Formula 1-fi (Read the First Post!)
Oct 27, 2014 at 6:18 AM Post #1,396 of 3,854

The current structure only hurts the small teams. Audi ain't one of those. With revenue of 10 times what Red Bull has at their disposal (and about 7 times the profit) they could easily afford the same level of investment RBR has backing it - and that's been shown to be plenty. If Audi joined F1, they wouldn't be joining to get a bit of exposure and make up the numbers - they'd be joining to dominate F1 like they have Les Mans and, perhaps just as importantly, show up Mercedes in the process.

What I meant was Formula One Strategy Group, Only five teams have a say in the running of Formula One.I think they will also force out Force India and Sauber and maybe Lotus. Why would Audi join if it has no say.

Oct 27, 2014 at 2:12 PM Post #1,398 of 3,854
I feel bad for Kamui - I genuinely like the guy.

Alonso + Dennis still seems like such a big stretch to me. If Ron goes, then I could see it happening. The thing about Audi is that they have already nabbed Dominecali, plus after winning everything for 15 years in LeMans the only way to get headlines is when you do poorly - ask Renault about their 90's F1 campaign - so maybe we will see them on the grid. BUT does Alonso have enough time left to get an Audi F1 team up to the point of being competitive? Look how long it took Merc. Maybe he'll do it if they give him an eight year contract
biggrin.gif

To take your argument and turn it round look at Merc, exactly. Buy a team staff it and bring in a waning WDC to Shepard the whole thing. They (Audi) would be following the Merc blueprint to a tee.

I don't see Alonso as that kind of altruist though. He's desperate for a third WDC and I suspect that's all that is on his mind. Well that and the outrageous advice I'm sure Flav is giving him.

I sure don't see Ron burying the hatchet. So Mac is an unlikely story. Then again it is Alonso, who seems to be able to sabotage his own career at any given time.

Oct 30, 2014 at 2:55 PM Post #1,399 of 3,854
Big weekend! Sounds like Marussia and Caterham aren't there.... oops.

Anyone else feel like the double points in the final race is going to ruin this great championship battle?

Oct 30, 2014 at 6:05 PM Post #1,400 of 3,854
Sure, why not double the points.

Just make it a 4 hour race with refueling:)

Nov 2, 2014 at 6:05 AM Post #1,401 of 3,854
  Sure, why not double the points.

Just make it a 4 hour race with refueling:)

Yeah it´s a good way to keep the championship living a bit longer.

But they should make it a more demanding endurance race. Though do they have the apparatus for refueling. Adding costs I guess and f1 teams is going bankrupt left and right as it is already.

Nov 2, 2014 at 5:57 PM Post #1,402 of 3,854
Rosberg now mathematically needs misfortune on Hamilton's side of the garage to take the title. He cannot win on merit alone.

... as if he was going to anyway
evil_smiley.gif

Nov 2, 2014 at 6:27 PM Post #1,404 of 3,854
  Rosberg now mathematically needs misfortune on Hamilton's side of the garage to take the title. He cannot win on merit alone.

?

If Rosberg wins the last two races, even if Hamilton comes second in Brazil but third in Abu Dhabii, Rosberg takes the title.

Does that count as misfortune?
Edit: I should have stayed in bed 
blink.gif

Nov 3, 2014 at 4:23 PM Post #1,407 of 3,854
Why is double points stupid? If it wasn´t for that Hamilton could just cruise the last two races at this point.

But yes it would be very surprising if Hamilton with his current form let this championship run through the fingers. But the car can always fail of course :)

Nov 3, 2014 at 5:25 PM Post #1,408 of 3,854
  Why is double points stupid?

Why not treble points?
Or ten times the points?
That would guarantee it went down to the last race - for those people who need the championship to be in doubt to be interested. Could regard the first 18 races as practice for the "Grand Final".

Nov 3, 2014 at 6:05 PM Post #1,409 of 3,854
Triple points would be good if Hamilton win next race :wink:

Nov 3, 2014 at 6:15 PM Post #1,410 of 3,854
  Why not treble points?
Or ten times the points?
That would guarantee it went down to the last race - for those people who need the championship to be in doubt to be interested. Could regard the first 18 races as practice for the "Grand Final".

Bag it all! Bernie and his "add excitement" schemes. Yea, double up the points so it's mathematically possible to keep the championship alive a little longer. Some how that wasn't a problem when Raikkonen scraped in by a point or when Hamilton lost by a point. Dumbass system to double down on one race, and if it is to be that way it should be doubled on a random race during the year and not announced until AFTER the race is over.

I'd much better like them start handing out demerit points instead of grid and drive through penalties. Make it like a real drivers license. Speeding in the pit lane 1 championship point. Dangerous driving -5 and so on. Take them from both the driver and constructors championships and that might actually make a difference in the whole picture.:)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back