1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

Formula 1-fi (Read the First Post!)

First

Back
202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211
213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222
Next

Last
  1. Hutnicks
  2. MuZo2
    Unfortunately FIA has to ban them & Ross cant do much.

3. Hutnicks

Just watch and see:wink:

4. SP Wild
    They look muscular again... These new F1 cars. They lost that look for more than a decade. They looked like this in the early nineties and prior.

Then they started looking more and more 'elegant'.

I am anticipating the Melbourne GP more than usual.

5. serman005
    I am an American who observes from somewhat of a distance but still watches most of the races (I'm an insomniac). Who is the current favorite for the Australian? Lewis? Vettel? Someone else? Thanks for the input.

6. Hutnicks

Tough call with so many shenanigans going on in the Barcelona testing.

The wise man would put his money on Lewis in Melbourne. Despite all the accolades Ferrari is getting I doubt they have caught up to Mercedes in the performance department with the engine.

The wildcard here would be the Deadbulls of Ricciardo and Verstappen. If the Merc's so much as hiccough those two desperado's will be on them like a pack of wolves.

7. MuZo2
    In early 2017 season because of rule changes we might see some good races but once all teams sort their reliability issues in mid 2017 we might see boring races
    http://www.gptoday.com/full_story/view/597251/Massa_15s_faster_than_Sauber_but_couldn8217t_pass/

8. MuZo2
    I think Merc and Redbull are still ahead of Ferrari. Lewis , Lauda, Riccardo and Marko all are bluffing.

9. wink
    The quicker Vettel reaches his use-by date, the better F1 will be......  I'm hoping for tomorrow.....    [​IMG]

10. Hutnicks

I agree. I think there is a whole lot of sandbagging going on in Spain.

I would like to know what the SCUD was running as a fuel load on Vettel's fastest lap. I suspect about a teaspoon full.:wink:

11. serman005
    Uh huh, got it. Really looking forward to the race. Thanks for the feedback!

12. Hutnicks

You're welcome. Always happy to get someone interested in the sport. Melbourne I suspect will be an eye opener this year. Particularly as a lot of the teams are now saying they really wont have their development done for the first few races.

Can always take the longshot and bet on Alonso:) I figure Vegas odds on him in Melbourne would pay out retirement money on a 10 dollar bet:)

13. Hutnicks
    ....Meanwhile. It appears the SCUD has taken up the share options offered by Liberty. That is going to confound the other top runners. Bernie must be laughing, he offered the same deal multiple times and the team owners dissed him until he gave up, then of course Ron Dennis came running after the fact. Heres hoping the new generation of Team Management actually have the foresight to buy into their own sport.

Canada gets renewed until 2029, someone must have reduced the pricing on that one at last.

Vettel thinking he can fight for the title this year. I hope so, but I would not put hard currency on it.

More Mac woes, with the big swell being about Alonso's expiring contract. I am not sure the new management there see that as a big a deal as the press does. A lot of new and experienced talent on the market now and turned around and looked at the other way, where the devil would he go. The only option would be Williams or Renault. I for one do not believe for a moment it was he who turned down Merc.

Force India in pink. I might find it hard to cheer for that this year. Then again, the SAS uses it for desert camo so perhaps they are on to something. Pulling for Perez, hope the drivers suits do not reflect the new sponsorship though.

Baku organizers defend the most boring F1 parade of the last season. Liberty may just be gaining street cred here taking on the organizers there. After last years yawnfest I will be anxious to see the gate reciepts for this year.

Getting closer to Australia for the opener. Dying to see how it shakes out. Q3, I suspect will be a big eye opener for everyone.

14. WraithApe

I thought you meant in the pink, but no, in pink - first time I've laid eyes on this... ugh.

224357.jpg

Not a fan of street races generally due to limited overtaking opportunities but yeah, Baku was even worse than expected. I'm surprised it's getting another chance after the debacle of last season tbh.

15. Hutnicks

It will be interesting to see that car under the lights in Singapore.[​IMG]

EDIT  Of course not without precedent. The current WDC's old man ran this in the 76 Formula Atlantic series. Wonder if Nico is thinking of coming back to FI. Britney in pink, seems a natural. ;0

Rosberg6.jpg

I suspect Bernie made Baku commit to about a 1000 year contract at an outrageous cost so it will take Liberty some time to figure out how to "relocate" the race.  Perhaps this year they can do a deal with Google Drive and let the drivers sleep through the race with the rest of us.

First

Back
202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211
213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222
Next

Last