1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

Formula 1-fi (Read the First Post!)

First

Back
205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214
216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225
Next

Last
  1. oqvist
    Lol it´s not enough with one april fools joke? 

2. MuZo2
    Different sites were running different articles & breaking news. I normally check gptoday which displays all headlines from different sites.

3. Hutnicks
    I just pull all the headlines in a google search and filter from there.

Nice to see some agreement on the decision to go away from the "weed whacker" engines. Though what VW is doing in that working group is beyond me. Hope rides high, reality though with road relevance being bandied about could well end up with 3 cyl engines[​IMG]

4. MuZo2
    http://www.gptoday.com/full_story/view/599891/Hasegawa_We_thought_it_would_be_easy/
    You have to feel for Mclaren and Alonso what a pathetic job Honda have done in their third year.

5. Hutnicks

That is really scary to read. That an organization like Honda, who have been in F1 before completely blindsided themselves and apparently continue to do so with the current motor, has got to be one of the largest corporate failures in motorsport.

Alonso claiming they could be down 30km in top end had me stunned when I read it. China will be a brutal experience for the team no doubt.

Jensen, good call mate, this was one year you did not need to experience.

6. SteveOliver
    Honda will fix it, eventually, maybe. Now the token system is gone they can redesign the whole engine mid-season if needed.

7. Hutnicks

Sure, but in the meantime the loss of points may well bankrupt Mac. The issue becomes one of how could Merc get it right, Ferrari come up to snuff, Renault close the gap and Honda with a free pass on a new engine initial design go so wrong.

Chine will be a real tell for the future of this year.

8. oqvist
    McLaren get legacy money. They don´t have to perform to get a decent income more then most of the F1 teams so they should survive I am sure. 

China will be interesting. Australia tend to not be a very good sign of what is to come. I do really fear Merc will be back on top :p

9. jimmers
    They had plenty of time to "fix it" in their previous foray, but, in their last season - 2008 - JB only had one points finish; for 2009 Brawn stuck a Merc in the back and he won the WDC

10. Hutnicks

Thats just going to wind up being grist for the Liberty mill. The new owners not being terribly big on rewarding losers.

11. Herueyes
    Quali was close .186 difference... Somebody got lucky...

FullSizeRender5.jpg

Peace... [​IMG]

12. gr8soundz
    Try 0.001.....

13. oqvist
    Don´t understand the references :p

Ferrari should give the Sauber the current engine. Robin hood you know rich get to the poor so we get a more fair playing field.
    I wonder if Wehrlein fake his neck injury because who on earth would want to drive such an incompetitive car that can never get competitive.

14. gr8soundz

We're referencing the qualifying times between 1st, 2nd, and 3rd.

An F1 drive is an F1 drive. Seats are just too rare. Just look at Alonso. Even after 3 years of Mclaren downturn do you think he would rather be at home or driving any car in F1 (no matter how slow)? Hell, Checo is driving an all PINK car! and we don't see him complaining.

Pretty sure Pascal isn't trying to avoid the car because of pace. Must be another reason whatever it is. But I and can attest to back injuries affecting one's ability to be in the car even without multiple Gs. Just shifting manually (doesn't apply to F1) was hard enough.

15. oqvist
    yes but that sketch 187 stands for what? 

Not serious about Pascal faking it but in his mind I guess part of it feels thank god I don´t have to drive that. There is just nu future with the old Ferrari engine. Complaining about Honda engine but it´s quite a bit better actually and will improve. Ferrari 2016 will not. 
    I guess F1 is now fun to drive again with the new ruleset though. 

If pink car is the fastest that is what you drive :D Though most F1 drivers dream is the Red car :wink:

First

Back
205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214
216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225
Next

Last