Forza AudioWorks Impressions Thread
Jan 24, 2019 at 7:38 AM Post #2,206 of 4,760
Thanks for the reply. I ordered the cable 23rd November, and now two months later I have purchased some new Andromedas, as part of that deal there was an offer on the CA Balanced cable, so I guess my need for a new cable has been met. I think I will just put this down to experience. The first cable you sent may turn up soon :dt880smile:. The second cable as stated above is beyond repair. To be honest I was worried I would damage my new Andromedas so I will just stick to the CA cable. I am £100 out of pocket, but hey that is life.

I definately don't want to leave the business unfinished - expect an email from me in a short while :)

Forza AudioWorks Stay updated on Forza AudioWorks at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://forzaaudioworks.com/en
Jan 24, 2019 at 9:50 AM Post #2,207 of 4,760
These are pics of the Claire HPC mk 2, with the same copper as the website photos.

5919517_thumb_zpsudslcxy9.jpg

5768055_zpsfdklrzxs.jpg

6043972_zpsrujd3htc.jpg

Last edited:
Jan 24, 2019 at 10:04 AM Post #2,208 of 4,760
These are pics of the Claire HPC mk 2, that I just got yesterday. Interesting how the strand layout or bundling looks different, from the website pics and pics from reviewers.

20190123_184834_zpstsgoyynq.jpg

20190123_184808_zps1nxostcq.jpg

20190123_184610_zpsoih5tcpv.jpg
20190123_184743_zpspxtbexi1.jpg

Last edited:
Jan 24, 2019 at 10:32 AM Post #2,209 of 4,760
I would like to add, that the cable i just got aside from the Completely Different looking copper, is really, really nice and lays perfect and sounds great. I assume this copper design sounds as good as the copper design advertised and reviewed. The craftsmanship and overall look and feel are awesome! Thanks FAW!

Last edited:
Jan 24, 2019 at 3:50 PM Post #2,211 of 4,760
Jan 25, 2019 at 1:28 AM Post #2,212 of 4,760
I've now had my hybrid series IEM cable for a few weeks now and can report my experiences.

I cannot really say much about the sound since I have also switched from Amp1 to the Amp8 module on my DX200 so it's impossible to tell what impact the cable has on sound. As a combo they are definitely a great together with my Rhine Customs Stage 7s.

As far as look and construction are concerned they are incredible. I will see if i can find some time to snap some photos during the weekend.

The only suggestion that i would make is to offer a memory wire option for IEM cables. Most people don't seem to like memory wire but I have found that putting the IEMs in is much faster for me with memory wire and the IEMs become less often tangled with my glasses. Also I have less chafing on my ears. A good memory wire option might require smaller 2 Pin plugs though.

Only thing I'm missing now is my 4.4mm to 3.5mm adapter for maximum happiness.

Last edited:
Jan 26, 2019 at 10:48 AM Post #2,214 of 4,760
I have had a few days of use now, with my new Claire HPC mk2, and must say this cable is dead silent to the touch with no microphonics. This is amazing, in that it does not enterfere with the music at all, when moving around. The cable lays perfectly straight and is super light. Basically it just disappears, and lets me connect to the music better. Lastly, it does look beautiful when the light makes it shine. Well done FAW! I will be buying more from you, in the future. Thanks!

Jan 27, 2019 at 6:02 AM Post #2,215 of 4,760
Hey all, I have a question and after a bit of searching the thread haven’t found anything that directly addresses it.

I’m thinking of either the Copper series HPC mk2 with 20awg bass upgrade, or the Claire HPC mk2; once you add the 20awg option to the copper series, the difference in price isn’t much.

So my question is what different sonic characteristics could you expect between these two cables? Both are copper but differ in:
Claire: 8 strands of 26AWG cryo 7N UPOCC copper wire in Litz geometry. 8 x 1 braid

Copper series: 4 strands of 20AWG cryo 7N UPOCC copper in Litz geometry, 4x 1 braid

Jan 30, 2019 at 3:58 PM Post #2,217 of 4,760
Jan 31, 2019 at 4:52 PM Post #2,220 of 4,760
Hey all, I have a question and after a bit of searching the thread haven’t found anything that directly addresses it.

I’m thinking of either the Copper series HPC mk2 with 20awg bass upgrade, or the Claire HPC mk2; once you add the 20awg option to the copper series, the difference in price isn’t much.

So my question is what different sonic characteristics could you expect between these two cables? Both are copper but differ in:
Claire: 8 strands of 26AWG cryo 7N UPOCC copper wire in Litz geometry. 8 x 1 braid

Copper series: 4 strands of 20AWG cryo 7N UPOCC copper in Litz geometry, 4x 1 braid
Hey everyone, just to let you all know I emailed Matt directly from the Forza website; he informed me he couldn't reply here due to member of trade rules on head-fi, but I'll quote what he put in his email:

"Both Claire HPC Mk2 (C) and Copper Series AWG20 (CS) have slightly warm sound signature. C has and edge on soundstage and general dynamics and PRaT. CS has deeper low end with more body which makes it perfect for lean sounding cans (HD800 or K701 are good examples). Both offer more or less similar midrange - intimate and lush. In case of highs C is more sparkly and vivid, CS has them more toned down"

They both have qualities I like, not sure which I'll go for yet. I loves me some dynamics and PRaT, but also loves me some good solid low end :wink:

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back