Formula 1-fi (Read the First Post!)
Feb 24, 2013 at 6:43 PM Post #91 of 3,854
Indeed.. This is an old video. I think its from last year when Red Bull were States side promoting themselves and the NJ GP.

Sounds awful on my HE500's though :)

Feb 24, 2013 at 7:18 PM Post #92 of 3,854
Quote:
Indeed.. This is an old video. I think its from last year when Red Bull were States side promoting themselves and the NJ GP.

Actually I meant that in an awesome way not bad as in not good.
smile.gif
  RB would not be easy to beat, driver wise and team wise. They just don't make many mistakes as a team.

Feb 24, 2013 at 11:38 PM Post #93 of 3,854

The F1 engine boys have been milking that party piece for a while. Search for 'f1 engine anthem' on youtube to hear versions for various countries.

Man, I hope Red Bull and Macca aren't massively sandbagging it thus far (they most certainly are at least a little). This could be a fun year.

Edit: Speaking of the F1 engine boys...

Haven't even made it to T3 and the controversy starts a swirling.

'Engine maps' trouble for Red Bull, Lotus - report

I love F1. :D

Feb 27, 2013 at 3:36 AM Post #94 of 3,854
Jenson Button (speaking last year about how upset he was that Hamilton had elected to jump ship) - "I'm not disappointed because there's always change. ... I'd be disappointed if Paddy Lowe moved from the team because that's the guy who's going to help me achieve in the future. Whereas with Lewis, drivers come and go and people change, and that's pretty normal in the sport."

- That's a tiny bit funny. :D

Feb 27, 2013 at 6:24 AM Post #95 of 3,854
I think Lowe will be a big loss for McLaren. Mercedes certainly seem to be taking all the right steps to ensure success in the future; securing one of the best drivers on the grid and now four former technical directors. I'm looking forward to seeing the 2014 car already! 

Feb 27, 2013 at 5:48 PM Post #97 of 3,854
Suttil had a few really fast moments last year.

The engine maps is a funny thing.  If they were never told it's NOT the same (as the August 2012 directive), why would they think it would be different?

Feb 27, 2013 at 10:13 PM Post #98 of 3,854
He was never that engaging as a driver, and after the GBH incident I'm amazed Force India wants to be associated with that image. I guess money in hand trumps reputation.

I'd like to see what Bianchi can do. Actually, I'd rather see Heikki in that seat.

Feb 28, 2013 at 8:07 AM Post #100 of 3,854
"Some rumours emerging in the Finnish press that Heikki Kovalainen is in negotiations with Marussia."
- by william.esler

That would go some way to taking the pay-driver tarnish off of this year.
(Ya, I know it has always been part of the sport.)

Mar 1, 2013 at 3:41 AM Post #101 of 3,854
Yes! I LOVE Ted's notebook segments. His really laid-back approach really makes it fun to watch. I loved the Monza (I think it was Monza) Ted's Notebook section when he commented on a lady's dress while he was walking around.

His T3-Day 1 notebook is brilliant - insults gingers, 'checks out' Lee McKenzie, elicits 'lovely waves' from everybody, and "I always want to put my finger on this greasy bit" ... :D

Ted may be the best bit of F1 these days.

Mar 2, 2013 at 11:50 PM Post #103 of 3,854
It sounds like Lotus, even though a top team, may be struggling a bit for funding:

Of course, Grosjean was not the only driver to gain unexpected track time. Valsecchi completed 16 laps in the morning, having been handed only 15 minutes' notice.

"It was a really good surprise this morning because Kimi had some problem and his physical trainer said he was not fit enough to drive, so the team decided to use me," said the GP2 Champion, who wore Raikkonen's crash helmet.

"I use everything from Raikkonen," he added. "Seat, overalls, shoes, pants, socks. Only the underwear was missing!"

:eek:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back