Forza AudioWorks Impressions Thread
Jan 22, 2019 at 6:36 AM Post #2,191 of 4,764
I've currently got the same problem. Royal Mail "delivered", signature obtained, but not delivered and signature not even close to mine.
I don't blame Matt for this, this is a Royal Mail problem and I'm trying to get resolution with them.

It's great service by Matt to send a new cable to you.

My cable was bespoke, and I had to send him an OEM cable to use the proprietary connectors, so I can't just order another cable.

Just to be clear I didn't order through the website, it was done via email with Matt, so I didn't think to ask him to use the insured delivery service.

Yes I agree it was a great gesture as I did not exoect this. Just a sad end to my experience

Jan 22, 2019 at 4:15 PM Post #2,192 of 4,764
Ok I thought I would share my first experience with Forza.

I have mixed feelings and I will explain why.

First of all I found the communication excellent before I placed the order, a lot of detailed replies to help me make my decision, however after the order was placed the communication was not as good as I had to chase up emails several times. I don’t mind this as I run a small business too and I know you have to make decisions about priorities.

The order was placed and as stated less than two weeks later the cable was posted with a link to track this.

This is where things started to go wrong. The item was never delivered.

Matt was excellent throughout this process and said he would send me another cable out, as this would save time. This took a little longer than normal but he did as promised. I was pleased with this as my original package had actually been signed for …and it even looked like it could be my signature.

So as I say I was pleased with this, the communication again was not that good , having to chase things up several times, but I accept this like I say.

The cable arrived yesterday so I immediately attached it to my Andromedas.

The cable looked well made and looked good. I then decided to switch back to my ALO balanced cable that I purchased with the Andormedas. This is where the problems started . I could not remove the cable. After a good few minutes I got one free. The other side I could not remove at all, even using quite a bit of force. I have swapped cables a few times with CA products and I have never had an issue.

The result is I have broke my new cable as I had to use so much force it snapped off. I was at this stage concerned about the connection in My Andormedas so took the decision that I would rather lose the cable and not the use of the IEM.

There was no way that cable was coming out without the type of force I had to use. I had to get a pair of pliers in the end to free the cable.

So I have no cable two months down the line and I am out of pocket.. I don’t know what else I could have done though.

Anyone else have this issue with the MMCX connector from Forza?

Matt's a solid guy, we're positive he'll sort you out. He doesn't leave his customers with nothing, even if it means that at times it takes a bit of patience. We've been using his products at various events for years and he always delivered so yeah. Worry not, he'll get back to you.

iFi audio Stay updated on iFi audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/people/IFi-audio/61558986775162/ https://twitter.com/ifiaudio https://www.instagram.com/ifiaudio/ https://ifi-audio.com/ https://www.youtube.com/@iFiaudiochannel comms@ifi-audio.com
Jan 22, 2019 at 6:18 PM Post #2,193 of 4,764
Matt's a solid guy, we're positive he'll sort you out. He doesn't leave his customers with nothing, even if it means that at times it takes a bit of patience. We've been using his products at various events for years and he always delivered so yeah. Worry not, he'll get back to you.

To be honest I do not expect anything. I think Matt already did more then he had to with the new cable being sent out.
I am disappointed as the connector was very tight and I would assume a new cable would be the same so no point in getting another one.
Like i say Matt was good enough to send another cable out without any fuss so I would not expect any more than that.

Jan 23, 2019 at 7:31 AM Post #2,194 of 4,764
To be honest I do not expect anything. I think Matt already did more then he had to with the new cable being sent out.
I am disappointed as the connector was very tight and I would assume a new cable would be the same so no point in getting another one.
Like i say Matt was good enough to send another cable out without any fuss so I would not expect any more than that.

Even though the connection is tight early on, we use these MMCX because in time it gets more loose. This is the best one I’ve found and it does also a good job to protect the socket of IEMs in long term use - less wiggly connector, the less pressure on the fragile central pin of the socket. Anyway, there is still a possibility to make the cable will plugs with a bit of lower tolerance - just let me know :) It is always a trade-off though.

Forza AudioWorks Stay updated on Forza AudioWorks at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://forzaaudioworks.com/en
Jan 23, 2019 at 3:46 PM Post #2,199 of 4,764
Matez could you please answer to my messages about the cable I sent you to get fixed 3 months ago. You received it in early November and told me in December that it should be on the way but I am still waiting and no answers to my messages. Thanks

Jan 23, 2019 at 3:53 PM Post #2,200 of 4,764
Matez could you please answer to my messages about the cable I sent you to get fixed 3 months ago. You received it in early November and told me in December that it should be on the way but I am still waiting and no answers to my messages. Thanks

Can you drop me na e-mail on that once again? I will check it personally first thing tomorrow morning.

Forza AudioWorks Stay updated on Forza AudioWorks at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://forzaaudioworks.com/en
Jan 23, 2019 at 6:40 PM Post #2,202 of 4,764
Well. . . I just recieved one of my cables and it looks nice, but the copper looks nothing like the picture on the website? I will post pics, in a bit.

The cable is beautiful and perfectly crafted, it just does not look like the same copper in the picture on the website, or in other people's pics in this thread. The geometry or grouping of the strands, the way the strands are bundled together, is what looks different on my copper.

Last edited:
Jan 23, 2019 at 8:19 PM Post #2,203 of 4,764
I would like to add, that i am in communication with FAW and i am waiting to hear back.

Jan 24, 2019 at 3:29 AM Post #2,204 of 4,764
Even though the connection is tight early on, we use these MMCX because in time it gets more loose. This is the best one I’ve found and it does also a good job to protect the socket of IEMs in long term use - less wiggly connector, the less pressure on the fragile central pin of the socket. Anyway, there is still a possibility to make the cable will plugs with a bit of lower tolerance - just let me know :) It is always a trade-off though.

Thanks for the reply. I ordered the cable 23rd November, and now two months later I have purchased some new Andromedas, as part of that deal there was an offer on the CA Balanced cable, so I guess my need for a new cable has been met. I think I will just put this down to experience. The first cable you sent may turn up soon :dt880smile:. The second cable as stated above is beyond repair. To be honest I was worried I would damage my new Andromedas so I will just stick to the CA cable. I am £100 out of pocket, but hey that is life.

Jan 24, 2019 at 6:49 AM Post #2,205 of 4,764
So, i got a response back from FAW about my copper looking different, than most pictures in this thread and on their website. Apparently there are variations from batch to batch, due to tolerances. I get that, but my copper, more specifically, the way the strands are bundled together looks completely different. I always thought that the way the strands are bundled together, is what seperates cables from each other, and helps to give it it's character? It's all about the details for me and i do my research. Once i figure out how to post pics, i will, and i would love to get other opinions.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back