Formula 1-fi (Read the First Post!)
Nov 3, 2014 at 8:05 PM Post #1,412 of 3,854
I'm sure Bernie got a lot of money for making the last race in Abu Dhabi to have double points, and that's all he cared about...

Nov 4, 2014 at 1:14 AM Post #1,414 of 3,854

No poop. The whole point of it was to keep more drivers in contention to the end of the season. Didn't work at all now did it?

The only thing it does is put a guy who has one 40 percent as many races as the leader in a position of leapfrogging his way to the WDC at the last moment.

Then again that may be fitting as his old man almost became the only WDC to not win a race in his championship year.

Nov 6, 2014 at 10:47 PM Post #1,415 of 3,854
F1 thread in head-fi? This is the best thing next to /r/formula1 
biggrin.gif

Nov 9, 2014 at 4:35 PM Post #1,416 of 3,854
I wonder if Hamilton will consider sabotaging both his and Nico's race in Abu Dhabi to ensure that he wins the championship?

Rosberg played dirty at both Spa and Monaco this year so he'll struggle to get the moral high ground!

Nov 9, 2014 at 5:12 PM Post #1,417 of 3,854
  I wonder if Hamilton will consider sabotaging both his and Nico's race in Abu Dhabi to ensure that he wins the championship?

Rosberg played dirty at both Spa and Monaco this year so he'll struggle to get the moral high ground!

What would be the point? Hamilton can play the good guy and just cruise home a second with safest engine mode, ridiculous brake cooling and short shifting like crazy to save the gearbox and still be comfortably faster then the Williams. 

He knows it. Nico knows it. Everybody knows it.

If now Mercedes get an failure in the last race on Hamiltons car it would be jaw to the floor.

Nov 9, 2014 at 6:23 PM Post #1,418 of 3,854
  What would be the point? Hamilton can play the good guy and just cruise home a second with safest engine mode, ridiculous brake cooling and short shifting like crazy to save the gearbox and still be comfortably faster then the Williams. 

He knows it. Nico knows it. Everybody knows it.

If now Mercedes get an failure in the last race on Hamiltons car it would be jaw to the floor.

You make a good point. Assuming no first lap incidents Hamilton is almost guaranteed second. I wonder if Hamilton would if he needed to and had the chance? 

Nov 9, 2014 at 8:42 PM Post #1,419 of 3,854

What? You miss Senna THAT much?

Nov 9, 2014 at 8:46 PM Post #1,420 of 3,854
IMO Hamilton should just go "full professor mode" and cruise his way to 2nd in Abu Dhabi.

Nov 9, 2014 at 11:10 PM Post #1,421 of 3,854
  IMO Hamilton should just go "full professor mode" and cruise his way to 2nd in Abu Dhabi.

Quite literally the cat bird seat. He can pollute up Nicole's mirrors all race long and just gloat that there is bugger all he can do about it. Not a bad position at all to be in for a WDC leader:)

Nov 10, 2014 at 1:21 PM Post #1,422 of 3,854
I think Hamilton has enough wits to avoid even going for the win. He should not try to overtake in the pits even and get Rosberg the chance to get on his tail. It would be cool if you could litterary see him hitting the brakes on the start straight to make sure he keeps behind Nico. Then Nicos only chance is getting off the throttle and kind of force a move from Hamilton to not get passed by Williams. Maybe it´s better if Nico don´t take the start and instead focuses on trying to put pressure on Hamilton. If Hamilton let him pass try to get behind again.

Nov 10, 2014 at 2:33 PM Post #1,424 of 3,854
I do count them out. I really don´t think that massa and Bottas want to mess up the championship battle either. They generally choose not trying to fight Mercedes because of how futile it is.

Nov 10, 2014 at 2:37 PM Post #1,425 of 3,854
More likely to see a Raikkonen / Alonso grudge mid pack holding up the works:wink:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back