Formula 1-fi (Read the First Post!)
Nov 10, 2014 at 2:43 PM Post #1,426 of 3,854
Should be plenty of team battles hopefully :) 

If Ferrari wouldn´t mess Kimi up as usual he might have been able to hold off for this one even though he was on the wrong strategy.

Nov 10, 2014 at 11:21 PM Post #1,429 of 3,854
  I'm hoping neither Nico or Lewis retire in the next race and put up a good fight til the end.

If neither retires nor having mechanical problems I don't think Nico have a chance at winning the title. Even if Nico wins and Lewis comes 2nd, Lewis would still win the title by 3 points.

Nov 11, 2014 at 12:04 AM Post #1,430 of 3,854

If neither retires nor having mechanical problems I don't think Nico have a chance at winning the title. Even if Nico wins and Lewis comes 2nd, Lewis would still win the title by 3 points.

The real wildcard here for those two is the year end mechanical supply. Who has the strongest engine / transmission left after the whole seasons running? Could make for quite an eye opener in qualifying. If someone had to take a grid penalty it would add some serious spice to the whole event.

Nov 11, 2014 at 2:39 PM Post #1,431 of 3,854
Both Rosberg and Hamilton should focus on not winning the qualy but just do enough to come second. Just like in the race neither of those would want to lead the race unless they can do it without pressure from behind :)

Nov 11, 2014 at 9:03 PM Post #1,432 of 3,854
  Both Rosberg and Hamilton should focus on not winning the qualy but just do enough to come second. Just like in the race neither of those would want to lead the race unless they can do it without pressure from behind :)

I think that would be a very risky strategy. The last thing you want to be is in the middle of the first lap crazies with a car thats light years faster than anyone around you. I mean look at Massa's record for the year, the Williams is easily in the "best of the rest " category and the entire grid has been using him for target practice. I mean I never was any kind of Massa fan but jesus noone should have to go through a season like his. Then look at the love shared with Kimi and Alonso, Button and Magnussen each trying to secure their seats, Ricciardo sticking it to Vettel at every turn, Maldonado who ever runs the risk of driving like Maldonado. Just way too much contention in the ranks for it to be safe for the WDC contenders to hang out there.

Hamster and Britney need to get well clear of the mob ASAP and let the second tier fight amongst themselves.

Nov 12, 2014 at 4:29 AM Post #1,434 of 3,854
The question I have is ...

was Piquet completely sozzled on the podium? What the hell was that?
confused_face(1).gif

What are you talking about ?

Nov 12, 2014 at 1:17 PM Post #1,438 of 3,854
I didn't even realize they were still together! They haven't shown her at the track for the longest time

Nov 12, 2014 at 1:36 PM Post #1,439 of 3,854
Nov 12, 2014 at 2:20 PM Post #1,440 of 3,854

I think that would be a very risky strategy. The last thing you want to be is in the middle of the first lap crazies with a car thats light years faster than anyone around you. I mean look at Massa's record for the year, the Williams is easily in the "best of the rest " category and the entire grid has been using him for target practice. I mean I never was any kind of Massa fan but jesus noone should have to go through a season like his. Then look at the love shared with Kimi and Alonso, Button and Magnussen each trying to secure their seats, Ricciardo sticking it to Vettel at every turn, Maldonado who ever runs the risk of driving like Maldonado. Just way too much contention in the ranks for it to be safe for the WDC contenders to hang out there.

Hamster and Britney need to get well clear of the mob ASAP and let the second tier fight amongst themselves.

It´s not really risky. Hamster and Nico would still be half a second faster then the Williams in race pace and it´s not like the Williams driver is so stupid they are actually racing Mercedes... That would mean they would have to ruin their soft tires after two laps and reduce the chance greatly for a good race result :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back