Forza AudioWorks Impressions Thread
Mar 12, 2017 at 5:56 PM Post #1,501 of 4,778
Regarding communication, being a smaller company, one time it took Matt a few days for him to respond to me. I even posted here at HeadFi to get him to contact me, then he apologized for perhaps overlooking my original email to him. He would always eventually respond. Sorry for your troubles.

Mar 12, 2017 at 6:08 PM Post #1,502 of 4,778
(Sorry, your replying post preceded mine after me posting.)

Yeah, I definately hate the lack of precision regarding the way such things can be with regards to your comments on F.A.W. (as an example from me, however, meant for OTHER companies that I've dealt with.) It kinda' leaves a bad taste a little and makes you want a better experience, overall. However, I've had a great experience with F.A.W. most recently (and Matt, personally), and can't attest for your experiences, (of course.) The quality is outstanding, across the board.

Mar 12, 2017 at 6:11 PM Post #1,503 of 4,778
Communication might not be their strong point but they always get the job done. Had a usb cable that he made a bit too long for what I wanted it for (otg for phone to mojo), sent it back to him and he sorted it no problem :D

Mar 13, 2017 at 4:23 AM Post #1,505 of 4,778
Guy and gals, first of all sorry for small decline with the responsiveness in last couple of days - we have a small flu epidemic here and with increased numbers of orders it is definitely not a good combo. Usually it is not a big deal, but this season every single person working for FAW got it in a short period of time. You probably know how messed up such situations are in case of small businesses. Anyway after dozens of cups of hot cocoa and a lot of sleep, we are back on track - the FAW machine is slowly starting again and we will be as brand new in next few days. All the emails will be responded until the end of the day and if there is any email not answered by that time please let us know, I will personally handle it. Thanks guys (and gals) for understanding.

Forza AudioWorks Stay updated on Forza AudioWorks at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://forzaaudioworks.com/en
Mar 14, 2017 at 8:29 AM Post #1,506 of 4,778
Wow, Matt's not kidding, they are up and running! A big surprise this morning, my Claire HPC mk2 arrived and I didn't even know it had been shipped. My payment was processed the 3rd of March and 10 days later the cable found me in Japan! And this is with Polish postal services shipping the cable! It seems Japanese customs let the cable through quickly, without any tax or other payments (maybe because tax was already paid in EU). I am amazed I got the cable so quick. Please note that everything about my order was default, no special requests.

The cable itself is beautiful. The quality of craftsmanship is beyond what I expected and even the packaging was neat and well thought out (something very important here in Japan
smile.gif
). The cable is very light and very flexible, miles better than stock HiFiMan cable. Felt immediate relief after switching cables - just enjoying the music instead of fighting the cable.

Still early to fully discern sound differences, but changing from single ended to balanced on a Jot with the HE-560 was immediately noticeable. Besides more volume, I think the sound became slightly fuller and the base hits a bit harder. Listening to "The Fan and the Bellows" and "Second Skin" (by one of my favourite English bands, the Chameleons) certain things are definitely more emphasised. I believe some parts of the midrange came a bit more to the fore, while overall the sound relaxed a tiny bit (less hard). The Jot has a pretty flat soundstage and I noticed a slight improvement there as well (a bit more 3D, a bit more space front to back). Again, I cannot say what contributes to the sound differences, going balanced, the cable, or both. However, even if there were no sound improvements, just the convenience and the build/looks are worth the asking price.

Overall I am very happy with my purchase. It took Matt a day or two to answer my emails before the purchase, but after the payment everything went smooth. I was considering Norne Audio and Toxic Cables as well, but Norne is a bit expensive for me (the cheapest cable coming to more than $240 together with shipping, minus tax) and no way was I going to wait 5-8 weeks for Toxic. The final cost of the Claire HPC mk2 for me was around $146 (cable, shipping, tax) and I don't think I could have done any better at that price. If FAW can keep deliveries on their most popular products below 2-3 weeks, with the prices they are charging and the build quality they are offering, they are unbeatable. Will come back again to Matt for any future cable needs.

Mar 14, 2017 at 11:43 AM Post #1,507 of 4,778
100% agreed on the Hifiman cable front especially (on everything else too) - wife has an HE-560 and I owned a pair of 400S for a long time and both the stock cables are just insufferable, getting FAW replacements was the very first thing I wanted to do as soon as I tried either of them on.

Mar 24, 2017 at 10:24 AM Post #1,510 of 4,778
Just ordered a Noir Hybrid HPC 4-pin XLR, 4,5m for my MDR-Z1R and a 1/4 to 4-pin adapter.
As to the email contact I must say I found Matt very responsive and more than fast enough.

Why I ordered this cable?
- Love the fat, black, soft looks.
- The price seems a lot more right than that of most competitors. I wonder what stuff some of his competitors were on when they decided on their prices, must have been damn good ****! :p
- The impressions of the sound (a bit more detail and clarity with nice meaty bottom end and a little warmth in the mids, all while remaining smooth) I read everywhere seem right up my alley and fit for the kind of phones I have.
- What I read about Matt's opinion on cables and cable materials (copper, hybrid and silver) seems to reflect my opinion.

Now if the cable lives up to those sonic impressions more or less I'll be recabling all my phones with Noir Hybrid HPC. Should get it in 10 days or so but I don't even mind if it's 2 or 3 weeks.

Mar 25, 2017 at 5:27 AM Post #1,511 of 4,778
Came here to show off. This is FAW Copper Extended Bass cable, a great companion for any bass light headphone.
Bought it for my Shure SRH1840 and I couldn't be happier.

Mar 25, 2017 at 11:55 AM Post #1,513 of 4,778
Which connector is right, which is left, on the Forzas?

Dunno lol, I just listen to Twist&Shout to determine that. The vocals are hard-panned to the right

Users who are viewing this thread

Back