Forza AudioWorks Impressions Thread
Dec 30, 2014 at 4:35 PM Post #541 of 4,778
  Between 23rd and 30th are just 2 working days
blink.gif
I remember that it took some time before I got an answer on a mail, but it never bothered me...Matthew is a very busy guy I guess and I respect that.
I'm still happy that I ordered my cables at FAW, superb cables for a great price!

But hey, in the end it's your money and your decision to call it off when you're running out of patience...

Good luck with finding better cables!

You have the 24th, 27th, 29th and 30th. I think that is four days not two. Plenty of time to respond to a new purchaser.  Thank you for your good luck wishes finding better cables!

Dec 30, 2014 at 4:58 PM Post #542 of 4,778

You have the 24th, 27th, 29th and 30th. I think that is four days not two.

You wrote: working days between the 23rd and the 30th.
The 27th is a Saturday and therefor not an official working day (mon/fri) where I live and I guess neither it is in Poland. And between 23rd and 30th are only the nrs 24th up to 29th imo.

However you made your point...and I'm in a very good mood and I wish to keep it that way, so this will be my last post regarding this subject
beerchug.gif

Dec 31, 2014 at 9:46 AM Post #543 of 4,778
I have to say in terms of customer service, Forza has definitely been more lacking since the first time I ordered from them during the spring of 2014. My cable was delayed til about 2 months, which Mathew offered me a color option "upgrade" for it which is nice, but communication throughout the two months were fairly slow, and sometimes I had to email him multiple times for a reply.

Once I got the cable, it turns out the left and right channels were switched, which is a mistake im not particularly happy about that I feel like should no be happening when you order a 250 dollar cable. Either way, it took almost a week for a reply, and having to ship the cable back to poland seems like such a pain... i might just look for plussound or someone else in the US to switch the two channels, since mathew hasn't replied to my question of what the turnaround time will be.

Overall a bit disappointed in forza this time around too and I can accept the channel mix up as an honest mistake that happens, but i dont feel that mathew is really dealing with his mistake very well. May have to reconsider purchasing from him again, although his cables really are some of the most ergonomic on the market.

Dec 31, 2014 at 11:56 AM Post #544 of 4,778
I ordered my cable on November 9 and do not have it yet.  I understand he is just one guy who's popularity has increased.  More orders mean more time to manufacture and less time for customer service, etc.  It's very hard to maintain the level of service that early customers received once orders reach a certain point.  Communication is the key to not killing your business as it grows.  I would suggest Matthew adopt a system similar to what Decware does with their products.  Everything is built to order and it takes about 3 months from the time you order.  They post a pdf file on their website each Monday that shows where your order sits in the lineup.  It's status gets updated when parts are pulled, the build starts, the chassis is ready, etc.  It's a great way to keep customers informed and stem the tide of endless emails about the status of orders.

To complain about an order made the day before Christmas Eve is incredibly selfish.  I agree that communication can be improved but to expect instant responses to all your queries during a time of year when family is supposed to come first is not only unrealistic, but rude.

Maybe I'm just more patient than most.

Dec 31, 2014 at 12:35 PM Post #545 of 4,778
  I ordered my cable on November 9 and do not have it yet.  I understand he is just one guy who's popularity has increased.  More orders mean more time to manufacture and less time for customer service, etc.  It's very hard to maintain the level of service that early customers received once orders reach a certain point.  Communication is the key to not killing your business as it grows.  I would suggest Matthew adopt a system similar to what Decware does with their products.  Everything is built to order and it takes about 3 months from the time you order.  They post a pdf file on their website each Monday that shows where your order sits in the lineup.  It's status gets updated when parts are pulled, the build starts, the chassis is ready, etc.  It's a great way to keep customers informed and stem the tide of endless emails about the status of orders.

To complain about an order made the day before Christmas Eve is incredibly selfish.  I agree that communication can be improved but to expect instant responses to all your queries during a time of year when family is supposed to come first is not only unrealistic, but rude.

Maybe I'm just more patient than most.

I'm not rude or unrealistic. I just expect a reply to a question about something I have already bought and another question about further order (£250) within a week or so. No worries though as if he is too busy to reply, he doesn't need my custom. 

Dec 31, 2014 at 1:50 PM Post #548 of 4,778
I wish Matthew would hire an assistant. I am eager to order another cable, but the delays (and the comments on this thread) have made me pause.

I used to run a service team, once upon a time, and you would be surprised how a simple e-mail can diffuse these situations.

An assistant could maintain a spreadsheet of open orders, with estimates to build complete and follow-on shipping times; an e-mail response of something like:

"Thank you... <insert platitude here> ... your order # 12345 is currently Nth in the build queue, with an estimated completion date of DD/MM and a shipping period of N days"

People will wait, patiently in fact, as long as they feel there is a warm body somewhere looking after their order.

