Formula 1-fi (Read the First Post!)
Sep 1, 2016 at 6:18 AM Post #2,851 of 3,854
AFAIK ground effect skirts are not returning next season. The floor regulations have not changed much at all with the main differences being the leading edge moved back and the diffuser being bigger. The test mule cars for the Pirelli's 2017 tyres were allowed to be updated with floor skirts to simulate the levels of downforce expected but will not actually be allowed for next year.

Sep 1, 2016 at 8:01 AM Post #2,852 of 3,854
  AFAIK ground effect skirts are not returning next season. The floor regulations have not changed much at all with the main differences being the leading edge moved back and the diffuser being bigger. The test mule cars for the Pirelli's 2017 tyres were allowed to be updated with floor skirts to simulate the levels of downforce expected but will not actually be allowed for next year.

Hmm. I thought the article I read in Motorsport mentioned skirts being legal for the rear of the car. Have to check on this.

Sep 1, 2016 at 8:56 AM Post #2,854 of 3,854
  Massa has retired and seems Jenson might follow.
Wondering if driver swap might take place between Maclaren and FI ? (Vandoorne)

It's going to be a month of musical drivers then. Williams apparently has not signed Bottas either yet although at this point they have little to offer a great driver so not signing him makes little sense.

When you put Mad Mac into the equation anything is possible. They could even rehire Perez after throwing him under the bus:)

Sep 3, 2016 at 11:17 AM Post #2,855 of 3,854

Seems like a good time to retire Massa. At least one Williams performed as expected.

Hamilton seem to have found the form.

Sep 3, 2016 at 7:11 PM Post #2,856 of 3,854

Yep, Jenson retiring too and staying as advisory roll with McLaren (marketing for Honda $$$). Makes you feel old seeing whole generations of drivers pass through. Only Alonso and Kimi left from the V10 era.

Sep 4, 2016 at 6:56 AM Post #2,857 of 3,854
"Retiring" with options:)  Not a bad way to exit gracefully. 17 years in the Circus is almost an eternity, I can well see where he needs the rest from the year long grind.

I suspect we will see a fair bit of him on the TV next year.

Sep 4, 2016 at 6:48 PM Post #2,858 of 3,854
Zzzzzzzz race

Sep 4, 2016 at 7:42 PM Post #2,860 of 3,854
Watch the MotoGP race at Silverstone instead. That series hardly ever disappoint :)

Sep 4, 2016 at 9:58 PM Post #2,861 of 3,854
  Watch the MotoGP race at Silverstone instead. That series hardly ever disappoint :)

Yeah but it doesn't have Martin Bumbledoore being dissed by Bernie on the grid:)

I'd watch WRC, but almost impossible to get here.

Sep 5, 2016 at 2:19 AM Post #2,863 of 3,854

Yesterday was thinking to retire as viewer next year along with Alonso if next year doesnt spice things up. But Hamilton has already hinted that things will be same next years just cars might be bit faster to put you to sleep.

FTFY..  

Sep 5, 2016 at 3:18 AM Post #2,864 of 3,854
I think yesterday Alonso deliberately put fastest lap at end of race to make mockery of current rules( safe fuel, save engine, save tires) . They are making it boring with adding more rules to avoid real racing (driver penalty points, penalty points for going over white line)
mad.gif
Hope the new F1 owners make drastic changes to get he viewers back.

Sep 5, 2016 at 3:58 AM Post #2,865 of 3,854
  Yeah but it doesn't have Martin Bumbledoore being dissed by Bernie on the grid:)

I'd watch WRC, but almost impossible to get here.

We used to get all F1 races and quali live, all MotoGP and quali live, Moto2 and Moto3 delayed (straight after MotoGP race), all V8 Supercars and quali live and Nascar and WRC.
Now we get fewer than half the F1 races live, race only, (the rest as 1 hour "highlights" package) and the same with V8 Supercars. No Moto2, Moto3, Nascar or WRC.
Our "Home of Motorsport" channel sold out to Murdoch.
You complain about Bumbledoore, but I'd much rather have him than DC, the other bloke and the call-centre guy, at least Martin was entertaining most of the time.. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back