Formula 1-fi (Read the First Post!)
Oct 8, 2013 at 6:07 PM Post #586 of 3,854
  My favorite quotes of the race:

Engineer: You're faster than Kimi - you can can pass him.
 Grosjean: No I can't!
etysmile.gif

Yeah!  I laughed.

hZLgRQe.gif  Flat spot infrared tire gif, that I don't know how to make visible.

Oct 9, 2013 at 11:18 AM Post #587 of 3,854
Has anyone read this?

http://jalopnik.com/red-bull-may-have-invented-a-secret-new-hybrid-technolo-1442585020/@gmanaugh

They're claiming Red Bull may be using some kind of traction control, obviously its not the type banned in F1, but probably uses the KERS in some way. There's some explanation in the article.

The suspicion was raised to higher levels especially Vettel's 32 second lead in the Singapore race.

Not sure if its true or not, but there's certainly a chance.

Oct 9, 2013 at 12:06 PM Post #588 of 3,854
  Fun race, minus Seb
rolleyes.gif

What stood out to me as I watched it:
  1.  I'm afraid it's time for Di Resta to take a bit of a break from F1. Maybe after 3 driver error DNFs in 4 races people will stop going on about him like he's the next Vettel.
  2.  Why, Sutil? What a strange mistake.
  3.  Both Force India's spinning in a straight line? Kinda weird
  4. ...
  5.  Hamilton on Hulk :D

Lewis: Anybody have an idea?

I'd like to think that di Resta is better than these rookie mistakes, but it sure looks bad.  After he spun out at Korea, I recalled the pre-race tv commentary (Sky or BBC) where it was asserted that the Silverstone fiasco led to significant changes in the tyre behavior, that caused some teams to benefit (Sauber), and others to founder (Force India).  That Sutil spun out soon afterwards also hints that Force India is struggling rather than just Paul, I hope.

This idea is consistent with Lewis's great radio transmissions about Nico "his traction is unreal" Hulkenberg.  Also, Perez's tyre failure at Korea was much safer than the ones at Silverstone.

Oct 14, 2013 at 7:44 PM Post #597 of 3,854
Changing his pitstop strategy was Red Bull's way of handing the win to that cretin Vettel.

How can you win when even your own team is against you.

It's bad enough when you have to follow team orders, while your team-mate flouts them.

And then he is rewarded for beink a skunk by getting preferential treatment.

Good guys may finish behind the heels, but at least they have clean consciences.

Oops, sorry, I forgot.  Ratbags don't have a conscience.

Oct 14, 2013 at 10:39 PM Post #598 of 3,854
Changing his pitstop strategy was Red Bull's way of handing the win to that cretin Vettel.

How can you win when even your own team is against you.

Afterwards, Christian Horner said it was decided during the first stint. Mark killed the tires. They did what they could to get him passed Grossjeans, but it didn't happen fast enough.

And there's this:

http://www1.skysports.com/f1/news/12475/8971917/red-bull-say-mark-webber-would-have-been-free-to-have-run-at-sebastian-vettel-in-japan

Oct 15, 2013 at 12:25 AM Post #599 of 3,854
You may believe that, but I find it a load of hogwash to soft-soap getting Vettel to win the championship as early as possible....

Oct 15, 2013 at 4:28 AM Post #600 of 3,854
I don't believe so it's just that Vettel is better with the tires and with some help with traffic enough to beat mark even when he get a decent start and for once a better pace. Vettel has already won the wc and rb want the constructors which is much more important :)

I don't see why you should feel sorry for mark. These days everyone want to sit in a blue car. Even more so then a red lol.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back