Formula 1-fi (Read the First Post!)
Mar 23, 2017 at 6:09 AM Post #3,181 of 3,854
Hamilton trying to play the mind games ahead of Australia but is anyone buying it? 
rolleyes.gif

http://www.skysports.com/f1/news/12433/10811150/lewis-hamilton-insists-ferrari-are-the-favourites-for-new-f1-season

Mar 23, 2017 at 7:09 AM Post #3,182 of 3,854
Even Vettel's not buying that one. Kimi of course remains silent.  I think lew is just trying to drive spectator interest here. Everyone who follows the sport remembers last years Ferrari effort all too well. Looks good in Austrailia and faded like a meteor through the season.

The dead bulls will be the tell in Oz.

Good news is Whiting claims the fins and twings will be gone next year latest and the Verstappen rule is replaced with discretionary investigations. Wonder if the land O Liberty has been reviewing the races and exerting some "opinions".

Meanwhile Teflonso is calling for new "gear". Veiled hopes of a 3 pointed star powerplant perhaps?

Mar 25, 2017 at 1:51 PM Post #3,184 of 3,854
Hard to see that behind the monitor though. Mercedes sandbagged and was not able to get a 1-2. Bottas probably don´t have the grips of the car yet so that will probably change to a constant 1-2 this season.

Mar 25, 2017 at 2:03 PM Post #3,186 of 3,854
It will be an interesting start with the human missile Vettel to contend with. That will leave Kimi to deal with Bottas which might be entertaining. Shame about Ricciardo. I would have liked to see him up front to see just how they compare against the fast movers up front.

Mar 25, 2017 at 3:08 PM Post #3,187 of 3,854
Yeah, shame to see Daniel down in the order at his home race. Seems the distractions and extra pressure of home turf is still real although a few drivers got caught out by how these new cars react on the limit.

Might be fun seeing if he can work his way up through the field. Guess we'll find out tomorrow how much harder it really is to pass with the new cars.

Mar 25, 2017 at 6:25 PM Post #3,188 of 3,854

Faster than many seasons. They smashed the track record several times over today! Looking forward to the race tomorrow, to see whether Hamilton has got the hang of starting this season..

Yeah - but, they haven't set a new F1 lap record yet.
In thw 2004 GP Schumacher went faster in the race than his pole time, what are the chances of that happening today?

Mar 25, 2017 at 9:34 PM Post #3,190 of 3,854

I guess we'll see! I reckon there's every chance, if Schumacher's pole time for the 2004 gp was the previous fastest qualifying lap.

EDIT - doh, sorry, brain lapse. 
rolleyes.gif
 Yeah, maybe not.

I will be curious to see the speeds as the fuel loads get burned off. The closing laps may have some potential here.

Mar 25, 2017 at 9:43 PM Post #3,191 of 3,854
Bummed I can't watch the race live. I'll have to activate the blinkers till midday tomorrow. I know some here don't mind it, but I always prefer watching highlights without knowing the result beforehand. That said, I just watched Rogue One, and I knew the result beforehand there...

Mar 25, 2017 at 10:14 PM Post #3,192 of 3,854
  Bummed I can't watch the race live. I'll have to activate the blinkers till midday tomorrow. I know some here don't mind it, but I always prefer watching highlights without knowing the result beforehand. That said, I just watched Rogue One, and I knew the result beforehand there...

I've been there. Had to work one Sunday (some years ago) and was trying to avoid all coverage until I got home to watch the race. Then, while helping a customer with their PC, right on their screen was a news site showing the race winner!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back