Formula 1-fi (Read the First Post!)
Oct 9, 2014 at 5:04 AM Post #1,351 of 3,854
  Anybody who actually believes that being in a600kg  projectile traveling 340Kph in traffic is SAFE, needs their head examined.

I never said that it was SAFE, motorsports never is fully safe, but the cars are. Just look at the numbers, F1's the safest FIA-approved sport.

Sure, you can always go forward and improve safety, this last accident proves it.

Bad accidents can always happen, but these days it's been mostly because of some external elements. Bianchi hit a backhoe, Massa got a spring in his visor etc...

I'm pretty sure that Bianchi could've got out of the car on his own legs if he didn't hit the backhoe...

Drivers don't die of "pure" racing accidents nowadays.

Oct 9, 2014 at 5:42 AM Post #1,352 of 3,854
You do have a great point customcoco. I was thinking what about Senna? Time flies and that was more than 2 decades ago.

It just goes to show the effort gone in to making F1 safer has paid off.

But then we complain bout today's sportsmen not like the old days. Was worth laying your life on the line for your passion...not as much now.

I second that...not willing to die for my music...hehehe.

Oct 9, 2014 at 6:27 AM Post #1,353 of 3,854
the lemans monocoque cockpits have some seriously impressive track record and they are crash tested much harder then F1 cockpits. Wonder how such a F1 car would look like :).

Oct 11, 2014 at 8:04 AM Post #1,354 of 3,854
Guys,

Do you think Bottas would get pole if he didn't mess up the last 2 corners?

Oct 11, 2014 at 8:07 AM Post #1,355 of 3,854
Unfortunately not.
triportsad.gif

Oct 12, 2014 at 5:55 AM Post #1,357 of 3,854
Hamilton was slow last sector so if he could manage the tires and still have the same time after sector 2 he could have done it. But well the reason he went wide last corners was likely because he pushed to hard before so no in reality he couldn´t really. If Hamilton was to push for only two sectors he would be faster too.

To bad about Massa he is a brilliant hotlapper would be interesting to see what he could do.

Oct 12, 2014 at 1:19 PM Post #1,358 of 3,854
Yes the race was so booring there is nothing to comment on. Beside Mercedes is just as dominant as in the beginning of the season :p.

Crazy that Rosberg can throw his race like that and still steadilly take second place on ancient tires. And the fact Hamilton was only what 20 seconds faster before the parade to the finish show he put in the cruise control on lap 1 :wink:

Oct 12, 2014 at 2:30 PM Post #1,360 of 3,854
I was wondering why this thread rule just wasn't being followed. This time I did manage to watch F1 live on the BBC but lots of the time, the BBC don't show it live. I sometimes come here to talk about qualifying the day before because I thought that the race wouldn't get talked about until well after it had ended.

I was hoping someone would quote this rule again to remind people. I wasn't sure if I should have done it myself as I haven't said a huge amount in this thread.

Oct 12, 2014 at 6:35 PM Post #1,362 of 3,854
I can't believe that egomaniac Putin actually handed out the first place trophy himself!

Oct 12, 2014 at 10:22 PM Post #1,363 of 3,854
  You can always watch it live on-line for free, just not the best quality. I find that talking about it a day or two after is just boring.

I'm with you on that. I find knowing the winner makes little difference to how much I enjoy the race. Particularly this year.

I can't believe that egomaniac Putin actually handed out the first place trophy himself!

Well.it is HIS country:)

I cannot believe that an egomaniac like him would let a track be built that is so boring it looks like it was a third rate exhibition ground track, oh wait, it is. Not impressed with the venue one little bit.

Oct 12, 2014 at 10:31 PM Post #1,364 of 3,854
Turn 3 is pretty sweet but the rest is kinda meh.

I don't like spoilers and just avoid the threads as best I can. The thread previews get me sometimes. Ruins it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back