Formula 1-fi (Read the First Post!)
Mar 8, 2013 at 6:21 AM Post #106 of 3,854
One week to go. Ya baby!

So now that we have an F1 thread, should we agree to avoid posting anything in here that discusses the results of qualy and race WITHOUT using the spoiler /spoiler tags until a full day (Monday) after the race?

[spoiler ="It's not so much that I want to read the thread during race weekends..."] but I don't want to see results pop up in last post previews on the forum list view. I had two races ruined for me last year by just such an occurrence on another board.

[/spoiler]

Just a thought.

For anyone who hasn't used them you just type:

Mar 8, 2013 at 4:36 PM Post #108 of 3,854
Quote:
Excellent idea. I just updated the first post to reflect these guidelines. 

Also, who's everyone rooting for this year? I'm rooting for Kimi! 

Rooting for Lewis here!

Mar 8, 2013 at 7:33 PM Post #110 of 3,854
Can't wait for the season to start. As a Finn i'm especially interested to see how Bottas does in Williams.
Outside of that there are interesting dynamics brought by the Lewis + Merc move and how will McLaren fare with Button and [size=small]Perez. All i ask is [/size][size=small]Red Bull not to be dominant. [/size]

[size=small]Just secured my ticket to [/size]Circuit de Catalunya and while at it going to my first FC Barcelona game at Camp Nou in May. Can't wait!! 

Mar 9, 2013 at 5:47 PM Post #111 of 3,854
Quote:
I'm more excited for Sergio. He managed to finish 8th on his first ever race 2 years ago, I'm thinking he could do a lot better now that he's in a McLaren.

Yeah, I'm excited to see what Sergio can do given the McLaren but I think we're going to see him play catch-up for a bit before he gets the hang of things and then we'll see what he can do. He's a capable driver as we saw last season and he's a sly devil at conserving his tires but the McLaren is a completely different beast compared to the Sauber he was driving last year.

Mar 10, 2013 at 9:34 AM Post #113 of 3,854
Same enthusiasm here pals!Another season coming for this great circus,Go Ferrari,Go!
biggrin.gif

Mar 10, 2013 at 10:56 AM Post #114 of 3,854
I find it hilarious that Lewis and Fernando have been continuously taking the p!ss with Seb since Brazil last year, straight through the off season, all the way to this year's opener, by repeating that the other is the best/fastest/biggest threat on the grid.

"Talking about a rivalry with Jenson doesn't really excite me, the rivalry with Fernando excites me more," Hamilton, who partnered Alonso at McLaren in 2007, told The Mail on Sunday. "He's the guy I want to beat. You also want to beat Seb [Vettel], as they are the ones with most titles. But Alonso's the fastest driver I can see. He's also one of the most experienced. ... Anyone would struggle to beat him. You've got to try and stay ahead of him in a Ferrari that's competitive. That's going to be a real challenge."​

- - -​

"Why do I say Hamilton is the strongest? Because it's what I think, it's my personal opinion and there is nothing political in that," said Alonso. "Lewis has always won races ever since he has been in Formula 1, even in years like 2009, when he had started the season with a car that was two seconds off the quickest. ... When you look at what happens on track, you are well aware of what he is doing, that's a fact. Last year, Rosberg won in China, therefore I expect that this year, Lewis in a Mercedes can win more than one race."​

- - -​

"Fernando, for me, is more accurate," the Englishman told The Daily Telegraph in November. "He hits all the apexes Sebastian misses four apexes on a single lap and still goes quickest. ... Fernando didn't have a great car at the start of the year and he still managed to score some great, great points. He's been massively consistent. That was the consistency I wanted to get, but he toppled mine and just kept on going and going."

:D I love the games the lads like to play.

Mar 11, 2013 at 8:29 AM Post #116 of 3,854
Not really. That is Kimi. Look at the fastest lap statistics and how he performs against his team mates. Alonso rate quite low in hot lap potential but can compensate a bit with the race pace. Lewis as a newbie was quicker then Alonso everyone seem to have forgotten that.

Kimi, Lewis, sebastian Vettel, Alonso and Button in that order I would say overall of those lucky to sit in fast cars. I´ts really impossible to judge driver performance in F1 since so much is about the car though.

Mar 11, 2013 at 5:36 PM Post #119 of 3,854
Quote:
Not really. That is Kimi. Look at the fastest lap statistics and how he performs against his team mates. Alonso rate quite low in hot lap potential but can compensate a bit with the race pace. Lewis as a newbie was quicker then Alonso everyone seem to have forgotten that.

And that's when it really counts.  Don't get me wrong, I'm a Kimi fan first.

And Lewis is fast, we all know this!

I can't wait for the weekend to get here!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back