Formula 1-fi (Read the First Post!)
Oct 4, 2014 at 9:09 PM Post #1,321 of 3,854
Oct 5, 2014 at 4:13 AM Post #1,322 of 3,854
So Honda is back in F1. I look forward to the reunification of McLaren Honda.

Its funny to think that the current Mercedes team was the factory Honda team.

But congrats to Mercedes who was wise to serve a long term apprenticeship with f1 great McLaren before going at it and becoming a successful team outright.

Williams was getting there with BMW. but BMW shafted Williams and Sauber, because apparently BMW thinks it knows what its doing.

Oct 5, 2014 at 4:14 AM Post #1,323 of 3,854
What a boring ending to the race..

edit: somehow I missed the critical accident involving Bianchi, I hope he's alright as I'm quite certain he is a future star.

Oct 5, 2014 at 4:26 AM Post #1,324 of 3,854
Oh I misunderstood that accident thought it was Sutil and that crash didn´t seem bad. But Bianchi crashed at same corner and perhaps hit the car that lifted of Sutils car and he didn´t respond to radio calls and was unconscious :frowning2:

Oct 5, 2014 at 4:29 AM Post #1,325 of 3,854
Jensen looked like he had been crying when he was interviewed several minute ago regarding the crash.

Oct 5, 2014 at 5:37 AM Post #1,326 of 3,854
I think it's serious. The whole thing has a feeling eerily similar to Imola 1994. Nobody is saying anything, but pictures of the car (so I hear - I've avoided looking at them) suggest part or all may have gone under the digger. Really hoping he's okay - I'd hope the same for anyone, but I've always looked on Jules as a really nice, talented driver and a star of the future.
frown.gif

Oct 5, 2014 at 6:09 AM Post #1,328 of 3,854
But congrats to Mercedes who was wise to serve a long term apprenticeship with f1 great McLaren before going at it and becoming a successful team outright.

It wasn't outright success, 4years and millions of dollars on best people and drivers. And if it were not for rule changes they would still be struggling.
Honda would need same time , even struggling Ferari says they might need 2-3 year to start winning again.

Oct 5, 2014 at 7:12 AM Post #1,329 of 3,854
Media blockade on this incident is more frightening.  Hopefully everything is OK.

Oh dear, hope everything turns out OK. Was watching Russell Crowes football team take out the grand final and didn't catch the race.

Oct 5, 2014 at 2:24 PM Post #1,332 of 3,854
"Breathing on his own after surgery" Is a positive yet ominous report. The way they have clamped down on the media, not to mention stonewalling the Team itself in the emergeny centre is indeed, disturbing.

All the best to you Jules.

Oct 5, 2014 at 3:07 PM Post #1,333 of 3,854
  Jensen looked like he had been crying when he was interviewed several minute ago regarding the crash.

It's nice to see that, under their masks, F1 drivers can be very sensitive. Reminds me of Senna...

Let's hope that Jules doesn't meet the same tragic destiny.

It's enraging though, why did they lift Sutil's car without letting the safety out in the first place ?

Oct 5, 2014 at 4:59 PM Post #1,335 of 3,854
This is a sad day indeed for F1. I've just read that former F1 driver Andrea de Cesaris has died in a motorcycle accident earlier this morning. I don't know him very well, but RIP.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back