Formula 1-fi (Read the First Post!)
Oct 5, 2013 at 12:58 AM Post #571 of 3,854
  DVD? It´s 2013 you know :). Wonder if there will be a 3D version of this? Dunno if I want it if it´s converted but would like to give it a shot anyway :)

Well, nowadays dvd = digital video download.

Oct 5, 2013 at 1:22 AM Post #572 of 3,854
Not for us neo-luddites who still enjoy physically owning our entertainment
wink.gif

(or whose internet is way too slow to find anything but frustration from downloading)

Oct 5, 2013 at 4:57 AM Post #573 of 3,854

Well, nowadays dvd = digital video download.

Even worse lol.

I just came home from Rush and yes it was superb. Even the racing scenes did look okay I think that often looks ridiculous.
Good casting and the sound the best sound I ever got from that cinema. My private parts  started to vibrate from it never had that happen before lol

hmm Grosjean over a second faster then Kimi in qualifying :p

Oct 5, 2013 at 4:02 PM Post #574 of 3,854
I didn't watch qualifying, but with that big of a difference I'm assuming they used different tyres or the track evolved considerably. 1 second is way too big of a difference between teammates for there not to be some other explanation.

Seb wins by 17.7 seconds (0.3 per lap, or thereabouts).

If you ignore Seb, I think we might have a good scrap between Hamilton and Alonso, and maybe Rosberg and Grosjean thrown into the mix for good measure. Raikkonen will probably make his way forward to at least the top 5 as well, despite his miserable qualifying position.

Oct 5, 2013 at 6:01 PM Post #575 of 3,854
Kimi going to Ferrari and not being a contender for the world championship any longer they switch focus to Grosjean? Lotus don´t have the economics to support two cars fully at the moment anyway. Just speculation.

Oct 5, 2013 at 11:49 PM Post #576 of 3,854
Kimi going to Ferrari and not being a contender for the world championship any longer they switch focus to Grosjean? Lotus don´t have the economics to support two cars fully at the moment anyway. Just speculation.

Possible, but if they want to secure the second spot on the constructors list, they should support both the drivers.

Oct 6, 2013 at 9:03 AM Post #579 of 3,854
Vettel wins again.

Webber must have a class A jinx working on him.
Pits one lap too soon.
Gets shunted.

Oct 6, 2013 at 8:34 PM Post #581 of 3,854
Not sure if Webber has his heart in it. After all the crap he's gone through this season.

Oct 8, 2013 at 4:20 AM Post #582 of 3,854
Fun race, minus Seb
rolleyes.gif

What stood out to me as I watched it:

1.  Vettel not as dominant as in some recent races...
  2.  Pretty spectacular wing failure for Rosberg!
  3.  Impressive race throughout for Hulkenberg
  4.  Why did they leave Lewis out when he was losing such a massive amount of time? I mean, 4 seconds a lap?
  5.  Good race from Grosjean!
  6.  I'm afraid it's time for Di Resta to take a bit of a break from F1. Maybe after 3 driver error DNFs in 4 races people will stop going on about him like he's the next Vettel.
  7.  Why, Sutil? What a strange mistake.
  8.  Both Force India's spinning in a straight line? Kinda weird
  9.  Fire Marshal safety car
    tongue.gif
  10.  Shortest gap between two safety cars I've seen in a while
  11.  Five-car scrap on lap 45 - nice
  12.  Hamilton on Hulk :D

My favorite quotes of the race:

Engineer: You're faster than Kimi - you can can pass him.
 Grosjean: No I can't!
etysmile.gif

And of course:

Lewis: Anybody have an idea?

-----=-----=-----

So, who wants to bet Vettel is champion this time next week?

Oct 8, 2013 at 4:35 AM Post #584 of 3,854
Look at it this way - once he's champion, we can really start ignoring him!
wink.gif

PS: Did anyone else watching Sky notice Ted wearing an Ultrasone with a mic at the end? I wasn't watching an HD feed, so I couldn't tell the exact model - but I'm going to guess HFI-780 maybe?

Oct 8, 2013 at 4:57 AM Post #585 of 3,854
  Look at it this way - once he's champion, we can really start ignoring him!
wink.gif

I think he's already starting to feel that others are ignoring him. Even his own team mate doesn't really care anymore.

Not sure where I was reading this, but RB seem to be exerting a big influence on other companies that make their parts as well, and some teams are worried they're spending far more than others.

For instance, Renault is supposed to have tuned engines for RB to conform to their mappings.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back