss on sources use the iFi iEMatch it does not alter the sound signature but eliminate the hiss completely. http://www.head-fi.org/t/814317/what-the-heck-is-it-ifi-iematch works for balanced and unbalanced very well.

Feb 27, 2017 at 7:19 AM Post #1,477 of 4,769

Cables does not eliminate hiss at all. It would only eliminate hiss if a high resistance is built-in in the cable, but this would alter the sound signature of your head phones (mostly in a bad way), so it's a bad idea.

So in this case to eliminate hiss on sources use the iFi iEMatch it does not alter the sound signature but eliminate the hiss completely. http://www.head-fi.org/t/814317/what-the-heck-is-it-ifi-iematch works for balanced and unbalanced very well.

Or get a better source and better recorded audio

Feb 27, 2017 at 7:27 AM Post #1,478 of 4,769
A better source is a option too sure, but a way more expensive than this iFi adapter. The issue here is about device hiss not from the audio source hiss from the recording, so even you don't play any music file and you simply connect your head phone to the powered on source and it hiss. To have a bad (noisy) recording is a other story the source can't help at all.

Feb 27, 2017 at 11:27 AM Post #1,479 of 4,769
Thanks for your reply , i just buy the ar-m2 and i have the pm3 headphone, my source is tidal and some flac, wave and aiff ... Any idea which cable to forza is appropriate ? Noir hybrid or clair ?

Thanks if you have an idea and have a good day !

Feb 27, 2017 at 12:16 PM Post #1,480 of 4,769
Thanks for your reply , i just buy the ar-m2 and i have the pm3 headphone, my source is tidal and some flac, wave and aiff ... Any idea which cable to forza is appropriate ? Noir hybrid or clair ?

Thanks if you have an idea and have a good day !

about pm-3 i bought the copper series 20awg. my source is tidal and amplifiers in my signature

Feb 28, 2017 at 3:22 PM Post #1,483 of 4,769
Just received a parcel from @Matez! See below!

Simple 8-wire, pure copper, Claire interconnect with two Switchcraft right angle TRS jack and Matt exquisite craftmanship. Forza Audio Works it's a nice company to work with actually!

Pyre, SPC interconnect, 8-wire, Claire series Viablue straight TRS jack connectors. Same craftmanship. Outstanding look!

I will put those at work and see what they can do! Thanks for watching!

Matt, hat off and thank you for a work well done!

Take care...

Feb 28, 2017 at 5:27 PM Post #1,484 of 4,769
Well, I've also finally received my shipment from F.A.W. FedEx from Poland to Hawaii took 4 days ($46.00). I ordered a 2m Noir Hybrid HPC with a 1/4" Furutech jack (and a Furutech 1/8" female to 1/4" male headphone adapter, sold separately) for its main use with the Grace Design M920, and a black-sleeved LOD for an iPhone 7 Plus and Oppo HA-2. The headphone cable was made for the Akg K812's and synergistically look KILLER, and pretty much match the K812's lemo connector on the other end! The Furutech connectors are awesome, and I'm not sure which has more grip- the Furutech's, or a bulldog!! Talk about a TAUGHT connection!! It's extremely difficult to get on and off (the headphone adapter literally SCRAPES the jack), but is probably one reason why there would be such a stellar transfer of audio. I don't have quality time to test them yet, or to post pictures, but just enough to let all of you know a little of my story for now, that's all.

Mar 3, 2017 at 4:52 PM Post #1,485 of 4,769
Right now I'm enjoying my new noir hpc mk2 with my sound rig!
I never believed in cables making difference (in sq), I don't know if I'm now, I didn't make any comparisons to the stock cable, it just since the noir is here, for a week now, it's first time I feel there is nothing missing on the pm3 in punch, engagement, musicality. I don't know, maybe it's subjective, placebo, but if so, I'm enjoying it.

Matt was top in ordering process, answered questions without fatigue. As the Via Blue didn't fit well for me on the QP1R, he replaced it for me with the switchcraft.
Am super happy about that order.
I love the level the cable is twisting by the way. If you need it straight, it's straight, if you're sitting and listening, its curled on your leg, perfect, not hanging and pulling down with weight. When player is in your pocket, its curled the right amount automatically, not hanging down, going up to your hp.
Great stuff, Matt!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back