Formula 1-fi (Read the First Post!)
Oct 20, 2014 at 11:23 AM Post #1,381 of 3,854
I am completely unbiased towards which mercedes win the races so I haven´t seen many spectacular races no. What is spectacular about having one absolutely superior car nobody can touch unless they suffer mechanical failures??? It´s not like it has been supertight otherwise either this season.

Watch Aussie V8 if you want some spectacular races :)

Sure and Nascar, Indycar, most other leagues (except F3) have closer racing and more dueling for wins than F1 has ever had. But don't berate the season because it's not Aussie V8 racing - F1 never was and never will be.

Bahrain 2014 will go down as one of the all time great races. Canada 2014 was fantastic. Hungary great.

People still bang on about the 1988 season - how many teams won races that year? Two. How many if you discount Ferrari's single win? One. Just because the championship battle is an intra-team battle doesn't make it less interesting.

Oct 20, 2014 at 5:04 PM Post #1,382 of 3,854
Well, we've had:

- 2 - 3 spectacular races
- good fighting in most races up and down the field.
- Bernie in the dock
- Monaco-gate
- new team announced
- Bernie out of the dock
- Spa-gate
- 3-4 major resignations
- surprise team switch by top driver
- maybe the best driver in the field looking for a ride
- a monsoon
- one team in receivership - likely leaving
- reliability issues affecting championship
- some seriously scary crashes
- brake failures affecting championship
- a fire affecting championship

- and Two ... that's right TWO drivers fighting tooth and nail for the championship all year long.

The fact that you may not like either driver, or that they race for the same team, or that you do not like that team is immaterial to the fact that the season has been a roller coaster of F1.

If Webber had been able to keep Vettel honest over the past 4 years F1 would have been a hell of a lot more enjoyable, even if RB still won everything.

The season is good, the Russian GP is not. The track was so boring I didn't even paid full attention during the race.

Oct 21, 2014 at 4:57 AM Post #1,383 of 3,854
Sure and Nascar, Indycar, most other leagues (except F3) have closer racing and more dueling for wins than F1 has ever had. But don't berate the season because it's not Aussie V8 racing - F1 never was and never will be.

Bahrain 2014 will go down as one of the all time great races. Canada 2014 was fantastic. Hungary great.

People still bang on about the 1988 season - how many teams won races that year? Two. How many if you discount Ferrari's single win? One. Just because the championship battle is an intra-team battle doesn't make it less interesting.

It´s low action also for being F1. The car sounds crap. the difference top to bottom has never been greater. I beg to differ like crazy :p

Oct 21, 2014 at 5:44 PM Post #1,385 of 3,854

The season is good, the Russian GP is not. The track was so boring I didn't even paid full attention during the race.

Never trust the opinion of anyone who would sell his T1s!

(Although I do completely agree.)

lol to be honest I do miss it 
biggrin.gif

Oct 25, 2014 at 3:12 PM Post #1,386 of 3,854
What do you guys think about the 9 teams race for the US Grand Prix?

Oct 25, 2014 at 7:29 PM Post #1,387 of 3,854

I've always wanted to see what a race would be like without those useless back marker teams.  
tongue.gif

Oct 25, 2014 at 7:50 PM Post #1,388 of 3,854

I've always wanted to see what a race would be like without those useless back marker teams.  
tongue.gif

C'mon the mobile chicanes add excitement to the race.

Anybody have any info on the rumours of Teflonso teaming up with Audi for '16? If the perennially insolvent backmarkers continue on there might be a team for cheap for Auto Union:)

Oct 26, 2014 at 11:58 AM Post #1,389 of 3,854

I guess it will be better then the Ferrari parade a couple years ago :wink:.

But yeah I recon there is not to many that will miss the backmarkers.

Oct 26, 2014 at 5:34 PM Post #1,390 of 3,854
  I guess it will be better then the Ferrari parade a couple years ago :wink:.

But yeah I recon there is not to many that will miss the backmarkers.

It was 9 years ago, believe it or not... And no, nothing will ever be that bad again
tongue_smile.gif

I'll miss Marussia; they really seemed a team on the rise, upsetting Caterham with their massive budget difference. Although really, Bianchi was my favorite thing about the team; Marussia with Chilton and pay-driver-of-the-week doesn't elicit the same excitement from me. I won't miss Caterham.

PS: I'm still expecting Alonso to McLaren, and all this speculation being just the usual smoke on the water of F1. But Audi to F1 would be an interesting development; with their record of hybrid engineering success, Mercedes might have something to be concerned about if it turns out to be true...

Oct 26, 2014 at 7:27 PM Post #1,391 of 3,854
I want BMW back...

Oct 27, 2014 at 3:29 AM Post #1,392 of 3,854
I feel bad for Kamui - I genuinely like the guy.

Alonso + Dennis still seems like such a big stretch to me. If Ron goes, then I could see it happening. The thing about Audi is that they have already nabbed Dominecali, plus after winning everything for 15 years in LeMans the only way to get headlines is when you do poorly - ask Renault about their 90's F1 campaign - so maybe we will see them on the grid. BUT does Alonso have enough time left to get an Audi F1 team up to the point of being competitive? Look how long it took Merc. Maybe he'll do it if they give him an eight year contract :D .

Oct 27, 2014 at 5:19 AM Post #1,394 of 3,854
  Would be nice to see more constructors on grid. But wont see it happening with current F1 structure.

The current structure only hurts the small teams. Audi ain't one of those. With revenue of 10 times what Red Bull has at their disposal (and about 7 times the profit) they could easily afford the same level of investment RBR has backing it - and that's been shown to be plenty. If Audi joined F1, they wouldn't be joining to get a bit of exposure and make up the numbers - they'd be joining to dominate F1 like they have Les Mans and, perhaps just as importantly, show up Mercedes in the process.

Oct 27, 2014 at 5:56 AM Post #1,395 of 3,854
To get money in F1 you need to win and score high in the constructor championship. or you don´t get any from Bernie nor sponsors.

https://twitter.com/Audi__Sport/status/526103398727565312?s=09

Just internet again...

I don´t see why Audi should go into F1. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back