Formula 1-fi (Read the First Post!)
Oct 13, 2014 at 12:09 AM Post #1,366 of 3,854
  He was in the podium prep room, everybody shaking his hand; Hamilton looked at him and walked away 
bigsmile_face.gif

(he did shake later though )

Had him confused with Britney no doubt:wink:

Oct 13, 2014 at 12:32 AM Post #1,367 of 3,854
Turn 3 is pretty sweet but the rest is kinda meh.

I don't like spoilers and just avoid the threads as best I can. The thread previews get me sometimes. Ruins it.

Yes I never visit the race threads before I seen the race because it´s very likely it contains spoilers of the race from those watching it before me. . Don´t think you can expect people to use spoiler tags hours after the race just make it harder to read. Kind of hinders the debate quite a bit also :).
Rrrrrrevolution!

Oct 14, 2014 at 12:31 PM Post #1,368 of 3,854
I always watch tape delayed (usually at least a day after the fact) so I avoid forums (and media, friends, family, etc) on race weekends.

I liked the track more than I expected. Unfortunately the tire choice made the race a snoozefest. For everyone banging on about how F1 was better during the tire wars and refueling - well there you go - Sochi. I hope Pirelli rethinks some of their tire choices for the last races.

Oct 14, 2014 at 8:37 PM Post #1,369 of 3,854
I always watch tape delayed (usually at least a day after the fact) so I avoid forums (and media, friends, family, etc) on race weekends.

I liked the track more than I expected. Unfortunately the tire choice made the race a snoozefest. For everyone banging on about how F1 was better during the tire wars and refueling - well there you go - Sochi. I hope Pirelli rethinks some of their tire choices for the last races.

I'll bet theres more than one team rewatching Rosbergs run and going hmmmmm.

Oct 15, 2014 at 5:17 AM Post #1,370 of 3,854
He was on hard tires no team had big problems with that compound. Mercedes pace is no secret to anyone anymore but yes obviously Pirelli was to conservative this time around. Can´t really blame them from the ****storm they got for making funny tires that explode last season. Of course a safety concern but anyway.

Must be really nice as a racing driver though to actually be able to push without always having to think about the tires.

Oct 15, 2014 at 5:23 AM Post #1,371 of 3,854
  He was on hard tires no team had big problems with that compound. Mercedes pace is no secret to anyone anymore but yes obviously Pirelli was to conservative this time around. Can´t really blame them from the ****storm they got for making funny tires that explode last season. Of course a safety concern but anyway.

Must be really nice as a racing driver though to actually be able to push without always having to think about the tires.

But instead they would need to think about fuel 
tongue.gif

Oct 19, 2014 at 5:01 AM Post #1,372 of 3,854
Cool to see this thread on Head-Fi. I'm very new to the sport, I just started watching Formula 1 this year, my first real foray into any kind of motorsport and I'm incredibly into it. Which is nice because I typically do not enjoy other motorsports I've seen. I started watching around Silverstone I think, and I guess it's cliche but I really like Lewis Hamilton. I'm still learning and trying to understand aspects of the sport but I guess it was a sign that I was really into this sport and will not be giving it up when I was so stressed out and worried after the Bianchi crash that I could not sleep.

In case anybody is wondering, I only got into the sport because a couple duders from a gaming website I love, Giantbomb, have a random F1 podcast (Alt+F1) and my desire to listen to them more caused me to go ahead and watch F1. And, of course, I happened to love it. :]

Oct 19, 2014 at 11:50 AM Post #1,373 of 3,854
Cool to see this thread on Head-Fi. I'm very new to the sport, I just started watching Formula 1 this year, my first real foray into any kind of motorsport and I'm incredibly into it. Which is nice because I typically do not enjoy other motorsports I've seen. I started watching around Silverstone I think, and I guess it's cliche but I really like Lewis Hamilton. I'm still learning and trying to understand aspects of the sport but I guess it was a sign that I was really into this sport and will not be giving it up when I was so stressed out and worried after the Bianchi crash that I could not sleep.

In case anybody is wondering, I only got into the sport because a couple duders from a gaming website I love, Giantbomb, have a random F1 podcast (Alt+F1) and my desire to listen to them more caused me to go ahead and watch F1. And, of course, I happened to love it. :]

Great !

Feel free to ask any question you might have laying around...

beerchug.gif

Oct 19, 2014 at 11:10 PM Post #1,374 of 3,854
... I guess it's cliche but I really like Lewis Hamilton. ...

No, not cliché, just indicative of higher intelligence and a profound understanding of what motorsport is supposed to be about. Congrats! :D

You picked a good year to get into the sport - so much going on despite a single team domninace. It will go down in the books as one of the more memorable.

Oct 20, 2014 at 5:10 AM Post #1,375 of 3,854
Can't really agree it's worse then the red bull era nothing is changing

Oct 20, 2014 at 8:59 AM Post #1,377 of 3,854
http://www.f1fanatic.co.uk/2014/10/20/2014-russian-grand-prix-recieves-one-lowest-ratings-ever/

Oct 20, 2014 at 9:33 AM Post #1,378 of 3,854
Well, we've had:

- 2 - 3 spectacular races
- good fighting in most races up and down the field.
- Bernie in the dock
- Monaco-gate
- new team announced
- Bernie out of the dock
- Spa-gate
- 3-4 major resignations
- surprise team switch by top driver
- maybe the best driver in the field looking for a ride
- a monsoon typhoon
- one team in receivership - likely leaving
- reliability issues affecting championship
- some seriously scary crashes
- brake failures affecting championship
- a fire affecting championship

- and Two ... that's right TWO drivers fighting tooth and nail for the championship all year long.

The fact that you may not like either driver, or that they race for the same team, or that you do not like that team is immaterial to the fact that the season has been a roller coaster of F1.

If Webber had been able to keep Vettel honest over the past 4 years F1 would have been a hell of a lot more enjoyable, even if RB still won everything.

Oct 20, 2014 at 10:52 AM Post #1,379 of 3,854
I am completely unbiased towards which mercedes win the races so I haven´t seen many spectacular races no. What is spectacular about having one absolutely superior car nobody can touch unless they suffer mechanical failures??? It´s not like it has been supertight otherwise either this season.

Watch Aussie V8 if you want some spectacular races :)

Oct 20, 2014 at 11:06 AM Post #1,380 of 3,854
  I am completely unbiased towards which mercedes win the races so I haven´t seen many spectacular races no. What is spectacular about having one absolutely superior car nobody can touch unless they suffer mechanical failures??? It´s not like it has been supertight otherwise either this season.

Watch Aussie V8 if you want some spectacular races :)

Well I mean, at least from what I've observed, there's plenty of battles outside of the top two during most races. Again, I'm new to the sport, but I've been watching Sky F1's coverage, and it seems like they're totally aware of this and spend most of their time in the 4-7 range, where there's a lot of good battles happening. I'm enjoying them.

No, not cliché, just indicative of higher intelligence and a profound understanding of what motorsport is supposed to be about....

You know, I suspected this might be the case!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back