Formula 1-fi (Read the First Post!)
Dec 18, 2016 at 10:49 AM Post #3,121 of 3,854
Dec 18, 2016 at 4:48 PM Post #3,122 of 3,854
Anyone know any details on SCUD's veto rights? Like, how many vetos-per-year are they allowed to throw, or the maximum significance of the rules change which can be veto'ed?

Dec 18, 2016 at 5:31 PM Post #3,123 of 3,854
  Anyone know any details on SCUD's veto rights? Like, how many vetos-per-year are they allowed to throw, or the maximum significance of the rules change which can be veto'ed?

My understanding is there is no limit. Or in other words "No means No"

Dec 18, 2016 at 5:55 PM Post #3,124 of 3,854
If we cut the fundings to SCUD they might agree :D

Dec 18, 2016 at 7:44 PM Post #3,125 of 3,854
  If we cut the fundings to SCUD they might agree :D

That is one of the things I will be curious about with the new American Masters. Fair play and all I cannot see them leaving the SCUD in control of the whole show. A few billion bucks to them might just lead them to believe they are actually in charge:)

On another note. I have just been re reading "The Unfair Advantage" after far too long. Donohue recounts his time in the MacLaren M16B champ car when he and Gary Bettenhausen were running for Penske iat Indy  Identical set ups and yet Donohue kept losing engines (7)while Bettenhausen never lost a single one. No conspiracy theories ever surfaced over that one.

Some great stories about he and Penske dealing with the SCUD over the 512 as well
biggrin.gif

.....Meanwhile.............The MacLaren pogrom continues. So just about everyone there who ever said "Hi Ron" while passing on the way to the loo is being purged. I wonder who will show up to the first GP next year?

Jan 9, 2017 at 3:33 PM Post #3,126 of 3,854
https://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/127686/williams-puzzled-by-pay-driver-slurs

Gee Claire. Would it perhaps have anything to do with the fact that Lance has shown nowhere near the talent of Verstappen and Williams financial decline is the butt of most pit lane jokes leading people to believe you hung out a sign "Seat for rent, will sell Bottas for food stamps"?

Interesting Honda finally goes with the split turbine scenario for the new motor. Is size zero caput now that Ronbo is off planting Germaniums:wink:

Jan 9, 2017 at 4:07 PM Post #3,127 of 3,854
Felix Rosenqvist should get a spot in one of the top teams. He was the only one able to compete with simracers on their home turf in the Vegas E-race. Finishing second aftersome controversy. They have a stupid thing called fan boost in Formula E. Supposed to get it for some 6 seconds but Olli who won the race got it for 6 laps. Later demoted to 3rd. Shown he can win in every car he tried so far. Time to get to try F1 as well :D

Jan 9, 2017 at 4:39 PM Post #3,128 of 3,854
  Felix Rosenqvist should get a spot in one of the top teams. He was the only one able to compete with simracers on their home turf in the Vegas E-race. Finishing second aftersome controversy. They have a stupid thing called fan boost in Formula E. Supposed to get it for some 6 seconds but Olli who won the race got it for 6 laps. Later demoted to 3rd. Shown he can win in every car he tried so far. Time to get to try F1 as well :D

I hear Trump is going to replace the SEALs with Call of Duty winners. They work for Doritos and can stay up for days on end
biggrin.gif

Jan 9, 2017 at 6:10 PM Post #3,129 of 3,854
No COD winners works for Doritos :p. As for simracing there isn´t a lot of price money so there it may be some :D

It would be really interesting to have a parallell championship. It´s the only way to make sure every driver have the same chance to win a race and it would say more then anything else how the drivers actually stack up against eachother. 

Jan 9, 2017 at 6:37 PM Post #3,130 of 3,854
  No COD winners works for Doritos :p. As for simracing there isn´t a lot of price money so there it may be some :D

It would be really interesting to have a parallell championship. It´s the only way to make sure every driver have the same chance to win a race and it would say more then anything else how the drivers actually stack up against eachother. 

Ah. Just use original IROC rules on F1. The drivers move between cars at each race. Cannot wait to see Alonso and Hamiltons reactions when they draw Manure on the Friday lottery:)

Jan 18, 2017 at 8:22 AM Post #3,131 of 3,854

I really want to see who gets this seat as it has potential to cause huge mayhem in the paddock. The one I would not like to see is the Bottas option as it would be effectively the death blow for Williams. Unless they got enough for him to run the team for a year but I doubt that would happen as the Wolff factor comes into play.

Oh well... 
rolleyes.gif

Jan 18, 2017 at 8:58 AM Post #3,132 of 3,854

Oh well... 
rolleyes.gif

Yeah. Massa coming out of retirement is nice for him but really his last season at Williams was no great shakes.  Bottas at Merc is good for him but with Vettel and Teflonso up for grabs at the end of this year it's going to be a cauldron for him.   I wonder if Lowe going back to Williams had any input on the overall deal?

Jan 18, 2017 at 9:39 AM Post #3,133 of 3,854
Yeah. Massa coming out of retirement is nice for him but really his last season at Williams was no great shakes.  Bottas at Merc is good for him but with Vettel and Teflonso up for grabs at the end of this year it's going to be a cauldron for him.   I wonder if Lowe going back to Williams had any input on the overall deal?

I've always found Bottas one of the more appealing personalities among F1 drivers. He races hard but doesn't come across as a ******. I expect there'll be a more clearly defined pecking order at Merc now though; he's got to be going there on the understanding that Lewis is unequivocally #1 don't you think? If that is the team's expectation of him, he might not be under quite so much pressure.

Jan 18, 2017 at 5:35 PM Post #3,134 of 3,854

I've always found Bottas one of the more appealing personalities among F1 drivers. He races hard but doesn't come across as a ******. I expect there'll be a more clearly defined pecking order at Merc now though; he's got to be going there on the understanding that Lewis is unequivocally #1 don't you think? If that is the team's expectation of him, he might not be under quite so much pressure.

Certainly they do not owe him the debt they did Rosberg who was incumbent before Lew's arrival. Bottas indeed does seem one of the less dramatic off track personalities on the grid and perhaps that will hold him in good stead there. I still think the pressure will be intense on him particularly in qualifying sessions. I will be interested to see how that winds up spicing up the front end of the races this year.

Jan 19, 2017 at 5:21 AM Post #3,135 of 3,854
Bottas will run eights around Hamilton considering Hamilton lost to the worst driver on the grid last year :D.

I do hope they will get an equal car and there is no ******** in the contract. But this is motorsport so it´s not likely. New reglement so Hamiltons edge being in a familiar setup will be less then it would otherwise.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back