Formula 1-fi (Read the First Post!)
Feb 7, 2013 at 10:26 AM Post #76 of 3,854
It's hard to read much into these first days of running - Rosberg has the second quickest today. We won't know the true pace of these cars (especially the top teams) until Q3 in Melbourne. It's pretty interesting though, watching the live commentary feeds and the timing feed you posted. Can't wait for Sky's coverage of the 2nd test.

Feb 15, 2013 at 4:00 PM Post #77 of 3,854
To combine the two hobbies (F1 and 2 ears)

Feb 19, 2013 at 4:19 AM Post #80 of 3,854
Quote:

Now, that's a different look.

Wonder if they forgot to replace the nose between impact testing and launch.

biggrin.gif

Feb 19, 2013 at 2:16 PM Post #83 of 3,854
Quote:
Now, that's a different look.

Wonder if they forgot to replace the nose between impact testing and launch.

I think it's the angle, cause it looks like it's all there just that the photo was taken from slightly behind the side profile of the nose.

They made mention of the Coanda Effect, I had to look that up.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Coandă_effect

Feb 19, 2013 at 9:48 PM Post #84 of 3,854
Apparently they are trying something different this year.

"The wraps came off the new charger at Barcelona ahead of the first day of the second winter test with its distinctive and radically-different 'sawn-off nose' design concept immediately drawing gasps of surprise from the assembled press corps, before the car was swiftly covered back up and wheeled into the garage.

According to the team, over 80% of the FW35 is new compared to the race-winning FW34.
"​

They also have a two element exhaust outlet which many are predicting will be considered illegal when they get to Melbourne.

I love Ted's notebooks from these testing days. "God, look how thin his legs are ... amazing". And exchanging swears with van der Garde.
Ted cracks me up. :D

Feb 22, 2013 at 2:40 AM Post #86 of 3,854
Quote:
Apparently they are trying something different this year.

"The wraps came off the new charger at Barcelona ahead of the first day of the second winter test with its distinctive and radically-different 'sawn-off nose' design concept immediately drawing gasps of surprise from the assembled press corps, before the car was swiftly covered back up and wheeled into the garage.

According to the team, over 80% of the FW35 is new compared to the race-winning FW34.
"

They also have a two element exhaust outlet which many are predicting will be considered illegal when they get to Melbourne.

I love Ted's notebooks from these testing days. "God, look how thin his legs are ... amazing". And exchanging swears with van der Garde.
Ted cracks me up.
biggrin.gif

The FIA confirmed their exhaust is indeed illegal, along with Caterham's exhaust setup yesterday.

Yes! I LOVE Ted's notebook segments. His really laid-back approach really makes it fun to watch. I loved the Monza (I think it was Monza) Ted's Notebook section when he commented on a lady's dress while he was walking around.

Feb 22, 2013 at 5:21 PM Post #87 of 3,854
Here's his from Day 3 at Barcelona: http://www.dailymotion.com/video/xxomic_ted-s-notebook-barcelona-test-1-day-3_auto#.USfo1444SeW

Feb 24, 2013 at 12:37 PM Post #88 of 3,854
Ehi guys i found out lurking on the net that McLaren had create ,along Vodafone (I assume),a tribute website for Ayrton Senna.in case some of us being curious about and willing to type a few word about this Great Pilot and Person.
Vodafone McLaren Mercedes: Memories of Senna

Users who are viewing this thread

Back