Formula 1-fi (Read the First Post!)
Oct 15, 2013 at 8:31 AM Post #601 of 3,854
I don't believe so it's just that Vettel is better with the tires and with some help with traffic enough to beat mark even when he get a decent start and for once a better pace. Vettel has already won the wc and rb want the constructors which is much more important :)

I don't see why you should feel sorry for mark. These days everyone want to sit in a blue car. Even more so then a red lol.

Now it seems to have become a pattern in F1. One team starts to win, and then dominates for a few years, until there's a regulation change.
I just hope Vettel gets to try some other car to see what his driving skills are worth, maybe it'll be a repeat of Schumacher.

Still, Ferrari seem to have the better drivers for next year, and given the changes next season, its going to be interesting.

Oct 15, 2013 at 10:38 AM Post #603 of 3,854
  2014: A lap with the new Mercedes-Benz V6

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=ebpkJXJ7CFo

Sound wise not too different is it? The turbo will add a nice whistle.

Oct 15, 2013 at 8:11 PM Post #604 of 3,854
Hi there,

I'm new to this forum and frankly I did not expect to find fellow F1 fans here lol

McLaren fan here, though have to say, not this year, plus I've been astonished by the Red Bulls for the past few years...

Oct 16, 2013 at 4:39 AM Post #606 of 3,854
  I wonder if they will be as loud as this year's engines.  

Looks like.

1.5L V6 engines have been used previously, in the 80s.

I think there are a couple of youtube videos that compare the V8 sound with the V10. It doesn't seem to be all that different. The RPM ranges at which F1 engines work result in almost similar sounds.

Oct 16, 2013 at 5:51 AM Post #607 of 3,854

Looks like.

1.5L V6 engines have been used previously, in the 80s.

I think there are a couple of youtube videos that compare the V8 sound with the V10. It doesn't seem to be all that different. The RPM ranges at which F1 engines work result in almost similar sounds.

The problem is not only the matter of degraded power, but it's the major change of aerodynamic regulations. Car's would be smaller, front & rear wing would have to be slimmer, and exhaust can't be angled towards rear spoiler/monkey seat anymore... In short, V8 era have less power, but arguably more downforce than V10, but V6 would have both less power and downforce

Oct 24, 2013 at 9:08 PM Post #609 of 3,854
Looks like Bernie is trying to do damage control over RB's runaway 4 years of dominance.

Vettel even better than Senna - Ecclestone

Bleh.
sick.gif

Oct 27, 2013 at 5:38 PM Post #612 of 3,854
Congrats Vettel well deserved WC IV.

Oct 27, 2013 at 7:01 PM Post #614 of 3,854

Pretty much every single race his car dies.. it's gone past the frustrating point to now just being hilarious.. bet he's looking forward to collecting his pay-cheque and getting the hell out of there.

Let's just hope Webber's fellow Australian Ricciardo doesn't get the same mishaps.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back