Formula 1-fi (Read the First Post!)
Feb 5, 2013 at 5:04 PM Post #61 of 3,854

cool.gif

Feb 6, 2013 at 3:29 PM Post #64 of 3,854
A finnish F1 fan here 
cool.gif
. I have actually been lucky enough to go into the "VIP" section on top of the pit. My dad had a job and the corporation wich he was working for was sponsoring williams so i managed to get into the pits and meet the drivers and everything, it was just FANTASTIC, i was in spa francorchamps (belgium 2 times), monza, abu dhabi and hockenheim. 
beerchug.gif
 and i actually know Kimi personally, i have been in his yacht and house couple of times, REALLYY chill out guy, very typical finn 
tongue.gif

Feb 6, 2013 at 7:44 PM Post #65 of 3,854
Quote:
A finnish F1 fan here 
cool.gif
. I have actually been lucky enough to go into the "VIP" section on top of the pit. My dad had a job and the corporation wich he was working for was sponsoring williams so i managed to get into the pits and meet the drivers and everything, it was just FANTASTIC, i was in spa francorchamps (belgium 2 times), monza, abu dhabi and hockenheim. 
beerchug.gif
 and i actually know Kimi personally, i have been in his yacht and house couple of times, REALLYY chill out guy, very typical finn 
tongue.gif

Do you drive in any competitive events? Is it true you have weekend rally races in Finland? How long does it take for you to get you driving license?

Sorry but I just want to know what they said in Top gear is true or not.

Feb 6, 2013 at 8:45 PM Post #66 of 3,854
It is stuff like this (and fighter jets and space vehicles) that make me have hope for the future of the human species. If we can do all *that* just for sport, what can't we accomplish?? :)

Feb 6, 2013 at 10:09 PM Post #68 of 3,854
Quote:
A finnish F1 fan here 
cool.gif
beerchug.gif
tongue.gif

Is it true that Kimi's a very talkative person once he gets out of the racing mindset? I'm wondering if what David Coulthard said was true.

Feb 6, 2013 at 10:28 PM Post #69 of 3,854
Quote:

Is it true that Kimi's a very talkative person once he gets out of the racing mindset? I'm wondering if what David Coulthard said was true.

If by "getting out of racing mindset" you mean drunk, then I think its possible.

Feb 6, 2013 at 10:41 PM Post #70 of 3,854
I read that he loves taking the pi$$ out of photographers and is all smiles and jokes until the camera comes out and then puts on the emotionless straight face. He's hilarious.

On another note, I'm usually able to tell drivers by helmet but ...

C'mon guys, work with us here. I think at speed it's going to be a bit of a challenge.

vs

Apparently Lewis will have the red roll hoop camera ... but still not very useful when viewing from that camera.

Feb 6, 2013 at 11:32 PM Post #71 of 3,854
I look forward to another exciting F1 season. RB would still be very strong. With McLaren losing Hamilton, they won't be as good as last season. Lotus should pick up some momentum. If Ferrari has a consistent car they would be a strong contender. And Mercedes just landed an aggressive driver.

Feb 6, 2013 at 11:52 PM Post #72 of 3,854
Quote:
Do you drive in any competitive events? Is it true you have weekend rally races in Finland? How long does it take for you to get you driving license?

Sorry but I just want to know what they said in Top gear is true or not.

We have weekend rally events, we call them "jokkis" thats the one in top gear where they drove with those bad looking old crappy "rally" cars. You have to be old enough to see over the steering wheel and reach the pedals 
cool.gif
 (i have driven couple of jokkis races). Then we also have "real" rally events. Its what we call F-Cup, anyone can participate you just need a F-cup certified rally car (could be BME M3 or Suzuki swift) and a drivers license, but they look and go (almost) like real rally cars, its great fun to watch those races. And we also have lot more motorsport events, its in our blood 
redface.gif

<-- typical F-Cup rally car.

Quote:

Yes...he talk very much when he gets a bottle of beer 
tongue.gif
 and some good company around him.

Feb 7, 2013 at 12:06 AM Post #73 of 3,854
Quote:

We have weekend rally events, we call them "jokkis" thats the one in top gear where they drove with those bad looking old crappy "rally" cars. You have to be old enough to see over the steering wheel and reach the pedals 
cool.gif
 (i have driven couple of jokkis races). Then we also have "real" rally events. Its what we call F-Cup, anyone can participate you just need a F-cup certified rally car (could be BME M3 or Suzuki swift) and a drivers license, but they look and go (almost) like real rally cars, its great fun to watch those races. And we also have lot more motorsport events, its in our blood 
redface.gif

<-- typical F-Cup rally car.

Thats really cool having a sporting culture. I'm hoping it definitely helps with daily driving as well, if everyone is a good driver.

Quote:

Yes...he talk very much when he gets a bottle of beer 
tongue.gif
 and some good company around him.

Yeah, he's well  famous for his antics when drunk!

Feb 7, 2013 at 12:20 AM Post #74 of 3,854
Quote:

Thats really cool having a sporting culture. I'm hoping it definitely helps with daily driving as well, if everyone is a good driver.

Yea generally finnish people are good drivers (especially the men side of things), but there are few exeptions......it doesnt matter what kind of surface we are on (snow, tarmac, gravel, water) we always find a vehicle wich has motor in it and goes fast 
cool.gif

<-- snow mobile (ITS SO MUCH FUN!!!)

<--- boat racing in finnish archipelago

Feb 7, 2013 at 10:08 AM Post #75 of 3,854
Just read this, "The fastest time by a 2012 car at this test last year was a 1'18.419 by Grosjean. Massa's beaten that with a 1'17.879 today."

Users who are viewing this thread

Back