Just my two cents...

Dec 31, 2014 at 2:49 PM Post #549 of 4,778
  I wish Matthew would hire an assistant. I am eager to order another cable, but the delays (and the comments on this thread) have made me pause.

I used to run a service team, once upon a time, and you would be surprised how a simple e-mail can diffuse these situations.

An assistant could maintain a spreadsheet of open orders, with estimates to build complete and follow-on shipping times; an e-mail response of something like:

"Thank you... <insert platitude here> ... your order # 12345 is currently Nth in the build queue, with an estimated completion date of DD/MM and a shipping period of N days"

People will wait, patiently in fact, as long as they feel there is a warm body somewhere looking after their order.

Just my two cents...

Couldn't have said it better!

Jan 1, 2015 at 12:59 AM Post #551 of 4,778
He maybe, but neither of us know that for a fact. Could still check his emails on his phone. During this time, I have been communicating with two online retailers with whom I have bought from before, so it can be done.

Jan 1, 2015 at 8:07 AM Post #552 of 4,778

A handful of people, one of which did not read the lead time properly and currently someone complaining during the new year is hardly conclusive as suggested versus all the other positive feedback. Who else are you going to place your order with within Europe at reasonable prices. Toxic cables are far pricier with 1-year plus lead times or import from USA/Asian manufacturers. Exactly.

Jan 1, 2015 at 8:20 AM Post #553 of 4,778
I dont think thats fair for u to say either. Yes perhaps demanding service during the holidays is a bit much, the man needs his break too, but to me forza's service has without a doubt deteriorated a bit. Wait time isnt awful, and reponses arent nonexistent, but it hasnt been on par with what it was before.

Yes there are positive feebacks, but the negatives are just as valid. I complained not because forza made a mistake on my cable, but the way he is dealing with such a mistake.

Jan 1, 2015 at 8:36 AM Post #554 of 4,778
The issue is not feedback but context. As far as one can tell it is always new members who think they are the only customer and will get it within the week.

For some context my interconnects in 2013 took 8-weeks incl postal time.
My iem cable in 2014 took 8-weeks incl postal time to arrive.

From my personal experience the service has not changed, but then again I have not tried to email the guy every few weeks because my expectations were managed per this thread and the website information. If you wish to draw any parallels the current complainant says he ordered in 11 Nov 2014, so receipt mid to late Jan 2015 would be reasonable window if you add the fortnight allowance for Christmas shutdown

Maybe it would be better to say if you want a cable next week then order off-the-shelf from any number of sellers. If you want a custom handmade product then :cool:

Jan 1, 2015 at 4:05 PM Post #555 of 4,778
Quote:
The issue is not feedback but context. As far as one can tell it is always new members who think they are the only customer and will get it within the week.

For some context my interconnects in 2013 took 8-weeks incl postal time.
My iem cable in 2014 took 8-weeks incl postal time to arrive.

From my personal experience the service has not changed, but then again I have not tried to email the guy every few weeks because my expectations were managed per this thread and the website information. If you wish to draw any parallels the current complainant says he ordered in 11 Nov 2014, so receipt mid to late Jan 2015 would be reasonable window if you add the fortnight allowance for Christmas shutdown

Maybe it would be better to say if you want a cable next week then order off-the-shelf from any number of sellers. If you want a custom handmade product then
cool.gif

Not taking a negative stance on either side of things, just offering "context" as LFC_SL wisely did above.

I ordered an RCA --> 3.5" coaxial Interconnect Cable from Matthew some months ago.  Did it take a little while?  Yes.  Am I spoiled by Amazon Prime "Next day-->2 day delivery of things I order on-line? Definitely.  Did I email him a couple of times before a response?  Yes.  However; Was he BUSY CUSTOM-MAKING CABLES for customers just like me?  Most assuredly. 

Maybe a partner to handle "Admin" stuff like daily correspondence with current and potential customers is in Forza's futue. (Would go a mile towards a better "purchase experience" in my opinion.)  But in the mean-time, I am now the happy owner of a GORGEOUS hand-made Interconnect Cable that allows me to connect my components with great sound and without looking like a bit of "Do-it-yourself" kit.

Truth be told, I could have ordered a FIIO 3.5" to 3.5" digital interconnect for less than $20, and had it the same week.  But when I am spending thousands of dollars on getting the sound I want, I am willing to be patient for the best grade equipment my money can buy. Simple, personal reasoning; not a value assessment.

Context without judgment offered.  Take it or leave it as you will.  My only hope is that a future purchaser goes into the process with proper expectations set at the beginning.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back