Forza AudioWorks Impressions Thread
Feb 26, 2019 at 3:58 PM Post #2,236 of 4,715
Does anybody have any experience with upgrading the stock Focal Clear/Utopia/Elear with a FAW cable? I am considering the Claire Hybrid HPC from FAW or an Atlas Zeno.

Also, what's the difference between the Claire Hybrid HPC and the plain Hybrid HPC?

Last edited:
Feb 26, 2019 at 5:02 PM Post #2,237 of 4,715
Does anybody have any experience with upgrading the stock Focal Clear/Utopia/Elear with a FAW cable? I am considering the Claire Hybrid HPC from FAW or an Atlas Zeno.

Also, what's the difference between the Claire Hybrid HPC and the plain Hybrid HPC?
I have a Noir non-hybrid on my Clears. Opened and smoothed over the sound on them.

Feb 28, 2019 at 1:25 PM Post #2,238 of 4,715
I received last week my first FAW cable, the Copper Series IEM Mk2.

It looks great and appears built with care and quality materials. Adequately flexible, lightweight and poorly microphonic, it has largely met all my expectations.
MMCX connectors fits tight, however I did not have any problem to detach them.

Matt was very helpful and valuable in tips for the choice and customization of the cable, which adopts MMCX straight connectors in place of the standard L-shaped.
I'm a very pleased customer!

Thanks and enjoy!

Forza AudioWorks Stay updated on Forza AudioWorks at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://forzaaudioworks.com/en
Feb 28, 2019 at 10:04 PM Post #2,240 of 4,715
D6CF61FF-44E7-48FB-B12C-DE92BD2E074D.jpeg E3C11384-B25E-4D99-91E6-811305A77833.jpeg I received a pair of FAW copper mk2 series cables in the mail this week - ordered on 2 Feb and they came from Poland to New Zealand in that time too.

Matt was really helpful with emails about the different sound qualities of the cable options. I went with the awg20 extended bass version, with one cable for my Shure SRH1540s and another for Sennheiser HD58Xs.

Great construction and look, I’ve been happily burning in the Shure cable today with some Allegaeon \m/, sounding tasty :)

Mar 6, 2019 at 9:31 AM Post #2,241 of 4,715
Ordered a Clair cable to connect my AK320 DAP to Woo Audio W7 tube amp. Compared to the stock cable, I was impressed by how the sound opened up: more clarity, more distinguishable separation, wider soundstage and greater depth. This combination with my HD 800S is joy to listen to. Money well spent. Also my hat off for Matt's customer service.

Last edited:
Mar 7, 2019 at 2:08 PM Post #2,243 of 4,715
If I have all parts on hand for your needs, then several working days and it's shipped.

How successful were your Cable Alchemy experiments with an 8 Wire iem cable option? did you find it a waste of time/overhyped, or does it offer a noticeable SQ improvement?, will you be adding it to your line?, if so, when?

I ask as I have serious reservations regarding American Manufacturers holistic abilities and also because I love Polish Vodka (Best in the World) & Polish Cables :)

Mar 7, 2019 at 7:50 PM Post #2,248 of 4,715
Well... It has been 11 business days since I got the message "Your cable will be made and shipped within next 5-7 business days."

Having the same issue.
Message said it would ship in 5 business days, that was on 2/18, then nothing.
Sent several messages this week that have gotten no response.

I don't mind the delay as much as the lack of communication.

Mar 8, 2019 at 3:45 AM Post #2,250 of 4,715
Crazy, this is the second time I have heard/seen the word "snarky" in 24 hours and I hadn't heard it in some 5 years or more.

several = more than two but not many.

I have ordered "several" cables from Forza and I am very satisfied. In my experience if the parts are there, Matt will ship in about 5-7 days. If not, it can take longer. I think the longest wait I had was 5 weeks but this is because he was waiting for particular parts.

To think that a custom handmade cable ordered from a small, boutique company can take only two days to ship would assume that they have no other orders.

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back